Phantom
12-07-2014, 12:49 AM
:hippy: :soapbox: Off-Topic - Political Commentary

I ask that we keep the comments civil,

Thank You in advance :cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dLYHZ4dsZI

Steve 0080
12-07-2014, 02:41 AM
Sadly all seems to be true...The only thing accomplished by the latest riots is pushing back race relations for 50 more years... Does any one remember seeing the race riots of the 60's ? I could not tell the difference in MO. except for cars and clothing...so nothing has changed in 55 years except the players. Seems to me what we have is a authority problem...with no father figure in the home of, what 80% of families, there is no or little adult supervision and authority in the home. So the child grows up thinking he/she does not need to listen to any one much less a authoritative figure. When I grew up, I had respect for my parents, I could not imagine the wrath from my parents if a teacher called and God forbid a police officer come by the house...my world would have stopped turning. If someone, anyone told me to do something, I had better do it or they would call my mom and that I would regret not doing it...Not sure what happened in the families today, I think parents want to be their child's friend instead of a parent. There is nothing wrong with our legal system, it is the best in the world. The only thing wrong is the law is not carried out, but put on hold for 30 years until all appeals are done and then maybe the law is enforced. Oh well we will not change it here...sadly this will get worse until society puts a stop to it...and that will be ugly...

F6B1911
12-07-2014, 04:12 AM
You're right on Steve.
But one additional thing ... the President's office shouldn't be used as a forum for personal rants. Obama doesn't seem to respect the office and his role as previous presidents have.

GNW
12-07-2014, 08:20 AM

Steve you are so right !!!

Hornblower
12-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Well said, Steve :clap2:

DaWadd
12-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Steve , you hit the nail right on the head. Today's youth have been coddled and not taught any respect. Where I worked (recently retired) we hired a lot of new employees and with absolutely no work ethic, just want to stare at their cell phones. And bad attitudes.

53driver
12-07-2014, 09:26 AM
If something doesn't blatantly advertise "Immediate Self-Gratification" - most of today's youth will not go near it.

Lots of 20-somethings in my workplace.
Always waiting to be told to do something. No initiative.
Can't conduct 2-way communication - send it via email/text/Twitter and forget about it.
Can't communicate face-to-face.
Can't deal with any sort of confrontation.
Will not help each other out.
Can't make a decision until they "google" it.
Only solution is to whine about something, louder and louder, same verbiage over and over, until they are coddled (great word, DaWadd!).
"I wish my life had a "Back" button."
"I need a game controller for this job."
"My game computer is so much better than this POS at work."

I am in a non-supervisory role for a damn good reason.
I despise paperwork.
Think of all the paperwork and complaints to be processed if I was their supervisor.
Dumb asses need to do yard work - and lots of it.

Deer Slayer
12-07-2014, 03:03 PM

Steve you are so right !!!

:lolup:'all/right'

valkmc
12-09-2014, 12:23 PM
If something doesn't blatantly advertise "Immediate Self-Gratification" - most of today's youth will not go near it.

Lots of 20-somethings in my workplace.
Always waiting to be told to do something. No initiative.
Can't conduct 2-way communication - send it via email/text/Twitter and forget about it.
Can't communicate face-to-face.
Can't deal with any sort of confrontation.
Will not help each other out.
Can't make a decision until they "google" it.
Only solution is to whine about something, louder and louder, same verbiage over and over, until they are coddled (great word, DaWadd!).
"I wish my life had a "Back" button."
"I need a game controller for this job."
"My game computer is so much better than this POS at work."

I am in a non-supervisory role for a damn good reason.
I despise paperwork.
Think of all the paperwork and complaints to be processed if I was their supervisor.
Dumb asses need to do yard work - and lots of it.

Agree with everything you say except "most". I teach at a high school with 2600 students and there are many like you say, but it is not most just some and we all know in today's world the minority gets most of the attention. I coach the wrestling team and have 50 athletes who do not in any way get instant gratification. It is a sport that takes at least 2 years of working out and learning to be successful. I also run a large Criminal Justice Program where the fourth year is the one with all the goodies (internships, etc.) They have to put in the first three to get there. There are lots of good kids out there, it just easier to see and hear the idiots.

I remember being a teenager in the 70's and listening to my parents say what a bunch of idiots we were. Some of us have done quite well.

53driver
12-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Agree with everything you say except "most". I teach at a high school with 2600 students and there are many like you say, but it is not most just some and we all know in today's world the minority gets most of the attention. I coach the wrestling team and have 50 athletes who do not in any way get instant gratification. It is a sport that takes at least 2 years of working out and learning to be successful. I also run a large Criminal Justice Program where the fourth year is the one with all the goodies (internships, etc.) They have to put in the first three to get there. There are lots of good kids out there, it just easier to see and hear the idiots.

I remember being a teenager in the 70's and listening to my parents say what a bunch of idiots we were. Some of us have done quite well.

I'm really glad to hear that from someone as engaged with youth as yourself.
Since my daughters are no longer in high school, I seldom deal with that age group anymore.
Most - there's that word again - athletes understand long term goals and the sacrifices required - good on you for keeping that alive.
I tip my hat to you - not sure if I could be a teacher under the current rules and regs.
Cheers,
Steve

valkmc
12-09-2014, 11:02 PM
I'm really glad to hear that from someone as engaged with youth as yourself.
Since my daughters are no longer in high school, I seldom deal with that age group anymore.
Most - there's that word again - athletes understand long term goals and the sacrifices required - good on you for keeping that alive.
I tip my hat to you - not sure if I could be a teacher under the current rules and regs.
Cheers,
Steve

Thank You Sir. It is an up hill battle.

Westernbiker
12-10-2014, 02:23 PM
RESPECT!!!!
It all starts at home! No RESPECTFUL parents bringing up the child, has everything to do with it. No RESPECTFUL adult male in most of the families. Women having 2, 3, 4 or more kids, with each of them having a different sperm donor! And not a one of them being around for the child they spawned. We just can't expect these kids to have respect for anything or anyone being brought up like this.
I was brought up in a strict catholic western family. I went to catechism on Saturdays and church on Sundays. I was taught respect for our elders, women, teachers, police, property and everything and everyone in between. I was taught to say yes sir and yes mam, not only to our parents but to ANY adult that talked to you. I was taught to turn the other cheek and if that didn't work, well then, I could dish up an ass kicking, because I was not expected to receive one if I had acted accordingly. Chivalry was alive and well in our family and is alive and well with me, as I still practice all I was taught to this day. My two daughters were brought up the same way and I'm sure if they have children they will also be brought up the same way.
Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

motozeke
12-10-2014, 05:08 PM
I can agree generally with most of what is said here (Obama is the president of all of us, respect starts at home, don't antagonize the police) but I believe the truth that is being missed here is that it is hard for us to relate to, and fully appreciate, what it means to be black in this country and what it's like to be black and in the presence of the police. If you dismiss the rage built over decades of mistreatment and suspicion by the police because it doesn't fit in your experience, understand that it is not your experience. But it is the experience of millions of your fellow Americans. You might try listening more and judging less. That would be a start.

Steve 0080
12-10-2014, 05:25 PM
I hear you and agree...however ... it is a catch can...a few feel they can burn and steal when life does not go their way and the Police are sworn to protect and serve... the law will always win...because it has to!

There are plenty here who were not born with a silver spoon in their mouth... life is what you make of it. Having a bad start does not mean a bad end. Minorities have be given a hand up for 55 years and the majority seem to still long for the old days and not to rise above their station. You can not make people care or aspire to another level. Someone said it best, it starts at home... the numbers are very bad...

By Jason L. Riley - - Monday, July 21, 2014
(The following is excerpted from “Please Stop Helping Us” by Jason Riley. Copyright ©2014 by Jason Riley. Used by permission of Encounter Books. All rights reserved.)

In the summer of 2013, after neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman, a Hispanic, was acquitted in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager, the political left wanted to have a discussion about everything except the black crime rates that lead people to view young black males with suspicion. Presi*dent Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder wanted to talk about gun control. The NAACP wanted to talk about racial profiling. Assorted academics and MSNBC talking heads wanted to discuss poverty, “stand-your-ground” laws, unemployment and the supposedly racist criminal justice system. But any candid debate on race and criminality in the United States must begin with the fact that blacks are responsible for an astoundingly disproportionate number of crimes, which has been the case for at least the past half a century.

Crime began rising precipitously in the 1960s after the Supreme Court, under Chief Justice Earl Warren, started tilting the scales in favor of the criminals. Some 63 percent of respondents to a Gallup poll taken in 1968 judged the Warren Court, in place from 1953 to 1969, too lenient on crime; but Warren’s jurisprudence was sup*ported wholeheartedly by the liberal intellectuals of that era, as well as by politicians who wanted to shift blame for criminal behavior away from the criminals. Popular books of the time, like Karl Menninger’s “The Crime of Punishment,” argued that “law and order” was an “inflammatory” term with racial overtones. “What it really means,” said Menninger, “is that we should all go out and find the n–– and beat them up.”

The late William Stuntz, a Harvard law professor, addressed this history in his 2011 book, “The Collapse of American Criminal Justice.” “The lenient turn of the mid-twentieth century was, in part, the product of judges, prosecutors and politicians who saw criminal punishment as too harsh a remedy for ghetto violence,” wrote Mr. Stuntz. “The Supreme Court’s expansion of criminal defendants’ legal rights in the 1960s and after flowed from the Justices’ percep*tion that poor and black defendants were being victimized by a system run by white government officials. Even the rise of harsh drug laws was in large measure the product of reformers’ efforts to limit the awful costs illegal drug markets impose on poor city neighborhoods. Each of these changes flowed, in large measure, from the decisions of men who saw themselves as reformers. But their reforms showed an uncanny ability to take bad situations and make them worse.”

Crime rates rose by 139 percent during the 1960s, and the murder rate doubled. Cities couldn’t hire cops fast enough. “The number of police per 1,000 people was up twice the rate of the population growth, and yet clearance rates for crimes dropped 31 percent and conviction rates were down 6 percent,” wrote Lucas A. Powe Jr. in “The Warren Court and American Politics,” his history of the Warren Court. “During the last weeks of his [1968] presidential campaign, Nixon had a favorite line in his standard speech. ‘In the past 45 minutes this is what happened in America. There has been one murder, two rapes, forty-five major crimes of violence, countless robberies and auto thefts.’”

As remains the case today, blacks in the past were overrepre*sented among those arrested and imprisoned. In urban areas in 1967, blacks were 17 times more likely than whites to be arrested for robbery. In 1980 blacks comprised about one-eighth of the population but were half of all those arrested for murder, rape and robbery, according to FBI data. And they were between one-fourth and one-third of all those arrested for crimes such as burglary, auto theft and aggravated assault.

Today blacks are about 13 percent of the population and continue to be responsible for an inordinate amount of crime. Between 1976 and 2005 blacks com*mitted more than half of all murders in the United States. The black arrest rate for most offenses — including robbery, aggravated assault and property crimes — is still typically two to three times their representation in the population. Blacks as a group are also overrepresented among persons arrested for so-called white-collar crimes such as counterfeiting, fraud and embezzlement. And blaming this decades-long, well-documented trend on racist cops, prosecutors, judges, sentencing guidelines and drug laws doesn’t cut it as a plausible explanation.

“Even allowing for the existence of discrimination in the criminal justice system, the higher rates of crime among black Americans cannot be denied,” wrote James Q. Wilson and Richard Herrnstein in their classic 1985 study, “Crime and Human Nature.” “Every study of crime using official data shows blacks to be overrepresented among persons arrested, convicted, and imprisoned for street crimes.” This was true decades before the authors put it to paper, and it remains the case decades later.

“The overrepresentation of blacks among arrested persons persists throughout the criminal justice system,” wrote Wilson and Herrnstein. “Though prosecutors and judges may well make discriminatory judgments, such decisions do not account for more than a small fraction of the overrepresentation of blacks in prison.” Yet liberal policy makers and their allies in the press and the academy consistently downplay the empirical data on black crime rates, when they bother to discuss them at all. Stories about the racial makeup of prisons are commonplace; stories about the excessive amount of black criminality are much harder to come by.

“High rates of black violence in the late twentieth century are a matter of historical fact, not bigoted imagination,” wrote Mr. Stuntz. “The trends reached their peak not in the land of Jim Crow but in the more civilized North, and not in the age of segrega*tion but in the decades that saw the rise of civil rights for African Americans — and of African American control of city governments.” The left wants to blame these outcomes on racial animus and “the system,” but blacks have long been part of running that system. Black crime and incarceration rates spiked in the 1970s and ’80s in cities such as Baltimore, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Washington under black mayors and black police chiefs. Some of the most violent cities in the United States today are run by blacks.

Black people are not shooting each other at these alarming rates in Chicago and other urban areas because of our gun laws or our drug laws or a criminal justice system that has it in for them. The problem is primarily cultural — self-destructive behaviors and attitudes all too common among the black underclass. The problem is black criminal behavior, which is one manifestation of a black pathology that ultimately stems from the breakdown of the black family. Liberals want to talk about what others should do for blacks instead of what blacks should do for themselves. But if we don’t acknowledge the cultural barriers to black progress, how can we address them? How can you even begin to fix something that almost no one wants to talk about honestly?

Jason Riley is a member of the Wall Street Journal Editorial Board.

Limoles
12-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Crying , moralizing , creating wish lists , blaming others does nothing . Would be more beneficial to read more books ( especially history ), watch less TV , travel overseas , discover cultures of other nations and learn from all of it . Finding the way to avoid any destructive war , America could be recognized around the world as a friendlier country and never see burned or abused national flag . This is our responsibility to vote for a right people and make them accountable of their action . Everything positive will follow.
Do not forget - we have most beautiful Constitution , which we must cherish and protect ...

shooter
12-10-2014, 11:12 PM
Crying , moralizing , creating wish lists , blaming others does nothing . Would be more beneficial to read more books ( especially history ), watch less TV , travel overseas , discover cultures of other nations and learn from all of it . Finding the way to avoid any destructive war , America could be recognized around the world as a friendlier country and never see burned or abused national flag . This is our responsibility to vote for a right people and make them accountable of their action . Everything positive will follow.
Do not forget - we have most beautiful Constitution , which we must cherish and protect ...
Limoles I honestly mean no disrespect. You sound like a really nice guy. But nice guys finish last. You have your head in the sand. Nice guys have gotten us into this mess. Nobody has the cohones to say or do what needs to be done. Billy Graham can't help the situation because logic doesn't work. We need Seagal , Norris , and Arnold. Seriously buddy I'm not making fun of you. That's just how I feel.

shooter
12-10-2014, 11:25 PM
Steve , buddy that is some good shyt. Your speaking my language. You know some minorities are now 4 generations receiving a hand up and the hand stretches further into my pocket every year. I should be able to claim more dependents. No one give me anything. I'm a small business owner. Third generation. My Grandfather started the business in 1963. Its a fight every day. I live about 35 miles from Ferguson. They better keep the fight up in the city. They won't like it out here in redneck land. We arent politically correct and we shoot back. I'm sick of all the press on Ferguson. Mostly lies. The media actually had empathy for the rioters. I think about the innocent residents that pay their taxes and expect police protection. They can't get it. Our esteemed Governor has tied law enforcements hands. Its sickening.

Steve 0080
12-10-2014, 11:56 PM
Thanks Shooter!...interesting to hear from someone at ground zero as I was here in Sanford. The sad part is the people who had businesses there will not/can not rebuild so the folks who burned their stores will now have to travel to the next town. The only reason Sanford was spared was because it is almost OK for a 1/2 spanish -1/2 white to kill a black...had it been a white man, this city would have burned! When will the liberals stop approving of this behavior because of some issue 400 years ago...same was said today of the so called torture of prisoners by the USA. The logic here is what I can not understand... if just one of the do gooders had a member of their family taken and there was one who could tell where they where....NOTHING would stop them from getting the answer and I feel that would be a true statement by most,99.9% of us.

Limoles, I hear you...Maybe we should stop giving out a free army to every country in the world. Close our borders and protect only what is inside? You see, that cannot happen, nor will it. Because the same people who complain in this country about what we do are the same people who send us out/ask us to engage in war! It has always amazed me that society wants their police/military to be BoyScouts but at the same time stone killers and protectors of the faith. Sorry folks, you can't have it both ways...

Orlando PD put out a BOLO last week on the news...I almost laughed and fell off my chair...Be On the Look Out for a, Male, 5' 10" 200#, last seen wearing blue jeans and red shirt! That is how PC we have become !!!

Limoles
12-10-2014, 11:56 PM
Multiculturalism erodes culture in a complex of ways, thus contributing to its destruction, as do war and conquest, depletion of natural resources, religion, capitalism, materialism, chronic diseases, and other factors. But culture is destroyed irreversibly only by the radical attrition or extinction of the race whose culture it is. Race mixing is the great destroyer of races. Therefore, race mixing is also the great destroyer of culture, and is the lethal element in multiculturalism.
When the people who created a culture disappear, their culture goes with them. Superficial forms of some cultural elements such as religion - the husk of such cultural material, so to speak - may be adopted by another race, or by people of mixed race, but never the culture itself. Imitation is the best they can do. When the genius of a race is sufficiently adulterated, the race ceases to be creative, although the great works of the past may continue to be held up with pride, as if they are the works of the present. The deterioration of race tends to remain unrecognized as the cause of cultural deterioration.
For the few people who care deeply about the continuity of authentic culture, democracy ought to be seen as a disaster because it gives a voice and a vote to the great hoard of people to whom the higher manifestations of culture, invisible as they are to them, are of no value, although the matter is complicated by the fact that the sea of culturally and intellectually obtunded people of our society are more attributable to the class-defining social system which favors intelligence only when it is beneficially associated with money - which it worships - than any lack of native intelligence and talent distributed throughout the population. Continuously from the French revolution forward, the word democracy is little more than a fraud on the public, employed by scoundrels to fool the people into supporting them in their lust for power.
In regard to culture in the serious meaning of the term, quite obviously the single most devastatingly limitating feature of our society is its utter failure to invest in the mental and cultural development of our people. That fact is glaringly obvious proof that the privileged classes, those who control the application of social resources, are abysmally lacking in any regard whatsoever for those outside their moneyed circle. The awareness of this fact ought to be the starting point of all serious education. However, we have suffered this hideous societal deficit as far back as the mind of man reaches, the result of which is that almost no one is even faintly aware of it! This is one of the very strange facts of life.
As bad as things are now in respect to the matters outlined in the preceding paragraph, one can reasonably expect them to become infinitely worse if the masonic/talmudic/money elite achieve the global dictatorship they are in pursuit of.

Steve 0080
12-11-2014, 12:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2zyhOW-8Zcc

Steve 0080
12-11-2014, 12:37 AM
Limoles, what you describe is in fact the way it is, was and will continue to be...one factor touched on is instead of the "haves and have nots", I feel you have the people who "do" and those who "don't".....people who do get married, the people who foster many children and raise none, the people who do work and those who would rather live off another's efforts, the ones who do go to school/trade school and those who chose not to...and the list grows on and on. Furthermore, people of color have and have had a helping hand for 60 years and there has been no improvement other than furthering the divide.. The powers that be need to decide that this is not working and come up with another plan.... fully 52% have some of the same beliefs and still in 6 years it has only gotten worse.....

valkmc
12-16-2014, 12:28 PM
This is my response to all of those who do not even attempt to pull their own weight because they claim "life is not fair" to them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H-Y7MAASkg