PDA

View Full Version : Russell Day Long motorcycle seat

stepbill
12-15-2014, 07:45 PM
Just placed my order for the Day Long motorcycle seat today. Production date is now into February. I had the Day Long on my VTX 1300R and really loved it. Never had a butt issue. Decided to try the Mustang seat on the F6B and it was just too hard but looked fantastic. To me there isn't a better looking motorcycle seat than the Mustang for the F6B but I wanted to ride the bike, not just look at it. The stock seat with either the airhawk or beads still does not make it as comfortable as the Day Long. The Day Long has wings on it that spreads your butt a little :shhh:, taking the weight off of the center of your butt and spreading it out if that makes sense. Can't wait for February to get here! Kim was great to work with.

1951vbs
12-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Good choice! A few forum members have them, Scotrod, Mrs. Scotrod and Hook for sure.
Not as pretty as a Mustang but my butt doesn't complain at the end of a day.:icon_biggrin:

stepbill
12-15-2014, 08:47 PM
Good choice! A few forum members have them, Scotrod, Mrs. Scotrod and Hook for sure.
Not as pretty as a Mustang but my butt doesn't complain at the end of a day.:icon_biggrin:

Why did you decide to go without the drivers backrest?

1951vbs
12-15-2014, 09:35 PM
Why did you decide to go without the drivers backrest?

Because of the height of the passenger section, the seat offers a lot of lower back support as is. I also think backrests ruin the "looks". Just like I think taller than stock shields ruin the looks.

cosborn
12-15-2014, 10:26 PM
I think it's a good looking seat

Chris

hiflyer
12-15-2014, 10:46 PM
The Day Long has wings on it that spreads your butt a little :shhh:, taking the weight off of the center of your butt and spreading it out if that makes sense. .

Let me help you explain it. You believe sitting on the stock seat is like sitting on the first pic., and the Russell is like the second.

fxdl2051
12-16-2014, 01:18 AM

OMG, you've got an Old Norton in the garage, tres Cool!

stepbill
12-16-2014, 08:27 AM
Let me help you explain it. You believe sitting on the stock seat is like sitting on the first pic., and the Russell is like the second.

Thought I was going to spit my coffee out laughing!

1951vbs
12-16-2014, 08:43 PM
OMG, you've got an Old Norton in the garage, tres Cool!

Total threadjack:
1970 Norton Commando kinda cafe' with clubman bars, wrapped pipes and gunfighter seat.

1951vbs
12-16-2014, 08:47 PM
And....back to Russell...here a couple of others I had done (all super comfy) there is a reason they are always a couple months behind: