PDA

View Full Version : Texas to Wisconsin Trip

dougvtx
07-01-2013, 08:21 AM
I left SE Texas on June 22. I rode up thru Eastern Oklahoma, to Ft. Smith, AR, to I-49 up thru Missouri. I rode thru Iowa from I-35 on Hwy 20 to Dubuque, Iowa in a very heavy thunderstorm. I made it to Janesville, WI. 3 days and 1250 miles. I have 10000 on my F6B. I have installed two new Avon Cobra tires prior to leaving Texas. They handled extremely well in the heavy rain. On my way back to Texas, I'll go through Illinois, to Springfield, Missouri. I'll pick up Hwy 7 in Harrison, Arkansas.

MichaelG
07-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Doug, how many miles were on your OEM Bridgestone tires when you made the change to the Avons ??????

I've got over 10k on my bike now, and the tires are still quite good.

dougvtx
07-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Doug, how many miles were on your OEM Bridgestone tires when you made the change to the Avons ??????

I've got over 10k on my bike now, and the tires are still quite good.

I had a little over 9k miles. I didn't think they would last the trip. I took good care of them checking tire pressure. That was never an issue. Maybe once every week and a half I had to put a pound in. Maybe the SE TEXAS heat and roads wore them out.:shock:

dougvtx
07-12-2013, 08:35 PM
When I headed back home, I routed myself through Harrison, AR to pick up Hwy 7 down to Hot Springs, then to Arkadelphia. That was a nice run through the mountains. :icon_razz: