PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Member

Denase
11-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Hi joined this forum to learn more about the F6B. Had my heart set on a BMW R1200RT. But I can have the smooth 6 cylinder for much less money. For those that have added a CB radio to their bikes. What unit are you using? I currently use a J&M handlebar mount on a R1200GSA and it works well however I like the integrated option of the MP3, but what about controlling it? Do you change out the handlebar switches from a full GoldWing?
Thanks

F6B1911
11-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Hi joined this forum to learn more about the F6B. Had my heart set on a BMW R1200RT. But I can have the smooth 6 cylinder for much less money. For those that have added a CB radio to their bikes. What unit are you using? I currently use a J&M handlebar mount on a R1200GSA and it works well however I like the integrated option of the MP3, but what about controlling it? Do you change out the handlebar switches from a full GoldWing?
Thanks

Hi Denease,
Welcome to the board. I had my heart set on the R1200RT as well, my previous bike was an older beemer.
I almost went with the R1200RT until the recall, then I saw the F6B.
Yeah, hard to swallow the pricing on the BMW when comparing it to the price of the F6B.
I made the right choice, couldn't be happier.
Sorry, I can't be much help on the CB Radio though.

FF-Ed
11-28-2014, 10:53 AM
there are all kinds of ways to do it & for that matter all kinds of equip. being used.

some have opted to use "Take off" controls from a full on GW (which I like the looks of...),

some have opted for aftermarket options. We have commercial sponsors here that have super nice products that they sell

which will get the job done, and others that will do the work for you...

Start with the search Box in the upper right hand corner, put in CB and you'll have plenty of input from guys who have it already.

Good Luck, & Welcome to the forum

Lumpy
11-28-2014, 03:29 PM
I've been looking at the F6, 1200gs. Coming from HD limited. This will be my first Honda.

53driver
11-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Denase & Lumpy - welcome aboard...the board!
Cheers from Philadelphia!
Steve

Denase
11-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Thanks, I belong to several boards. This one seems most civil.:icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
11-29-2014, 08:54 AM
'welcome gang' to the board !!!

Hornblower
11-29-2014, 09:03 AM
Thanks, I belong to several boards. This one seems most civil.:icon_biggrin:

Yes, welcome to you new guys .welcome20. Apparently, you've noticed how ridiculous and uncontrolled some boards have become and how quickly things can degrade into personal attacks. We do attempt here to avoid that but as they say, people being people...anyway, we welcome you and look forward to your participation.

Jimmytee
11-29-2014, 09:22 AM
.welcome20.'welcome gang':cheers::039::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::y es::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::y es::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::y es::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::y es::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::y es::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::y es::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::y es::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::y es::yes:

I was thinking about the 1600 Beemer, but price, style ,and the fact I also have a Valkyrie( love the flat 6) kept me with the Honda. Loving the F6B.