PDA

View Full Version : 12 Volt Accessory Socket

bob109
06-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Purchased a Socket Kit P/N 08U55-MCA-101 from my local Honda Dealer. Price with tax was $35.20 which included a $2.00 discount. It arrived yesterday so I spent 30 minutes and installed it per the instructions which were include in the kit. It is a plug-and-play setup with the proper plastic wire connector. After removing the cubby and drilling the 30mm hole you insert the plug, hand tighten the supplied nut and make the electrical connection. Re-install the cubby hole and your done. The plug is rated at 35W with a in-line 3 amp fuse. Great for charging my cell phone etc.

Honda has a identical plug with a different P/N for the F6B and it list in the $70.00 range:shock: Don't waste you money:icon_wink: The Goldwing GL1800 plug works fine at half the cost and it OEM Honda:icon_biggrin:

GiddyupF6B
06-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Purchased a Socket Kit P/N 08U55-MCA-101 from my local Honda Dealer. Price with tax was $35.20 which included a $2.00 discount. It arrived yesterday so I spent 30 minutes and installed it per the instructions which were include in the kit. It is a plug-and-play setup with the proper plastic wire connector. After removing the cubby and drilling the 30mm hole you insert the plug, hand tighten the supplied nut and make the electrical connection. Re-install the cubby hole and your done. The plug is rated at 35W with a in-line 3 amp fuse. Great for charging my cell phone etc.

Honda has a identical plug with a different P/N for the F6B and it list in the $70.00 range:shock: Don't waste you money:icon_wink: The Goldwing GL1800 plug works fine at half the cost and it OEM Honda:icon_biggrin:

When I saw the $70 one on EBay I laughed! The $35 Honda one is a rip off too just not as bad. I bought the Show Chrome 12 volt adapter for $11 and it's plug and play as well. Pretty much the same adapter without the price or the name Honda. I'm all for Oem when necessary but some mark ups like this one are ridiculous!

Steve 0080
06-29-2013, 05:03 PM
http://www.electricalconnection.com/power-distribution/pplug.htm