PDA

View Full Version : Rush pipes

Bruce B
06-28-2013, 11:51 PM
I'm wondering about Rush pipes. I know that FlyinF has them installed and seems satisfied. Has anyone else gotten them, especially in the black. I'm wondering about fit, finish, and overall quality. Their site shows product but is really short on explanation. I don't see mention of black shields being available so that may be up to the individual. The site shows a selection of tips being available so there shouldn't be any unfinished appearance or sharp edge problem. Does anyone have any info at all on Rush? I want to check all the options before making a decision on whether to go with some good sounding black pipes or stay with the stockers.

bigdew
06-29-2013, 01:01 AM
I just won a set of Rush Pipes of Ebay for $150. Well when I got them today I opened them up and they were the black pipes. It was a 50/50 shot if I got chrome or black. Installed them today and they sound awesome. Very deep rumble with no backfire at all. Kinda has that Porsche exhaust sound to it. I still have to purchase end caps for the exhaust because the auction didn't come with them they are sold separate. Overall took about 30 mins to install. I did take the chrome shields off and got some VHT black Satin caliper paint and sprayed the chrome filler pieces. It took me more time lining up the tabs on the covers then installing the exhaust.
I am very happy with the pipes and do recommend them. I was holding out for the Cobras but could not pass up this deal.

yellowskeeter1
06-29-2013, 09:11 AM
I have a set on my f6b and had a set in my gold wing. Fit and finish is great, sound like stated above is like a 911 Carrera. I had my set chrome and took them and my heat shield to get ceramic coated black, but have seen the black from Rush and they look great. Peter from Bike MP3 runs a set as well.

Bruce B
06-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Much appreciated.

I have a further question re: the baffles. The website and online catalog don't say anything about the different size baffles that appear to be available. I'd guess that it has to do with sound level. Or not? Are baffles easily changed after instalation of the pipes or is it pretty much a permanent choice?

Thanks in advance for any clarity you can give me on the baffles.

Yeahoo Whoyah
06-30-2013, 12:59 AM
I just won a set of Rush Pipes of Ebay for $150
Wow! New in-the-box or used? Sounds like a great deal either way.

FlyinF
06-30-2013, 08:13 AM
Two baffles available 225 and 250.............225 abit tame and 250 nice and mellow but not loud, I have 250. They can be changed anytime. They say in time they get louder but can be wrapped to adjust sound..............that's what I have heard, don't know personally, just know I like 'em!

bigdew
06-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Yeahoo-They were brand new sealed in the box. I stayed on top of the auction and came up on top.

Bruce B
06-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Yeahoo-They were brand new sealed in the box. I stayed on top of the auction and came up on top.

Congrats on your big score. Can't beat a deal like that. I should pay a bit more attention to ebay. Got a killer deal there on my Mini Boards.

Bruce B
07-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Two baffles available 225 and 250.............225 abit tame and 250 nice and mellow but not loud, I have 250. They can be changed anytime. They say in time they get louder but can be wrapped to adjust sound..............that's what I have heard, don't know personally, just know I like 'em!

Thanks, that's just what I needed to know.

Another question, did you leave your shields chrome or did you go black with powder coat or whatever?

yellowskeeter1
07-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Don't powder coat, you need to go ceramic. Powder coat will not work, I tried it on my set. Too hot. Use jet coat or similar.