PDA

View Full Version : Chrome

shooter
12-19-2014, 10:18 PM
Well , I know some of you guys like the blacked out look , but my favorite color is chrome. Just installed my RC Components Assault front wheel. I have a stock chrome rear coming from Sport Chrome.10219

BadDawg
12-19-2014, 10:29 PM
That looks bad ass!

Sorcerer
12-19-2014, 10:58 PM
Blastfammie. Be cool in gloss BLACK.

bigbird
12-19-2014, 11:07 PM
I really like gloss black with chrome accents. That front wheel looks fantastic.
I'm adding chrome Honda bar ends, side stand, licence plate frame, and chrome Rivco aero pegs to mine over the winter. I can't afford chrome wheels.........yet!

shooter
12-19-2014, 11:16 PM
Thanks bird. I have the rivco pegs. They are on the bike in the pic. Chrome. Its a process. I'm just a chrome guy. Nothing against the blacked out look.

bobbyf6b
12-19-2014, 11:38 PM
That is a sick wheel! I like mine all black but I respect anyones bike that they make their own. I can't believe there isn't one decked out in gold. :shock:

53driver
12-20-2014, 12:15 AM
Well , I know some of you guys like the blacked out look , but my favorite color is chrome. Just installed my RC Components Assault front wheel. I have a stock chrome rear coming from Sport Chrome.10219

Oh man - don't let Steve see that......'popcorn and coke'

Limoles
12-20-2014, 12:52 AM
Let's admit - It's gorgeous !!!

sshake1905
12-20-2014, 02:05 AM
New front chrome rim looks super...:yes:..
I've always been a bit of a "chrome whore" myself.:icon_biggrin:..and now that I own a black B....in the garage for the winter... my bike has started to attract several chrome additions...:yikes:

timing chain cover..... Ergo II with Iso Dually peg......, engine side covers w/ rubber inserts.... pivot covers w/ rubber inserts..... chrome driver peg mounts.... chrome mini-boards w/ drop mounts, chrome rear passenger peg mount covers.....show chrome rear rack....and Cobra chrome 6 into 6 mufflers....chrome trident brake pedal (to match mini boards) and lower rear fender LED brake/run light bar....plus more to come...:yikes: Looks so good next to all that black paint...:yes:

yeah....I guess "chrome whore" is fairly descriptive:icon_rolleyes:

Jimmytee
12-20-2014, 04:53 AM

Looks really good.:clap2:

RickW
12-20-2014, 05:49 AM

Looks great. I did the Chrome Wheels also, they do look better on a Black Bike, more contrast.

The trend has been blacked out the last couple of years, but Chrome is always in.
I may have put a few pieces of chrome on mine also.
Rick
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/rmwiles/2014%20Pictures/Motorcycle%20Pictures/SkylineDr0714-11_zpscb675a0e.jpg

JackB
12-20-2014, 07:50 AM
I also love chrome. I have a set of polished Goldwing wheels waiting to go on when I need tires.

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx328/extrurer/DSCF0583.jpg (http://s768.photobucket.com/user/extrurer/media/DSCF0583.jpg.html)

RickW
12-20-2014, 08:08 AM
I also love chrome. I have a set of polished Goldwing wheels waiting to go on when I need tires.

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx328/extrurer/DSCF0583.jpg (http://s768.photobucket.com/user/extrurer/media/DSCF0583.jpg.html)

Looking Good..........

Steve 0080
12-20-2014, 10:02 AM
Oh Yea !!! I'm jealous !!!

bobbyf6b
12-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Looks great. I did the Chrome Wheels also, they do look better on a Black Bike, more contrast.

The trend has been blacked out the last couple of years, but Chrome is always in.
I may have put a few pieces of chrome on mine also.
Rick
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/rmwiles/2014%20Pictures/Motorcycle%20Pictures/SkylineDr0714-11_zpscb675a0e.jpg

You need chrome or smoke chrome radiator covers. :yes: They don't blend in now that the rest of the bike is so custom. Either that or paint them to match. Would look great.

Limoles
12-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Oh Yea !!! I'm jealous !!!

... until you decide to BUY ONE :-)))

sshake1905
12-20-2014, 01:32 PM
yeah....I agree....what would look great on the radiator intakes would be to chrome the metal (or maybe it's plastic) mesh that is inset inside the fairing tuperware.....boy, wouldn't that be fun to remove, chrome and re-install :yikes: ?

For you other "chrome fanatics"..:yes:..if interested, Cyclemax has the older GL1800 chrome plastic fender/fork side cover w/o the reflector (for front wheel)....both sides for $ 60 and matching 61105-MCA-010 - chrome fork seal cover, for $ 29..plus shipping....same parts at partsfish.com with shipping for about same...$ 91 & change...:icon_biggrin:

really look good against the black fender, rim, tire etc.... just sayin'..:icon_lol:..Shaker

motoman
12-20-2014, 03:32 PM
While you boys are looking all pretty and stuff, I'll be spending my $$$ on performance items like Suspension, High performance tires, LED Lighting upgrades, Audio upgrades, Custom Seat, Full Matte Repaint, and expensive synthetic lubricants. And any engine mods that actually work, if there any.

Shine on, suckers!

JackB
12-20-2014, 04:14 PM
While you boys are looking all pretty and stuff, I'll be spending my $$$ on performance items like Suspension, High performance tires, LED Lighting upgrades, Audio upgrades, Custom Seat, Full Matte Repaint, and expensive synthetic lubricants. And any engine mods that actually work, if there any.

Shine on, suckers!

We just want to look good when we are going fast.

Amipro
12-20-2014, 04:18 PM
That's a great looking wheel, shooter. I used to be attracted to chrome but I'm going for the blacked out look these days.

shooter
12-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Well Moto I didn't know that LED and audio and seat upgrades made it any faster. The matte paint isn't going to help either. If you didn't buy the 'Fast Black' in the first place then you're just screwed.:joke:

shooter
12-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Guys I appreciate the comments. We all have good looking bikes thanks to Honda's vision. It was my first time to post a picture and I just wanted to show what I was up to. Oh and I wanted to make Steve jealous. Everyone has their own tastes and I like them all. I get that rear chrome on I will update the post.

sshake1905
12-20-2014, 05:10 PM
One of the main things about living in the "good ole US of A":yes: is that we can all agree on how great the Honda F6B platform is (except, maybe for the paint job:no:)...but...we are able to have the freedom of doing what we want with that Bike to make it our own "personal" statement...:icon_biggrin:

Alot of things we take for granted in this country...we should be thankful for on a daily basis....notworthy..

If performance is your bag....great.:yes:..If high tech audio/electrical stuff lights you up...super.:yes:..If you are "an older person" :icon_biggrin:and have done the performance thing and don't really understand all the new tech stuff..:shrug:..and the sparkle of sunshine on chrome makes you happy.....wonderfull....:yes:

Remember that..:icon_lol:.. variety is the spice of life,:icon_biggrin: different strokes for different folks:icon_biggrin: and if something makes you happy....do it !!!!:clap2:

Life is good

RickW
12-20-2014, 08:07 PM
You need chrome or smoke chrome radiator covers. :yes: They don't blend in now that the rest of the bike is so custom. Either that or paint them to match. Would look great.

We left the radiator covers black on purpose on the advise of the people who painted it, Honda of Russellville. They had done one with painted covers and said it didn't look quite right to them on the F6B, but never one quite like we did.
I was hoping someone would have chrome inserts out by now for it like the GL1800, but nothing yet. They will if there is interest, but the vast amount of people with F6B's are using less chrome then their wing counterparts.

fxdl2051
12-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Looks good. I would like to paint the black covers with a semi gloss black to match the engine paint, think that would look kinda nice.

choptop
12-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Looks good!!!!!! even though it does not show much, and the cost of the rims, are you going to do the rear? I guess I am just anal enough that I would have to do the rear also and that probably makes the upgrade to expensive.

shooter
12-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Chop I'm gonna put a stock chrome rear on. RC doesn't make a rear for this bike. I don't think anyone makes a custom for the rear. The right side is covered by the rotor and when its on the sidestand you can't see the left side unless you lay down. Still I need the chrome on the rear to make it look right. Cost is outrageous. They cut me a deal , HA , I think $1125. First one had a nick in it. No prob. They picked it up and sent me a new one. It's a lot of money for one wheel. I'm getting older. Could be my last bike. Course I said that when I bought my 109. Bought custom wheels for it too. Twice the price plus. That back one on the 9 is 8.5 inches wide. That was my first set of custom wheels. I'll just say this one time. Custom wheels take a good looking bike from 'WoW' to 'No Freakin Way'!!!! I put wheels on my 9 when it was a year old. Wherever I park it crowds assemble. As far as looks go I think wheels are the number one upgrade. Unfortunately maybe the most expensive also.

choptop
12-26-2014, 04:13 PM
I will keep my eye out for some chromed Goldwing rims or at least polished, just adds to the looks.

shooter
01-15-2015, 05:02 PM
Well I finally had time to mount the Michelin and put the chrome wheel on the back. Small difference in looks but I feel better about it.10598

BobinMich
01-15-2015, 06:46 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I bought a new 2013 BLACK F6B...... have ALWAYS been a CHROME KING....but really liking the "all black" look and intend to keep it that way......here are a couple pics of my Chrome King bikes! :biggthumpup:

choptop
01-15-2015, 07:01 PM
Well I finally had time to mount the Michelin and put the chrome wheel on the back. Small difference in looks but I feel better about it.10598

The chrome rim in the back really completes the look!:yes::yes:

shooter
01-15-2015, 08:16 PM
Thanks Chop. It's a small difference but I really notice it. Hey Bob , love the "Fish Pipes" buddy. And that chrome is HOT.

Steve 0080
01-15-2015, 08:26 PM

Black and chrome...does not get any better ...Very nice looking bike !!!!!!!! .notworthy.

Ridlikhel
01-15-2015, 10:44 PM
I'll stay stock black.

choptop
01-16-2015, 06:15 PM
Just committed to buy a rear rim off a 2013 goldwing, polished/ coated, for $165.00 + shipping. My thoughts are that I will pick up a chromed stock rim for the front, and as my 6 is lowered and you don't see much of the rear rim, they will look close enough to get by with.

I may also go DARK SIDE at that time.:shrug:

shooter
01-17-2015, 10:49 AM
I think you're right Chop. As long as there is something shiny back there it will look great.

motoman
01-18-2015, 01:25 AM
Well Moto I didn't know that LED and audio and seat upgrades made it any faster. The matte paint isn't going to help either. If you didn't buy the 'Fast Black' in the first place then you're just screwed.

I am completely unable to understand whatever point you are trying to make. :icon_rolleyes:

I am willing to spend money on functional upgrades, not just bling. Full matte would solve the scratches problem.

Chrome is the Icon of the Harley crowd, and the poster child for a wasted non-functional expenditure. :jerkit:

BTW, my F6B IS Black.

choptop
01-18-2015, 07:51 AM
To upgrade/customize or leave stock is a personal thing. To many a bike is a mode of transportation, not much more. To many it is an expression of them. I have always had a love affair w/vehicles, if I had back the money I spent on making them me/mine...
So whether you want the BLING or the POWER or anything/ everything in between, more power to you. :clap2:

grendl
01-18-2015, 06:56 PM
Really like the Chrome wheels ! Right now I am into the all black style of my bike, If I wasn't concerned about it being seen I would add the black Headlamps I saw in some ad and the blacked out taillights. Wont do it though as not only being seen, I need to SEE ..
Black pipes though are on the list for sure.
Doing your rear wheel adds the 'bling' back there and completes the look.May not be my 'style' but yours looks really good !

choptop
01-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Although I liked chrome on my bikes, whether they were Harley or metrics, I just liked a good balance, not much of a chrome whore, per say.
I think the change will look good and I will like it, if I don't, I have the black rims to fall back on. And all will be good.

Bling the Wing