PDA

View Full Version : Honda short tinted F6B windshield

XHarley
12-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Looking for just a little taller windshield than the factory F6B and noticed that Honda has listed on their website a short tinted F6B windshield (0SR70-MJG-200 ) that looks to be a little taller than the stock windshield. The price is fair at around $117 plus shipping from several online Honda retailers. Has anyone tried this windshield and what was their impression.
Thanks,
X

F4 Customs
12-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Check out the shields from F4 Customs before you purchase.
Don

F6BPDX
12-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Don

The smallest shield listed on your sight is double the height he wants and 2.8x the price point he is looking at. While I understand you are a supporting vendor and are "allowed" to post about your product, this seems really spammy to me.

XHarley
12-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Don

Thanks Don and if you had a 9-11 inch tinted non-vented for around $125-150 I would certainly consider it.

Thanks,
X

XHarley
12-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Researched this some more and it is the same height as the stock F6B short windshield. Only difference is that it is tinted and has a F6B logo on the lower area. Not what I am looking for as it doesn't add any height.

VP8
12-15-2014, 01:56 PM
XHarley, yes, the Honda shorty are the same height as stock. If you are looking for a 9 or 11 inch windshield tinted, non vented....check out Cee Baileys. http://www.ceebaileys.com/honda/F6Bws.html

I have the dark tint 11' non vent and have been very happy with it. If you want it shorter, the 9" opaque black looks sweet.

Garnerj031875
12-15-2014, 03:24 PM
I am of shorter stature and I really like the height of the stock windshield. I would also like to find a short version (like the stock one) that is darkly tinted or even opaque. I have searched through the web and I haven't found one. I have even considered paying someone to take the stock screen off and tint it, but I am anxious that what I would get back would not look clean and crisp like I want. If anyone finds one, please let me know. Thank you!

53driver
12-15-2014, 06:39 PM
Garnerj,
My bike has a VERY tinted windscreen, same size as stock.
The emblem looked like little wings, but they were blue and red. The emblem has since been removed and I have no idea who makes it.

Steve 0080 saw it and actually told me who it was back in October - but that was a long time ago.
He may or may not remember.

Bottom line: they are out there....
Here's a pic....maybe someone else recognizes the marque.

XHarley
12-15-2014, 10:48 PM
I am of shorter stature and I really like the height of the stock windshield. I would also like to find a short version (like the stock one) that is darkly tinted or even opaque. I have searched through the web and I haven't found one. I have even considered paying someone to take the stock screen off and tint it, but I am anxious that what I would get back would not look clean and crisp like I want. If anyone finds one, please let me know. Thank you!

The Honda short tinted may be what you are looking for and it is a Honda product so the quality is probably good.
Honda East Toledo has them and it is Honda part number 0SR70-MJG-200

XHarley
12-15-2014, 10:58 PM
XHarley, yes, the Honda shorty are the same height as stock. If you are looking for a 9 or 11 inch windshield tinted, non vented....check out Cee Baileys. http://www.ceebaileys.com/honda/F6Bws.html

I have the dark tint 11' non vent and have been very happy with it. If you want it shorter, the 9" opaque black looks sweet.

That 11 inch shield looks really nice and does not spoil the overall look of the F6B. I think that I would have to opt for the light gray tint versus the dark gray because I have about a quarter mile of gravel road to ride to get back to my farm and at night going slow I really need to see close in front of me and I am afraid that the dark tint would make it difficult. What is your take on seeing through the tint at night?
Thanks,
X

VP8
12-16-2014, 12:15 AM
That 11 inch shield looks really nice and does not spoil the overall look of the F6B. I think that I would have to opt for the light gray tint versus the dark gray because I have about a quarter mile of gravel road to ride to get back to my farm and at night going slow I really need to see close in front of me and I am afraid that the dark tint would make it difficult. What is your take on seeing through the tint at night?
Thanks,
X

XHarley, I'm 5'9", approx. 31.5-32" inseam. With the 11" dark tint shield, I don't look through the shield, I clearly look over it. If you are that height or taller, if I were you, I'd stick with the dark tint...makes it look a lot nicer. I've had to ride in dirt/gravel at night before...but not like you where you have to do it daily. If I had to do that, I would just light up my high beams so I can see further on the road in front of me. If you go any taller than the 11" shield however, I would go with the light tint.