PDA

View Full Version : F6B VS Kawasaki.....

Massimo
12-11-2014, 06:50 PM
I learned recently that Honda America specifically asked to Honda Japan to put into production the F6B mainly to counter the Kawasaki, which have failed to do, the store F6B vs Kawa are 6 to 1 in favor of the Kawa, now let's see if with the adoption of the back and cruise will sell some units more.
Can you tell me something about it?

fxdl2051
12-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Those full faired Vulcans? Ugly ass bikes, I've only seen one-two on the street, ever.

bigbird
12-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Read this. It will likely answer all your questions:

http://www.ridermagazine.com/road-tests/comparo-2014-honda-gold-wing-f6b-vs-kawasaki-vulcan-vaquero-abs-se.htm/

Ericb445
12-11-2014, 07:19 PM
I had a Vaquero for a few years, traded it in on the B. I never looked back other then the cruise control is the only thing I miss.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/ericb445/IMG_0215-1_zps4b17fc7c.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ericb445/media/IMG_0215-1_zps4b17fc7c.jpg.html)

JackB
12-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Read this. It will likely answer all your questions:

http://www.ridermagazine.com/road-tests/comparo-2014-honda-gold-wing-f6b-vs-kawasaki-vulcan-vaquero-abs-se.htm/

I hate reading a cycle magazine were they put two bikes against each other and they never come up with a winner. :banghead: But we know which bike is the winner. :yes:

bigbird
12-11-2014, 07:50 PM
I hate reading a cycle magazine were they put two bikes against each other and they never come up with a winner. :banghead: But we know which bike is the winner. :yes:

There never can be a "winner" between an F6B and Vaquero. With two very different bikes offering two very different riding experiences, they are comparing apples to oranges and say so in the article.

As we F6B owners know, you can't really compare an F6B to anything else other than a GL1800, because there is nothing comparable in terms of engine design.

A Vaquero can be directly compared to an HD or any other large displacement V-twin.

Steve 0080
12-11-2014, 08:27 PM
There never can be a "winner" between an F6B and Vaquero. With two very different bikes offering two very different riding experiences, they are comparing apples to oranges and say so in the article.

As we F6B owners know, you can't really compare an F6B to anything else other than a GL1800, because there is nothing comparable in terms of engine design.

A Vaquero can be directly compared to an HD or any other large displacement V-twin.

+1 Excactly !!! And if I remember right the artical said the same thing !!!

Massimo
12-12-2014, 06:07 AM
Two motorcycles so different you can not compare. The Vaquero in europe is called Voyager, can be put in comparison with HD or other v-twin made in japan.
What I was told is that as a matter of price (With the money of the F6 in america you take the basic model of GL) Kawasaki sells much more.
In Italy we do not have the basic model of the GL. There is only the F6 and the new GL 40th.
Through unofficial dealer you can have the American models where you can choose the package and the price.

Elroy
12-12-2014, 09:38 AM
Prior to purchasing my 6, my ride was an '07 Vulcan Classic 1500. Test rode a Vaquero & the Nomad, before riding the 6. Did not like the Vaquero much at all, preferred my Classic to it. The fairing didn't seem very well thought out, and for whatever reason, the handling on it seemed sub-par (perhaps the design on the fairing was throwing me off). The Nomad was a fantastic bike. VERY plush seat, came stock with pass. backrest, cruise control, windshield, crash bars, floor boards. But I could've made my Classic into a Nomad without having to purchase an all new bike. The 6 just blew them all away.

I'm fortunate enough to still have my Classic. Will always vouch for Kawi's though, that bike gave me MILES of reliable service and fun. Fond memories, but the 6 is my 'hot new girlfriend' happygirl while the Kawi usually stays in the garage as the 'good 'ol childhood friend'.

Cheesyryder
12-12-2014, 10:00 AM
The F6 won me over!!

2bikemike
12-12-2014, 03:13 PM
I was looking real hard at a custom vaquero until I rode the F6. Just right as I wanted to get away from the Vtwin without going full touring.

SoCal Rich
12-15-2014, 11:32 PM
I had a Vaquero and I loved it. Then I rode the F6B. That was the end of my Vaquero. No comparison.

BBB
12-16-2014, 01:09 AM
When Kawasaki came out with Vaquero, I went to look at it at a local dealer. (I had 2010 Street Glide at the time)
I thought it looked too much like street glide (although the Vaquero has frame mounted fairing like a road glide)
and it looked kind of "cheap" around the top tree/ handlebar mounts....

On the other hand, I LOVE the look of F6B.

Like others have mentioned already, they (F6B and Vaquero) are not even in the same category....
Because f6's powertrain is so different from other so called baggers, I really don't think you can even compare F6 with any other baggers out there.

F6B, I think, is in the class of it's own, there really isn't a bike that's comparable to F6.....