PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know of a bike night in St. Augustine FL?

tiny0452
11-24-2014, 09:36 PM
My wife and I are in St. Augustine Fl until Wednesday and are looking for something fun to do.

Any suggestions

Steve 0080
11-24-2014, 10:01 PM
Look up... Born to Ride.com..... it will show every get together in the S.E. Can't get to it where I am ...

bobbyf6b
11-24-2014, 10:07 PM
Also try www.cyclefish.com

http://www.cyclefish.com/browse_events.php?v=3&st=10&eventcat_id=0&s=event_date_start%20ASC

Cool Hand Luke
11-24-2014, 10:21 PM
Couldn't find any bike night in the area for the next two days. But, there are great many things to do there, I love St. Augustine.

How good do you know the area?

Try riding the loop in Daytona. Easy ride on A1A to Ormond Beach then right on High Bridge Road, go until left on Old Dixie Highway. Let me know if you need more detailed directions.

Do you like history? If so, take a tour of Fort Matanzas:

Ride A1A South to Crescent Beach, then turn right at Fort Matanzas State Park. This is an old Spanish Fort, the park service runs a nice free ferry ride to the island the fort is on. Sometimes they have volunteers that dress up in period uniforms there and fire the cannon. It is an awesome and unique trip to take.

Ride to Flagler Beach and in the morning and have a breakfast at the Pier Restaurant. Some of the best eggs you'll have in life with a great view of the beach!

Ride to Ponce Inlet in Daytona, tour the Lighthouse there:

Climb the stairs to the top, work out the weight you just put on from eating the eggs and bacon for breakfast. Try lunch at Racing's North Turn Restaurant near Ponce Inlet, awesome views right on the beach:

Ride North to Ponte Vedra Beach. Take A1A North towards Jacksonville Beach, turn right onto Ponte Vedra Boulevard. Ride slow and enjoy the views of some of the most expensive houses/mansions in United States. Then, you can continue to Mayport Village, take the ferry ride over to the other side, enjoy the views and look for dolphins. Then continue on A1A North to Amelia Island and enjoy some beautiful scenery. Have lunch at Amelia Island Plantation restaurant and walk around the shops. Or visit downtown Fernandina Beach and eat at some restaurant there and look at the shops:

Ride South on A1A to Marineland. Take a tour of their amazing dolphins in huge salt water tanks, enjoy the show.

Take a ride inland to Mount Dora:

Beautiful two lane roads lead you there, check out the map or let me know if you need more directions. Have lunch downtown at German Restaurant, walk around and look at the shops, or maybe take a boat tour of the lake.

Anyway, that's what comes to mind right away. I hope it helps!

Steve 0080
11-25-2014, 12:25 AM
Here it the link...go to events and look for your area....

http://www.borntorideflorida.com/events.html