PDA

View Full Version : Just got back

cosborn
11-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Well, I've just got back from a couple of weeks touring Tasmania, or as it used to be known Van Diemen's Land. What a great trip, a good part of the island is world heritage listed and of course was originally settled to house the British Convicts that were over running the UK. Only 500,000 people on the whole place.

Anyway that is not what I'm writing about under Accessories, I purchased a replacement logo for the machine which turned up while i was away so i fitted it this morning. It replaces the Goldwing logo on the dash area and looks really good, i simply lifted off the original which is held in place with a double sided adhesive and put some double sided tape on the new one and it went strait on. these are metal and can be picked up on ebay

Cheers Chris

bigbird
11-29-2014, 06:39 PM
I purchased a replacement logo for the machine which turned up while i was away so i fitted it this morning. It replaces the Goldwing logo on the dash area and looks really good,

Sorry, but I hope it looks better in the flesh than in your picture. It looks like it was done by a 5 year old on an etch-a-sketch :shrug:

Steve 0080
11-29-2014, 06:48 PM
WOW!!! Tell us how you really feel.....

cosborn
11-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Yep it does look better in the flesh, I think it must be laser cut.......might have to do a photography course

chris

bigbird
11-29-2014, 06:57 PM
WOW!!! Tell us how you really feel.....

The OP put it out there. I guess we're not supposed to give opinions, or just not be honest?
I'm glad you're happy with it Chris.

Phantom
11-29-2014, 07:00 PM
Sorry, but I hope it looks better in the flesh than in your picture. It looks like it was done by a 5 year old on an etch-a-sketch :shrug:

These were created by a former member of this board (Ernie ... aka F6BEE). His WIDOW donated 6 for our past rally that were given away as door prizes, she obviously has a few leftover and is selling them on E-bay. They are very nice emblems and yes they look much better in person. He had the clear ones and Black ones.

BigBird, :spank:

bigbird
11-29-2014, 07:02 PM
BigBird, :spank:

Yah, yah, yah, I'll take my licks.

bigbird
11-29-2014, 07:05 PM
They are very nice emblems and yes they look much better in person.

A 2 dimensional computer screen has a way of making works of art look like, well, you know.
I'm very glad they are good looking emblems.

Phantom
11-29-2014, 07:05 PM
Yah, yah, yah, I'll take my licks.

Cosborn, don't hurt him too much :catfight: ... he's Canadian :popcorn:

cosborn
11-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Hey guys, I hope we can all give our opinion here otherwise whats the use.

Love to all

chris:039:

bigbird
11-29-2014, 10:07 PM

Love to all

Peace and love from cold Canada.
I love my F6B almost as much as I do my wife of 32 years.
She, like my bike, has ABS*

*Amazing Beautiful Sexy

Phantom
11-29-2014, 10:43 PM

Love to all

Chris, we do have a great forum. Sharing one's experiences or mods with everyone is encouraged. Having a little bit of fun/ribbing each other is also encouraged. We do have a couple of trouble makers on here (HornBlower and DeerSlayer) but we're watching them like a hawk. :icon_mrgreen: :duck:

Any photos from your ride through Tasmania ????

Hornblower
11-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Chris, we do have a great forum. Sharing one's experiences or mods with everyone is encouraged. Having a little bit of fun/ribbing each other is also encouraged. We do have a couple of trouble makers on here (HornBlower and DeerSlayer) but we're watching them like a hawk. :icon_mrgreen: :duck:

:what:

tinkerman
11-30-2014, 05:07 PM
We might have to set up some kind of Canadian Posse to keep those Manitobans in line.....they get a little rambunctious now and then.:nono:

tink

bigbird
11-30-2014, 06:14 PM
We might have to set up some kind of Canadian Posse to keep those Manitobans in line.....they get a little rambunctious now and then.:nono:

tink

Only because we can't drive our 'B's for another 4 months.

What's it like on the Rock for your riding season?

Oh yeah, support those IceCaps for us here in the 'Peg.
You did a great job prepping Lowry for the bigs.

53driver
11-30-2014, 06:27 PM

I'm gonna need a 'Merican English translation.....
I thank you in advance.
Steve

bigbird
11-30-2014, 07:20 PM
I'm gonna need a 'Merican English translation.....
I thank you in advance.
Steve

Sorry, Steve.

The "Rock" is the island portion of the province of Labrador/Newfoundland.
The largest city on the Rock is St. John's.
St. John's has a professional hockey team, in the American Hockey League. Their team is the St. John's Icecaps.
The Icecaps are the farm team of the Winnipeg Jets of the National Hockey League. Winnipeg is affectionately known as the 'Peg.
The Icecaps best player last year, arguably Adam Lowry, was their only player to graduate up to the Winnipeg Jets this season.
I am a big Winnipeg Jets hockey fan, having lived in Winnipeg all my life, and playing hockey right up into university.

I hope it all makes sense now.

Spanky
11-30-2014, 07:41 PM
Sorry, Steve.

St. John's has a professional hockey team, in the American Hockey League. Their team is the St. John's Icecaps.
The Icecaps are the farm team of the Winnipeg Jets of the National Hockey League. Winnipeg is affectionately known as the 'Peg.
The Icecaps best player last year, arguably Adam Lowry, was their only player to graduate up to the Winnipeg Jets this season.
I am a big Winnipeg Jets hockey fan, having lived in Winnipeg all my life, and playing hockey right up into university.

Now, now, I lived in Newfoundland, St. Johns in fact... not for the 4 years that officially makes you a newfie, but still. I would like to take a ride back there sometime, maybe in the week and a half it's over 65 degrees. You forgot the beer, Bird, the beer makes it all worth while.

bigbird
11-30-2014, 07:49 PM
You forgot the beer, Bird, the beer makes it all worth while.

Moosehead has been available across Canada for years now. Otherwise, I don't know of any regional beers that make the Rock the place to be.

53driver
12-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Sorry, Steve.

Aye. Thank you.
In New Jersey, Moosehead isn't just a beer - it's also a misdemeanor. :shock: :icon_mrgreen:

tinkerman
12-03-2014, 04:43 PM

Big Variation season to season here. I have picked up Xmas gifts at the local Sears outlet on a bike....I have also taken my last ride in September....and that was it for the year. You can get out for a spin every now and then if you are a tough nut in March....if you don't mind the salt on the roads (which I do)....typically it is May before you can run on a regular basis.

I was out for a quick spin last Tuesday (just 100+ km or a little over 60 miles into Gander and back......bought a new toy for the winter months...a 600 cc BRP ski doo. I am experimenting with retirement so need some distractions) Had a great run...about 10 or 12 Celcius...54 Farenheit that's lots of heat for the F6B...I have the touring windshield on it right now and heated grips. Could run all day at those temps.

Tink

bigbird
12-03-2014, 05:03 PM
.bought a new toy for the winter months...a 600 cc BRP ski doo. I am experimenting with retirement so need some distractions)

I would like a '15 GSX LE with the 900 ACE Rotax motor (4 stroke DOHC triple):

Gotta' buy another lottery ticket to have any chance of that happening. 'cold'

Limoles
12-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Peace and love from cold Canada.
I love my F6B almost as much as I do my wife of 32 years.
She, like my bike, has ABS*

*Amazing Beautiful Sexy

... we heard what she said : All Boys ( the ) Same ...

bigbird
12-03-2014, 05:23 PM
... we heard what she said : All Boys ( the ) Same ...

I'm no boy. I'm a man!

Limoles
12-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Aye. Thank you.
In New Jersey, Moosehead isn't just a beer - it's also a misdemeanor. :shock: :icon_mrgreen:

Stay away from New Jersey !!!
We have DEERS , stupid politicians and highest taxes ... .
That's enough !!!

Limoles
12-03-2014, 05:27 PM
I'm no boy. I'm a man!

It did't apply to you .

Phantom
12-03-2014, 06:43 PM
swordfight

:icon_stooge:

:catfight:

'mooning'

austin_tech
12-03-2014, 10:48 PM

I have to agree with bigbird. Looks amateurish in the pic. Honest.

bigbird
12-03-2014, 10:57 PM
I have to agree with bigbird. Looks amateurish in the pic. Honest.

I've been assured it looks very smart and stylish in the flesh.

cosborn
12-04-2014, 12:46 AM
Well, you guys enjoy your winter, currently 31c here in Canberra au

Chris

:icon_lol:

Ankan
12-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Well, you guys enjoy your winter, currently 31c here in Canberra au

Chris

:icon_lol:

Hmph, go ahead, just rub it in :icon_razz: