PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Speed Chip so my F6B will do atLeast 150mph

fl1madmax
12-16-2014, 12:48 PM
has any body do any research to by pass the 125mph Chip ?????

bigbird
12-16-2014, 12:55 PM
has any body do any research to by pass the 125mph Chip ?????

Guhl Motors will reprogram (flash) your ECM to eliminate the top speed limit as well as add power to your engine. There's a thread here:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4407-Gulh-Motors-ECU-reflash

opas ride
12-16-2014, 02:39 PM
Why???

XKnight
12-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Why???

Some people enjoy going really fast, especially on a track/controlled environment.

opas ride
12-16-2014, 04:20 PM
Thats okay for some and I too love going fast at times...but only once in a while...Under strict track conditions, or on a closed airport runway, is the only place someone "should" be going any faster than the F6B will go...Otherwise a rider on a public highway, or back road, puts others in danger and that is very risky and dangerous to all...JMHO

motoman
12-16-2014, 07:13 PM
I would be reluctant to go over 125 on the F6B with its bags and very large fairing... I think you're just fighting wind resistance over that....You might get some front end lift!

If you want to go fast, just go out and get one of any number of crotch rockets, including Hayabusa, ZX-14, maybe a VFR1200 or a Literbike. You can pick up used ones pretty cheap. Then when you have a bike that is only limited to 186mph, which is easily defeated by Ivan's TRE, let's see how brave you are. :lolup:

shooter
12-16-2014, 09:20 PM
Opas I hate it when someone tries to put limits on me. I prefer to limit myself. Cause I know my limits. Whats the diff between 125 and 150? I can tell you , just a little more crazy. I hate seatbelt laws , yet I always wear one. See what I mean? 125 will kill you just as fast as 150. I paid for the bike. If it is capable of 150 then I want to be able to use that capability. I could have bought a Rebel. No I wanted the Big Dog. We have too many restrictions in our lives. Restrictions set up by our government. You know , the one by the people and for the people. Yeah right. He may find out that the B wont run 150. Lot of wind resistance at that speed. I believe he should be able to try it if he can find a suitable spot. Just my 2 cents. Live and Let Live.

Phantom
12-16-2014, 10:11 PM
I hate seatbelt laws , yet I always wear one.

I bet this guy was glad to have used his seatbelt :shock:
Darn car tires .... you guys with CT's on your rear wheels take note "crashnburn" :stirthepot: .... :icon_mrgreen:

chipmaker
12-16-2014, 11:03 PM
I loved my 2000 Hayabusa, triple digits daily!!! I'm passed that now.

Ridlikhel
12-16-2014, 11:09 PM
Opas I hate it when someone tries to put limits on me. I prefer to limit myself. Cause I know my limits. Whats the diff between 125 and 150? I can tell you , just a little more crazy. I hate seatbelt laws , yet I always wear one. See what I mean? 125 will kill you just as fast as 150. I paid for the bike. If it is capable of 150 then I want to be able to use that capability. I could have bought a Rebel. No I wanted the Big Dog. We have too many restrictions in our lives. Restrictions set up by our government. You know , the one by the people and for the people. Yeah right. He may find out that the B wont run 150. Lot of wind resistance at that speed. I believe he should be able to try it if he can find a suitable spot. Just my 2 cents. Live and Let Live.

I believe those limits were set by Honda for warranty & liability reason. You limited yourself by buying a limited bike.

opas ride
12-17-2014, 04:44 PM
My post said nothing about restrictions on anything except commom sense/courtesy to others on a public road and highway...If someone wants to push his bike to limits beyond what they feel is necessary, so be it, but don't put my life in danger and the lives of others....Many of us do not like certain restrictions in our lives, but so what....Live and let live!!!

fl1madmax
12-19-2014, 02:23 PM
My post said nothing about restrictions on anything except commom sense/courtesy to others on a public road and highway...If someone wants to push his bike to limits beyond what they feel is necessary, so be it, but don't put my life in danger and the lives of others....Many of us do not like certain restrictions in our lives, but so what....Live and let live!!!

I have a Kawasaki Z1000 and its stops at 165mph, we have a road 441 in Central Florida 3 miles straight, and with Cell phones on each end, when its all clear, you have 1 mile to go as fast as you want and 2 miles to slow down, Only 1 Rabbit has ever been hurt, he was just missing part of his TAIL !!!! lol, few Z1400 and Busa's have done over 200mph ( verfied by computer after run ) its just fun, I'm 65 and will slow down or eat dirt, were not endangering anybody but ourselves, just love the rush......
2480102062481..Be safe and Happy Holidays !

Sorcerer
12-19-2014, 08:00 PM
To lazy to go dig out the info. What is the speed rating on the B. Stones?

chipmaker
12-19-2014, 08:31 PM
I have a Kawasaki Z1000 and its stops at 165mph, we have a road 441 in Central Florida 3 miles straight, and with Cell phones on each end, when its all clear, you have 1 mile to go as fast as you want and 2 miles to slow down, Only 1 Rabbit has ever been hurt, he was just missing part of his TAIL !!!! lol, few Z1400 and Busa's have done over 200mph ( verfied by computer after run ) its just fun, I'm 65 and will slow down or eat dirt, were not endangering anybody but ourselves, just love the rush......
102051020610207..Be safe and Happy Holidays !

Awesome!

Sorcerer
12-19-2014, 08:36 PM
Watching Rerun of Gold Rush. Remembered the service manual 2 steps a way. The F6 has a H rated tires good for 130. Would need to go to a V rating good for 150.

fl1madmax
12-24-2014, 08:17 AM
Watching Rerun of Gold Rush. Remembered the service manual 2 steps a way. The F6 has a H rated tires good for 130. Would need to go to a V rating good for 150.

Tires are one thing I dont scimp on, stopping a few feet short can mean the differance of a Bang
and a Oh Shit, I almost hit that !! Every body have a safe and Happy Holidays !!!!! my buddy just bought one
and he loves it, sold his Victory !!!
Had a screaming Willys and a Boss Hoss. was like a rocket in a straight line and turning a Cement Truck !!!!
!102802484

fl1madmax
12-24-2014, 08:19 AM
Tires are one thing I dont scimp on, stopping a few feet short can mean the differance of a Bang
and a Oh Shit, I almost hit that !! Every body have a safe and Happy Holidays !!!!! my buddy just bought one
and he loves it, sold his Victory !!!
Had a screaming Willys and a Boss Hoss. was like a rocket in a straight line and turning a Cement Truck !!!!
!1028010281

Jimmytee
12-24-2014, 09:59 AM

I was going to chime in here and say pretty much the same thing. Tires."coffee"

grendl
12-24-2014, 12:40 PM
I agree, each his own . I have my F6B which may be limited to 125 and thats ok,I've taken it to 100 and was cool with it. If I want to hit warp speeds the stable also holds a well maintained CBR1000F.
Different bikes,built with a different purpose. It would be nice to know my F6 would run 150,but I doubt I would ever press it to that.