PDA

View Full Version : floorboards

BBB
12-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Does anyone have floorboard installed on F6B?

The rididng position has been the biggest issue on F6.

I have the Kury Ergo II highway pegs which helps me a lot.

I have been looking at the Roadsmith's comfort controls,
but it's EXPENSIVE! lol

It seems like Roadsmith's unit would move the pegs to where the kickstand pivot is. I also looked at some pics of
Show Chrome's floorboard kit and it seems like their floorboards extends as much forward as the Roadsmiths's peg location.

Because I prefer "boards" over pegs, i was thinking that Show Chrome's floorboards would be a better choice for me, but first, I wanted to ask if anyone has it (Show Chrome's floorboards with Heel/ toe shifter) installed on F6B and what the impression is.....

Thanks!

Old Ryder
12-18-2014, 11:26 AM
My wish list includes the Kury "Mini Boards" to also lower the feet 3/4 inch.

Jim
12-18-2014, 11:32 AM
I'm thinking about the Kury mini boards also.

Hornblower
12-18-2014, 11:34 AM
What you add to the "B" for comfort is strictly your own business but when it comes to anything that will lower the "drag points" just be aware that the stock pegs already drag easily. Anything lower could really get in the way. This is especially true for aggressive riders. :2cents:

bigbird
12-18-2014, 01:13 PM
My wish list includes the Kury "Mini Boards" to also lower the feet 3/4 inch.

I've got these installed. Perfect for me, way more comfortable than the stock pegs. I can still crank the bike way over and I've only had them drag once. Highly recommended.

jaygollner
12-18-2014, 01:21 PM
I have the kuryakyn toe heel shifter with floor boards and love them, I am thinking about adding the Heel shifter extension to make a little more room for my boot.

Texas TC
12-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Have had the mini boards for over a year and really like them. However, you have to get accustomed to repositioning your foot for shifting because it reduces the area between the board and the shifter rod peg. It is second nature to me now but did take some practice to get the new feel right.

Navvet
12-18-2014, 01:23 PM
I added the Roadsmith's comfort controls. Yes pricey, but a well built, well thought out product. The instructions were clear and detailed and the install went very smooth.

My biggest concern (after adding more leg room) was the adjustability of the shifter and brake pedal to accommodate my size 14's. I believe these give you more flexibility than the stock controls.

As to Hornblowers comment about dragging the pegs, he is right. I am not a really aggressive rider, but I do occasionally scrape a peg. But the extra room does help with my 6'-6" frame and 36" inseam and that is worth the trade-off.

Just my 2 cents ....

Old Ryder
12-18-2014, 01:55 PM
What you add to the "B" for comfort is strictly your own business but when it comes to anything that will lower the "drag points" just be aware that the stock pegs already drag easily. Anything lower could really get in the way. This is especially true for aggressive riders. :2cents:

Bought a used set of Egro II. Painted them with primer and then a nice flat black to match the rest of the trim. Boy do they look great.

Scraped the paint off the bottom of left peg the first time out! Not pretty when you flip it up. GGGggrrrrr:spank:

BBB
12-21-2014, 02:22 AM
I have decided to try the Show Chrome Floor Boards w/ heel-toe shifter set up.

I ordered it from Value Accessories (one of the sponsors here). I PM'd Rick (he replied quickly and answered my questions about the floor Boards which he has on his F6) then I called the next day to place my order.
They shipped it out within a few hours of my payment
and it's supposed to be in my hand before X'mas. :yes:

Because I had floor boards, heel-tow shifter set up on my previous ride, I really miss it and I am not an aggressive rider at all, so I don't expect to be dragging the boards much.

I will report back after I install the set on my bike.

Navvet
12-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Just in case anyone is interested .....

Here are the comfort controls from Roadsmith installed ....

Old Ryder
12-27-2014, 11:11 AM
Just in case anyone is interested .....

Here are the comfort controls from Roadsmith installed ....

Very nice! Did the shifter peg change any at all. I understand and see the engineering on the brake side, but can't seem to tell on the shifter side if anything is different. "coffee"

BBB
12-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Very nice! Did the shifter peg change any at all. I understand and see the engineering on the brake side, but can't seem to tell on the shifter side if anything is different. "coffee"

I've been looking at this kit and YES the shifter side is modified as well to move the shift lever forward along with the pegs: I found more detailed photo of it and here is the link to the page:
http://trikeshop.com/media/docs/cc-v.-2.2-complete.pdf

Navvet
12-29-2014, 12:09 PM
Yes this does move the shifter forward ..... and allows more adjustment ..... Something I need for my 36" inseam and size 14's.

My old (1983) goldwing I had actually moved the controls to the front of the engine and made floorboards from the original peg position to the engine front.

A while ago I looked at http://www.bigbikethings.com/NewProducts.html and thought about trying something like that ......

But this is my first new bike I ever bought and I don't want to get too drastic ......

soberbiker
03-20-2016, 08:21 AM
I bought the bike w/kuryakyn toe heel shifter with floor boards already installed and love them. The previous owner had installed a lot of get farkles and also powder coated them. Sure saved me a bundle! I'll get some pictures and post today.

F6BLK
03-24-2016, 03:04 PM
Have had the mini boards for over a year and really like them. However, you have to get accustomed to repositioning your foot for shifting because it reduces the area between the board and the shifter rod peg. It is second nature to me now but did take some practice to get the new feel right.

How does the brake pedal feel! I put the BK/chrome Kury Mini boards on...Need to put some miles on...Brake lever seems small now!! Probably have to buy that too! My PILE of stock bits is getting bigger and bigger!!

shooter
03-24-2016, 03:27 PM
I've got these installed. Perfect for me, way more comfortable than the stock pegs. I can still crank the bike way over and I've only had them drag once. Highly recommended.

+1 I have mine tilted down a little in the front also. More natural position and you still have to try to make them drag.

Greg O
03-24-2016, 05:13 PM
I have the mini boards also, but I found that if I tilted the shifter side board down on the front 1 detent I have a lot more room for my foot. Took a little to get use to because right board is flat and left board is slightly tilted, but it works for me.