PDA

View Full Version : love it

jimsol1
06-30-2013, 07:26 AM
love it
Spent 6 years on a vtx 1800c, highly modified by myself, it was a great bike and my therapy, as I enjoyed changing it up, and learning alot about mechanics and electrical by working on it. Traded it in 2 years ago for a 06 bmw k1200lt. All the bells and whistles were an attraction to me, power center stand, heated seats and grips, power windshield,gps, etc. After a while the novelty wore off, and there was little I could do to the bike as it was already fully loaded. It was also like being in a car, not enough wind. I actually looked at a gl1800 before buying the bmw, what threw me off at the time was all the extra buttons that didn't do anything, i.e.,cb controls. Turned a friend on to the great deal on the wing and he is enjoying it.
The radio reception on the bmw was terrible, had the radio replaced under warranty, 1200 bucks, no joy. Had the antenna and associated wiring replaced under warranty, 700 bucks, no joy. Coming up on the end of 2 year warranty and wasn't going to be left holding the bag if something like power assisted anti-lock brakes went and I would be paying thousands out of pocket for a bike I didn't love.
Saw the f6b on line and had to see it in person, drove 50 miles to Vermont to see a black one in person and bought it. Sold the bmw back to the bmw dealer at a slight loss off original purchase price as I did ride it for 2 years, but they were great and understood my dissatisfaction w/ the radio.

The FM reception on the Honda is great, but I could use a little more volume. W/a full face helmet it is acceptable, but w/ a half or 3/4 helmet it is useless above 40 mph. The wind hits me right at the ears. Will ride full face til all the aftermarket shields have been tested and reviewed, then I want the shortest, black shield possible that will allow me to go back to 1/2 or 3/4 helmet.
I am guessing/hoping that attracting a younger crowd to this bike will create a demand for a higher wattage plug and play amp.

I love this bike as it is a cross between my last 2 bikes, power and just enough bells and whistles. I am not that young, 47, but I don't always act it. Jim

F6B-RICH
06-30-2013, 08:29 AM
:create.php: and :congrats: and good luck with your new toy.