PDA

View Full Version : GREMLIN / GUARDIAN BELLS

F6B-RICH
06-30-2013, 06:15 AM
Does anyone have one on there F6B? This will be bike #4 and never had a bell.Do you believe in having a bell or is it just a superstitous story? :iduno:

chipmaker
06-30-2013, 06:33 AM
I thought that was just for Harleys? - Although, I have had 3 HDs and no bells...

TennX
06-30-2013, 06:51 AM
Ive had one on my 06 1300R since new, I dont know if I believe in em, but Ive had plenty of close calls(cagers) and the bike has been flawless.....on another forum we have a pay it forward someone sends you a bell and then you send one on down the line...supposedly it only works if your given a bell...good luck

GiddyupF6B
06-30-2013, 07:21 AM
I've had one on every bike I've owned so far. I have a new one in the mail for the F6 right now. I nick named my bike "Darth" so I found a Darth Vader Helmet pendant. Rule of thumb is don't buy it for yourself, it only works if it's a gift. My friends and I all buy them for each other when we get new bikes. Not sure if they work or if people believe they do. For me I can get behind the fact that I've had good luck so far on all my street bikes and maybe the bell helped out, who knows????? :iduno:

Yeahoo Whoyah
06-30-2013, 07:22 AM
Does anyone have one on there F6B?
Yes, when we were checking out Miles bike at the CJMC event in Auburn I noticed a bell on the right engine guard.

supposedly it only works if your given a bell
So the story goes.

To amplify the positive influence of the bell consider wearing bright colored protective riding gear, instal hi-viz lightning, a headlight modulator, paint the bike yellow or international orange, avoid drugs and alcohol, etc. etc. etc.
:nono:

Phantom
06-30-2013, 08:09 AM
To amplify the positive influence of the bell consider wearing bright colored protective riding gear, instal hi-viz lightning, a headlight modulator, paint the bike yellow or international orange, avoid drugs and alcohol, etc. etc. etc.
:nono:

Thanks for the laugh :icon_wink::yes:

F6B-RICH
06-30-2013, 08:43 AM
Ive had one on my 06 1300R since new, I dont know if I believe in em, but Ive had plenty of close calls(cagers) and the bike has been flawless.....on another forum we have a pay it forward someone sends you a bell and then you send one on down the line...supposedly it only works if your given a bell...good luck

Thats what I was looking to do pay it forward or something like that.If someone has no bell like me let me know we can buy a bell for each other. Would have to ship it to each other so let me know on this forum or a private message if anyone is interested.

glryder98
06-30-2013, 07:40 PM
I have a bell on my bike. My sister got it for me after I hit and killed a bear with my Goldwing. She figured this might keep me safe591

MichaelG
07-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Yes, when we were checking out Miles bike at the CJMC event in Auburn I noticed a bell on the right engine guard.

So the story goes.

Gee, thanks for ratting me out...before I could admit to it myself.:icon_rolleyes:

Yes, I do have Ride Bells on every bike I own. I have done this for over 40 years, and I do it more for the old-fashioned heritage of it, than to stop any gremlins that might get close to my bike, unless...I am very hungry, and gremlin is on the menu.

All of my wife's bikes have Ride Bells too.

And yes...it is something that MUST be given to you. You CANNOT go buy one for yourself.

Texas TC
07-01-2013, 05:03 PM
I don't know guys. I have had 20 or so motorcycles including 10 Harleys in the past 50 years of riding and never owned a bell. I did have one serious accident about ten years ago, still saw no need for a bell.

I knew a husband and wife team during my Harley years who both mounted bells just below the tripple trees of their Road Kings. First big dip they hit put matching dents in their front fenders. I guess the luck of the bell took a vacation day during that ride. LOL.

MichaelG
07-01-2013, 07:28 PM
I knew a husband and wife team during my Harley years who both mounted bells just below the tripple trees of their Road Kings. First big dip they hit put matching dents in their front fenders. I guess the luck of the bell took a vacation day during that ride. LOL.

I would have to say...whomever mounted the Ride Bells below the Triple Trees was a "dumb bell". Most people mount them on a front engine guard, down low, so that it scares the beejeebies out of the gremlins on the road.

gamersince1976
07-01-2013, 11:42 PM
I had a bell on the Valkyrie when I bought it (and was taught about them by the guy who sold me the bike). He was nice enough to leave it attached when he sold it, so I did the same when I sold it.

So, no bell on the F6B.

bobbyf6b
07-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Here's mine, transferred it from the old bike. I never had one til I had a Harley. I think they need all the good mojo they can get.

It's on the front axle, not many places to put it. It's "supposed to be" out front and as low as possible, to confuse the road gremlins so they don't mess with your engine or bike. :pop:

srt8-in-largo
07-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Does anybody seriously believe in these things?

bobbyf6b
07-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Does anybody seriously believe in these things?

:shhh:

CheckpointChcky
07-08-2014, 09:27 PM
No ding-a-lings here......or bells either.

unsub
07-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Does anyone have one on there F6B? This will be bike #4 and never had a bell.Do you believe in having a bell or is it just a superstitous story? :iduno:

Well, I guess since you're asking. No, utter pure nonsense. Can't believe anyone would be so foolish.:tomatohit:

Scotrod
07-08-2014, 09:33 PM
The Wife needs one big enough to scare dogs away,,, :shrug:

bobbyf6b
07-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Well, I guess since you're asking. No, utter pure nonsense. Can't believe anyone would be so foolish.:tomatohit:

Some folks believe in Bigfoot, Aliens and God. Road Gremlins shouldn't get any less respect. :icon_mrgreen:

srt8-in-largo
07-08-2014, 09:57 PM
:icon_biggrin:

They do look cool on the bike though.

F6B-RICH
07-08-2014, 11:50 PM
WOW a year later someone digs up my old thread.What is the world coming to .batman-smilie.

smokinjoe187
07-09-2014, 01:15 AM
so...i pulled the bell off my harley figuring to transfer it to my f6b
i attached it to the front of my belly pan....first speed bump...its a gonner

GNW
07-09-2014, 05:33 AM
I style one in the left fairing compartment because I haven't figured out where to put it on the F6 yet. My daughter got it for me, so there ya go ! It was my first accessory ! Do I believe in the bell? Well, I really don't but I love my daughter ! Probably find a place for it to hang, if and when I go Darkside !

SmallPasture
07-09-2014, 07:23 AM
Here's mine, transferred it from the old bike. I never had one til I had a Harley. I think they need all the good mojo they can get.

It's on the front axle, not many places to put it. It's "supposed to be" out front and as low as possible, to confuse the road gremlins so they don't mess with your engine or bike. :pop:

+1 ^^^

F6B-RICH
07-09-2014, 08:35 AM
I style one in the left fairing compartment because I haven't figured out where to put it on the F6 yet. My daughter got it for me, so there ya go ! It was my first accessory ! Do I believe in the bell? Well, I really don't but I love my daughter ! Probably find a place for it to hang, if and when I go Darkside !

This is where I have mine hanging .batman-smilie.

Navvet
07-09-2014, 09:25 AM
No, don't beleive in deer whistles either ..... but they're the first thing I install on all vehicles.:shock:

BubbaJePH
07-09-2014, 07:47 PM
I have a bell at each handle bar on my bike. You are not to buy them for yourself. I do not believe in their 'Good Luck' My faith is in Jesus Christ for GOD knows when and where is my time.

Darren
07-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Anything that requires belief or faith is not worth the effort

unsub
07-09-2014, 08:38 PM

+1:cheers:

Fla_rider
07-09-2014, 09:30 PM
I have a bell on my bike. My sister got it for me after I hit and killed a bear with my Goldwing. She figured this might keep me safe918

Serious, you leaving us hanging! Where' she story! Or a pic. Of the heAd mount?:yikes:

Scotrod
07-09-2014, 09:38 PM
:stirthepot: No such thing as Gremlins,,, but if ya owned an HD, you'd probably swear there was!! :crackup:

Hornblower
07-10-2014, 06:33 AM

Sorry to break it to you and unsub but everyone has faith...either faith that God is who He says He is and is ultimately in control of all or faith that there is no God. My faith is in the God of the Bible and His Son, Jesus Christ.

Darren
07-10-2014, 07:13 AM
Sorry to break it to you and unsub but everyone has faith...either faith that God is who He says He is and is ultimately in control of all or faith that there is no God. My faith is in the God of the Bible and His Son, Jesus Christ.

Sorry to correct you but faith is not required to examine the lack of evidence for something's existence and conclude something is unlikely to exist. I say unlikely because it is impossible to prove the non -existence of something. You don't need faith to conclude that Santa is not real.

Phantom
07-10-2014, 07:43 AM
Sorry to correct you but faith is not required to examine the lack of evidence for something's existence and conclude something is unlikely to exist. I say unlikely because it is impossible to prove the non -existence of something. You don't need faith to conclude that Santa is not real.

I suggest that these types of comments be kept out of posts in the General Message section. My suggestion is that a thread be created in the "Off-Topic" to argue your beliefs or prove your point. No need to Hijack a thread, a simple answer ... I don't believe in Gremlin Bells would have been a more suitable reply in this thread. I value everyones input however there is a place and time for certain arguments, the General Message is not the place for the above discussion. Thank You for understanding
:cheers:

Darren
07-10-2014, 07:50 AM
I suggest that these types of comments be kept out of posts in the General Message section. My suggestion is that a thread be created in the "Off-Topic" to argue your beliefs or prove your point. No need to Hijack a thread, a simple answer ... I don't believe in Gremlin Bells would have been a more suitable reply in this thread. I value everyones input however there is a place and time for certain arguments, the General Message is not the place for the above discussion. Thank You for understanding
:cheers:

I will certainly take your suggestion under advisement and apologize, even though rather than a comment on the topic, it was a response to a direct quote questioning my position on the topic.

Scotrod
07-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Bells,,,

I've never rode with one, but the wife has,,, Each of us has had our spills, so I'm not seeing any real 'return on investment',,, other than the wife 'like's it'. :shrug:

Hey,,, Where do we send in the bells that were on bikes that went down? Wifey musta got a defective one,,, :crackup:

F6BLK
07-10-2014, 11:03 AM
since I've got this bike I've had more deer coyotes woodchucks squirrels dogs cross in front of me or jump out on the road... came home the other night 2 a.m. From work and there was a deer standing in the middle of the road like it was waiting for something!!somebody please send me a bell!!

SCMike
07-10-2014, 02:50 PM
since I've got this bike I've had more deer coyotes woodchucks squirrels dogs cross in front of me or jump out on the road... came home the other night 2 a.m. From work and there was a deer standing in the middle of the road like it was waiting for something!!somebody please send me a bell!!

I don't believe in bells, but I do believe in deer whistles. I used to see a lot of animals cross in front of me, especially at night. Once I added the deer whistles, I don't see them anymore. I know it's anecdotal, but I think they work, so I put them on all my vehicles.

Darren
07-10-2014, 06:07 PM

Your obviously not playing the stereo loud enough

motoman
07-10-2014, 06:13 PM
It's a really dumb thing to hang on a high-tech bike like the F6B. :no:

ABS brakes would be a LOT more useful...

Wild Bill
07-10-2014, 07:41 PM
I have a bell at each handle bar on my bike. You are not to buy them for yourself. I do not believe in their 'Good Luck' My faith is in Jesus Christ for GOD knows when and where is my time.

I don't have a bell But Im with ya. Had a Christian motorcycle crew bless my bike.Got a sticker on windshield."Bless in 2013"

Wild Bill
07-10-2014, 07:44 PM

I will second this with an AMEN!!

Ebony Deluxe
07-11-2014, 10:46 AM
I will second this with an AMEN!!

I'm with ya, amen. You got to stand up for what you believe in. Don't ride faster than your angels can fly.

F6B-RICH
07-11-2014, 11:44 AM
It's a really dumb thing to hang on a high-tech bike like the F6B. :no:

ABS brakes would be a LOT more useful...

I guess I am new to a Goldwing but what are all the high-tech things on my F6B to make it a high-tech bike?????? .batman-smilie.

austin_tech
07-11-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm with ya, amen. You got to stand up for what you believe in. Don't ride faster than your angels can fly.

I'm in on that Amen, and well said by Hornblower.

Darren
07-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Still can't believe that anyone would give this any kind of credence.

Scotrod
07-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Still can't believe that anyone would give this any kind of credence.

The (non-threatening) belief's of others really don't matter that much to me. :shrug: Lotsa folks believe in lotsa things.

Some belief's, like the 'bell', are probably as much of a 'tradition/habit' as they are any kind of true belief. :icon_wink:

bobbyf6b
07-11-2014, 04:02 PM
One of my favorite sayings

unsub
07-11-2014, 07:37 PM

No need to apologize. You are free to do or say as you please. It's what makes our country great and it's what we've fought for. I will defend your right to believe in what you want.:yes:

motoman
07-11-2014, 10:07 PM
I guess I am new to a Goldwing but what are all the high-tech things on my F6B to make it a high-tech bike?????? .batman-smilie.

Really?? :banghead:

hang out around here and read some posts...you might learn something....!

F6B-RICH
07-12-2014, 12:07 AM
Really?? :banghead:

hang out around here and read some posts...you might learn something....!

Been a member and owned the F6B for over a year now.Tell me all the high tech stuff on my bike??? .batman-smilie.

Scotrod
07-12-2014, 08:16 AM
Been a member and owned the F6B for over a year now.Tell me all the high tech stuff on my bike??? .batman-smilie.

It's hidden under the Tupperware! :icon_biggrin:

F6B-RICH
07-12-2014, 10:21 AM
It's hidden under the Tupperware! :icon_biggrin:

I just thought it was funny as this is only my 4th motorcycle and I see nothing on the F6 that my first bike a 2004 had.I see my F6 as old school as it is leaking oil like the old Harleys use to do :icon_biggrin: .batman-smilie.

unsub
07-12-2014, 06:18 PM
I see my F6 as old school as it is leaking oil like the old Harleys use to do :icon_biggrin: .batman-smilie.

:icon_rolleyes:

I kinda want to call BS on this, but I have to ask where pray tell, is it leaking? Did I miss your post in another area about a leak?

smokinjoe187
07-12-2014, 06:38 PM
oh holy crap did this post get hijacked!!
oil leaks???goldwing???
can I get an amen??

lots of people died so we can enjoy all this freedom
to believe what we believe,and to be able to express it
just saying...
rubber side down fellas

F6B-RICH
07-13-2014, 12:10 AM
:icon_rolleyes:

I kinda want to call BS on this, but I have to ask where pray tell, is it leaking? Did I miss your post in another area about a leak?

Left side.Maybe valve cover.When I ride oil goes on all the side covers by your foot.I have a appt Wednesday to drop it off .batman-smilie.

Darren
07-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Made an interesting observation this weekend. I attended a charity poker run and most of the bikes were HD with a few metrics scattered here and there. Almost every HD had a bell, but only 1 metric had one. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

SmallPasture
07-14-2014, 12:36 PM
oh holy crap did this post get hijacked!!
oil leaks???goldwing???
can I get an amen??

lots of people died so we can enjoy all this freedom
to believe what we believe,and to be able to express it
just saying...
rubber side down fellas:yes:

Amen Brother, Amen!!!

Scotrod
07-14-2014, 12:44 PM
Made an interesting observation this weekend. I attended a charity poker run and most of the bikes were HD with a few metrics scattered here and there. Almost every HD had a bell, but only 1 metric had one. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Some riders/bikes need all the help they can get!!! :crackup:

F6B-RICH
07-14-2014, 02:18 PM
If my bell would have stopped my oil leak then I would be a real believer .batman-smilie.

Darren
07-14-2014, 02:20 PM
If my bell would have stopped my oil leak then I would be a real believer .batman-smilie.

if you turn it the other way up it might catch the oil

F6B-RICH
07-14-2014, 02:20 PM

With my bell and oil leak I would have really been at home with the Harley's :icon_biggrin:.batman-smilie.

BEIST
01-27-2016, 04:59 AM

Just bought my younger brother a gremlin bell for his new Harley CVO Street Glide.

fxdl2051
01-31-2016, 02:57 AM
Guess I'd go for broke and get a nice talisman, maybe a planetary sigil or spell of protection, some St Johns rot or a little valerian rot, nothing too superstitious.

SimonTemplar
01-31-2016, 03:07 AM
With the luck I've had over the 40-odd years I've been riding, this is the bell I have.....

I just tie a rope on it and drag it along behind me!

....sT

choptop
01-31-2016, 08:12 AM
One of the guys bought me one on our Yellowstone trip last year. Didn't know someone else needed to but it. Safe so far !

Retired Army
01-31-2016, 10:25 AM
I replaced my bell with a cell phone jammer.

GHOSTRACER
01-31-2016, 11:21 AM
More of a tradition than anything. The wife and I have always bought them for each other.