PDA

View Full Version : BikeMP3 Shark Lights or EC Single Shooter LED Lights

Hornblower
06-29-2013, 10:13 AM
Any opinions on which of these LED lower cowl lights are best? I'd really like to add lights in the lower cowl and I definitely want LED's versus halogen. I want something that will mount easily and light up the road right in front of the bike.

One year at Bike Week in Daytona, some wise guys removed a man hole cover and I ran through it at 55 mph. I didn't crash but the handlebars whipped so violently to the left that I hyper-extended the ligaments in my right elbow. Ever since then, I install low-mounted driving lights to see better right in front.

FlyinF
06-29-2013, 10:32 AM
Single Shooters are nice lights but pricey and there have been several reports of moisture in the lights due to bad gaskets and reports of failed OEM type switch (check out this site and Goldwing forum for reports).

Steve 0080
06-29-2013, 01:32 PM
I would only recomend going with yellow lights ...people see them better!!!

Yeahoo Whoyah
06-30-2013, 12:53 AM
I would only recomend going with yellow lights ...people see them better!!!

Good advice, especially for the lower cowl mount location Hornblower mentioned. Best position for "seeing down the road" would be higher up on the bike, under the mirror housings. That way the light will have the best angle to provide the extended view you're after. This very subject was discussed today in Auburn during our "what have you done to your bike" chat with Miles and the Sacramento area F6B riders. So best of both worlds would be to mount high output driving lights under the mirrors, and high vis yellow lights down in the cowl. To finish up the lighting upgrade convert the stock headlights to HID.

Hornblower
06-30-2013, 11:33 AM
I went ahead and ordered the Shark lights. I don't know if I have the option of making those yellow or not. At any rate, I'll report back once I get them mounted and tested.

4DI2D
07-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Good advice, especially for the lower cowl mount location Hornblower mentioned. Best position for "seeing down the road" would be higher up on the bike, under the mirror housings. That way the light will have the best angle to provide the extended view you're after. This very subject was discussed today in Auburn during our "what have you done to your bike" chat with Miles and the Sacramento area F6B riders. So best of both worlds would be to mount high output driving lights under the mirrors, and high vis yellow lights down in the cowl. To finish up the lighting upgrade convert the stock headlights to HID.

I would be careful how high the lights are mounted (CVC says ???) Sacto Chips can get a bad attitude real fast.

Hornblower
07-19-2013, 12:03 PM
I cancelled my order for the Shark Lights at Wingstuff due to the back-order situation. Supposedly, these and the 960's were both back-ordered until late this month. In the meantime, I decided to rethink this and place a new order somewhere for something. I definitely want LED's in the lower cowl and I'm still trying to figure out what the best option is right now.

Pedro66
07-19-2013, 03:39 PM
I cancelled my order for the Shark Lights at Wingstuff due to the back-order situation. Supposedly, these and the 960's were both back-ordered until late this month. In the meantime, I decided to rethink this and place a new order somewhere for something. I definitely want LED's in the lower cowl and I'm still trying to figure out what the best option is right now.

We have Sharks on the shelf and also 960s Wingstuff will have them next week also

Plus we can do yellow at a small charge

Hornblower
07-19-2013, 04:08 PM
We have Sharks on the shelf and also 960s Wingstuff will have them next week also

Plus we can do yellow at a small charge

Thanks, Pete! I went ahead and ordered the 960's direct from your site. The freight was a bit steep but at least you have them in stock and can ship immediately.

edgeman55
07-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks, Pete! I went ahead and ordered the 960's direct from your site. The freight was a bit steep but at least you have them in stock and can ship immediately.

Been looking hard at getting the 960's.Could you post your thoughts on them after install and help push me to pulling out the Visa and pullin the trigger:icon_lol:All kidding aside i really would like your review of these as there are not a lot out there.Thanks.

Hornblower
07-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Been looking hard at getting the 960's.Could you post your thoughts on them after install and help push me to pulling out the Visa and pullin the trigger:icon_lol:All kidding aside i really would like your review of these as there are not a lot out there.Thanks.

I'll do that. It will probably be toward the end of next week.

edgeman55
07-21-2013, 07:41 PM
I'll do that. It will probably be toward the end of next week.

Thanks look forward to your review and thoughts.

RoughRider
07-21-2013, 07:47 PM
How do the 960's hold up? Anyone know or have read reviews?

Pedro66
07-21-2013, 09:10 PM
How do the 960's hold up? Anyone know or have read reviews?

go look on the GL1800 boards there are loads of reviews

RoughRider
07-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Read a few reviews. Looks good to me. Are they OEM lights? And has anyone had any trouble putting them on the F6? Another question, is how dependable are they? Love to order them because my bike is at the dealer for a couple of weeks adding things.