PDA

View Full Version : Corbin Seat

ff73148
06-29-2013, 09:37 AM
Just ordered my seat and it will take at least 2 weeks before I get it. The guy at Corbin who helped me told me that he has sold a few already. How about someone giving a review in the seat? Thanks.

F6B-RICH
06-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Just ordered my seat and it will take at least 2 weeks before I get it. The guy at Corbin who helped me told me that he has sold a few already. How about someone giving a review in the seat? Thanks.

I also ordered mine on 6/25 waiting for a review if someone has the seat already. :popcorn:

Fluegs
06-29-2013, 06:19 PM
I ordered mine about 4 weeks ago, and was told yesterday that it shipped in the morning. Hope to have it here in Illinois by Wednesday. The dealer is going to install it along with some other parts that he he gave me a "discount" on when I bought the bike. I will review it after I get some miles on it. I hope it feels as good as it looks on line!

MSGT-R
06-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Mine is there for the prototype work, but I haven't picked it up yet. I'll have it next weekend.

Cool Hand Luke
06-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Mine is there for the prototype work, but I haven't picked it up yet. I'll have it next weekend.

I'm VERY interested in smuggler version. Please put the pictures on as soon as you can. I have been following your progress so far. Mostly I ride solo so smuggler could be the way to go for me. Thanks.

BLACKBETTY12
06-29-2013, 10:39 PM

I rode mine today with new Corbin (about 200 miles) and absolutely love it. My wife hasn't got a chance to ride yet, but she likes the way the passenger backrest feels over the stock. (Sitting on it in the garage.) I also got quite a few compliments on the way it looks today! Very satisfied customer!

F6B-RICH
06-30-2013, 05:26 AM
I rode mine today with new Corbin (about 200 miles) and absolutely love it. My wife hasn't got a chance to ride yet, but she likes the way the passenger backrest feels over the stock. (Sitting on it in the garage.) I also got quite a few compliments on the way it looks today! Very satisfied customer!

Thanks for the update. Looks good :thumb: Can't wait to get mine.

F6B-RICH
06-30-2013, 05:32 AM

Hey BLACKBETTY12 with such a deep driver seat pocket(well from the pictures it looks deep) does the driver backrest help or not worth the money ?

ff73148
06-30-2013, 08:34 AM
Blackbetty12 did your riding position change with the Corbin?

BLACKBETTY12
06-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Hey BLACKBETTY12 with such a deep driver seat pocket(well from the pictures it looks deep) does the driver backrest help or not worth the money ?

I had to get a longer forward adjustment bolt for the rider backrest, but yes works very well. The backrest adjustment hardware comes with 4 different bolt lengths, but none of which seemed to work for my vertically challenged self! Not a big deal though, just had to get a longer bolt.

BLACKBETTY12
06-30-2013, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=ff73148;4280]Blackbetty12 did your riding position change with the Corbin?[/

Yes! I now feel like I sit down in the bike as opposed to sitting on top, if that makes sense. Like I said before, the seat is stiffer but very comfortable for me. I think is adds a very nice look to an already cool looking new wing!

Steve 0080
06-30-2013, 10:10 AM
OK...so your behind is comfy...so where are the pics???

BLACKBETTY12
06-30-2013, 10:13 AM
OK...so your behind is comfy...so where are the pics???

Steve...Please try to pay attention! See post #6

Steve 0080
06-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Well............I was hopin you could post a pic that I did not have to hurt my neck or stand on my head to see.........try this.....when you first download the pic go to adjust or something like that there will be an arrow pointing in a circle....push that button until the pic is straight and level...then hit load

BLACKBETTY12
06-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Well............I was hopin you could post a pic that I did not have to hurt my neck or stand on my head to see.........try this.....when you first download the pic go to adjust or something like that there will be an arrow pointing in a circle....push that button until the pic is straight and level...then hit load

Should I call you a Wambulance? "Hurt my neck"! Really? lol

I'll make sure my pics are right side up from now on. Sorry!

Mustangjake
06-30-2013, 11:05 AM
All my pictures are sideways don't know why !
Still pretty seat does it sit lower

MercuryF1
06-30-2013, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE=ff73148;4280]Blackbetty12 did your riding position change with the Corbin?[/

Yes! I now feel like I sit down in the bike as opposed to sitting on top, if that makes sense. Like I said before, the seat is stiffer but very comfortable for me. I think is adds a very nice look to an already cool looking new wing!

My main complaint about the standard F6b was : compared to the GL18, I felt very secure riding the GL18 and not the F6b because I felt I was sitting 'in' the GL18, rather than 'on' the F6b! I thought I was the only one feeling like that!

On the GL18, I could really feel the lower back support from the bucket seat. In standard from, it was perfect for me. On the F6B, I felt the backrest wasn't in contact with my lower back. Not only was it further away, it was sloping away from me!

I have a 30'' inseam.

Was the corbin tailor made to your specs? if so, can this be doe via email?

MSGT-R
06-30-2013, 12:21 PM
I supposed it could. They have an understanding how the seat fits with a couple of people at Corbin and they could adjust the fit before sending.. You should contact them and ask.

Steve 0080
06-30-2013, 01:40 PM
You do sit on top of a F6B...I had one inch of foam removed and added back one inch of softer foam so now I sit in my F6B...much better!!!

bobbyf6b
06-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Just pick up your monitor and put it on it's side. :icon_lol:

I had the same complaint. :shhh: