PDA

View Full Version : OEM stock seat, backrest?

BobinMich
12-18-2014, 08:38 AM
The stock seat on my 13' F6B does "NOT" have a slot for a rider backrest. Has anyone had or looked into having an upholsterer or someone "put" a slot in there to allow a rider backrest? If so, how does it work?

hiflyer
12-18-2014, 09:02 AM
The stock seat on my 13' F6B does "NOT" have a slot for a rider backrest. Has anyone had or looked into having an upholsterer or someone "put" a slot in there to allow a rider backrest? If so, how does it work?

There are back rest's available, Utopia, Big Bike Parts, Value Accys., You have to make your own slot. Not a big deal. Search!

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-18-2014, 10:02 PM
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1349-Big-Bike-Parts-Smat-Mount-Driver-Backrest-F6B&highlight=bike+parts+driver+backrest

Couldn't be happier.

BobinMich
12-18-2014, 10:39 PM
of people cutting the "slit" in their seat, you don't experience any "vinyl" pulling away and being visible? I would think vinyl may pull down and sideways and have foam visible and look "sloppy"? thanks

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-18-2014, 10:45 PM
of people cutting the "slit" in their seat, you don't experience any "vinyl" pulling away and being visible? I would think vinyl may pull down and sideways and have foam visible and look "sloppy"? thanks

Nope, there is also an adhesive cover that covers the slit and keeps the cut from spreading. Serious sounding install but actually very simple. Look at the pics attached to page two of the thread posted above.
J