PDA

View Full Version : Bang for the buck riding gear

fxdl2051
12-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Just bought these from Cycle Gear for ridiculously cheap and really like them. The pants on sale, cost $130 at 1/2 price. These actually fit my 29 inch inseam and tuck into my work boots easily. They are roomy, lots of stretch panels and fully articulated. They do have some fabric stretch panels and won't keep out the cold without a base layer and I understand are good into the spring temps (that would be early summer in Seattle, I'll let you know). The top is made by Freeze Out and only cost about $30 on sale, I wear it all the time under everything! It breaths, is comfortable and I've been wearing it on the f6 down to about 45-50 under my jacket without a liner. The sleeves also zip off in warmer weather.While these aren't finely crafted Italian racing leathers by any means, they fit, function and are super affordable so I wanted to share these with everyone. Just finding riding pants for a short guy like me was near impossible till I came across these and the price can't be beat when they have a sale and they're always having sales.

jimsol1
12-12-2014, 06:36 PM
sexy:icon_lol:

Steve 0080
12-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Very Nice !!!

fxdl2051
12-12-2014, 10:43 PM
sexy:icon_lol:

You're right, those old KZ's were very sexy motorcycles.

Kawi69
12-15-2014, 03:51 PM
What year is your KZ ?? I had a standard 1980 KZ 1000.
I rode that bike for 16 years great bike. Didn't owe me anything 'all/right'

Old Ryder
12-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Cycle Gear has a store 80 miles away in Raleigh and I own a ton of their stuff. Decent quality at a reasonable price. I have the gulet, sock, glove liners, FO jump suit, helmet liners and some Heat Out tee shirts. Their riding boots have a good price, too. I get everything except helmets and jackets from there.

fxdl2051
12-15-2014, 11:58 PM
What year is your KZ ?? I had a standard 1980 KZ 1000.
I rode that bike for 16 years great bike. Didn't owe me anything 'all/right'

It's a '79, 1st year they came out with shaft drive, 10k on the odometer and 30 years in storage, the OEM paint and chrome still in good shape. This year, I sort out the carbs and hope to have it ready for warm weather. I bought it thinking it would make a great tug for my old Vetter Terraplane, but it's too pretty to hang a side car off of. Has a great motor, handles good enough. always wanted one, just took awhile. Wish I had more garage, I love these old 70's scoots. Yes, those old Kaws have a reputation for bullet proof engines. I'd love to have a Z1R or MK2, but everyone wants those. Besides they sell for beaucoup bucks and mine only cost me $1400.