PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar risers

opas ride
12-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Noticed a lot of MBL risers for sale lately on the board and just curious as to why?...I don't have any yet and might install a pair next spring. Do not want to spend big bucks for Heli-bars as I don't ride very far these days..Opinions welcome on any differences between the Kury's, MBL's, and Rocky's risers....Pros-cons, so to speak, from those that may have used any of them....Thanks..I think would like the bars back just a little and perhaps a touch higher....

XKnight
12-13-2014, 12:27 PM
I upgraded to Heli bars so sold the MBL risers. They worked, but not well enough to completely ease my back pain. For the low price I decided to try them first hoping they would solve my back pain issues, but ended up having to splurge for the Helibars and am very glad I did.

Hornblower
12-13-2014, 12:53 PM
I upgraded to Heli bars so sold the MBL risers. They worked, but not well enough to completely ease my back pain. For the low price I decided to try them first hoping they would solve my back pain issues, but ended up having to splurge for the Helibars and am very glad I did.

:icon_ditto: This was pretty much my story as well. If all you need is some "up" and some "back", the MBL's might do the trick. If you want some "up" and "back" and some width adjustment, maybe Rocky's Risers will suit. OTOH, if you want the ulitmate in quality and adjustability, the HeliBars rock! It's one of those "get what you pay for" things :money1:

BIGLRY
12-13-2014, 01:20 PM
:icon_ditto: This was pretty much my story as well. If all you need is some "up" and some "back", the MBL's might do the trick. If you want some "up" and "back" and some width adjustment, maybe Rocky's Risers will suit. OTOH, if you want the ulitmate in quality and adjustability, the HeliBars rock! It's one of those "get what you pay for" things :money1:
+1 :301:

53driver
12-13-2014, 01:30 PM
I need just a "wee bit" of push to the rear.
I have ridden 4500 miles without it since late August, and probably don't need it for any pain management, but for the forum members' and the great deal, I have to try it and just see how it feels.
I did have a shoulder surgery a few years back and I have 2 herniated discs which I have learned to basically ignore, but the more vertical I can keep my spine, the better off I am.
We'll see how it works!

Steve 0080
12-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Noticed a lot of MBL risers for sale lately on the board and just curious as to why?...I don't have any yet and might install a pair next spring. Do not want to spend big bucks for Heli-bars as I don't ride very far these days..Opinions welcome on any differences between the Kury's, MBL's, and Rocky's risers....Pros-cons, so to speak, from those that may have used any of them....Thanks..I think would like the bars back just a little and perhaps a touch higher....

You did notice they were all snapped up !!!!!

opas ride
12-13-2014, 04:44 PM
You did notice they were all snapped up !!!!!

Yes I did Steve and thanks, but the fact that some bought them right away, did not really answer my questions???...I am not faulting any particular brand as I have zero experience with risers, just not really sure I want or need them....Regards...

Jimmytee
12-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Along with the Cruise control, Helibars should be stock on these bikes. I know I'm not the only one who tried risers first and ultimately bought the Helibars to cure the upper back/shoulder pain.

opas ride
12-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the input on the riser questions....Appreciated and I will decide next spring....

smokinjoe187
12-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the input on the riser questions....Appreciated and I will decide next spring....

should have a set for sale next week my self
decieded since we cant find out any info on the apes install for our bike
thats the next step!should be here monday

53driver
12-13-2014, 10:46 PM
should have a set for sale next week my self
decieded since we cant find out any info on the apes install for our bike
thats the next step!should be here monday

Awesome Joe! Looking forward to seeing your interpretation!