PDA

View Full Version : Flat Paint or Clear Coat?

fxdl2051
12-02-2014, 04:20 PM
After seeing the new 2015, I was really taken with the matt silver paint and thought that would be so much better looking than the stock scratch black oem paint job. Did some research and since Harley runs matt paints on a lot of their bikes saw what the MoCo had to say. So with wear their matt paint will "burnish". Now to me that means an uneven cruddy looking paint job, maybe some slick spots in frequent contact areas. Anyone had these kinda paint jobs, how well do they hold up to wear and will they develop slick spots in contact areas, what do you think guys?

bobbyf6b
12-02-2014, 05:09 PM
My denim blue HDs (I had two that color) got polished spots where my knees touched. Other than that it held up great. Wiped it down with windex or HD denim spray.

That flat grey plus cruise makes me want to trade up but I'm still upside down on mine.

Limoles
12-02-2014, 09:23 PM
I've seen many bikes in different paint options . After years of evaluation and only for me , the candy pearl looks most attractive .

JBnAZ
12-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Had denim red for 4 years. Loved the look however special care must be used with that specific paint. As in no wax may be used as it will show up in low spots and as you work to rub it off it will remove the finish. I would haved loved a denim black on the F6......

Steve 0080
12-03-2014, 02:55 PM
The flat paint makes me wonder as well , for the 2015...still on the fence about the purchase....