PDA

View Full Version : Madstad windshield questions

zeus661
01-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Does the Madstad windshield come with both pieces of the windshield? The upper attached to the adjustable brackets and the lower that attaches to the bike?

Also has anyone experienced the brackets moving while riding? Are tools required to adjust the windshield?

BuzzzPhotos
01-02-2015, 09:46 PM
Yes, it comes with both sections in varied sizes. I've never experienced any movement on its own and once installed you can change the angle with your fingers. The look grows on ya also. I had the adjustable Baggershied after the original then went with the Madstad when it became available. I really like it.

Scotrod
01-02-2015, 10:06 PM

royr
01-03-2015, 06:10 AM
No movement on mine. Quiet and no buffeting, very good WS.

ReserveBum
01-03-2015, 08:37 AM
I put the Madstad on 8k miles ago. No movement or loosening that I have noticed. Really quiet and with the Baker wings puts you in a nice little calm area with no buffeting

B-builder
01-03-2015, 09:02 AM
How do y'all like the mad stad vs bagger shield

Hornblower
01-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Some don't like the look. I know I was one of them. Then I saw the combination of the black base with a clear top. From a distance, the eyes pick up the dark base which emphasizes the original design of the F6B, low and long. As someone else mentioned, over time you grow accustomed to it. Functionally, I don't think you can do any better than the Madstad :2cents:.

hiflyer
01-03-2015, 09:17 AM
I have tried 5 windshields on my bike. I like the Madstad with the combo Hornblower refers to. Nothing works as well.

opas ride
01-03-2015, 01:02 PM
Is there really that much of an advantage for less wind noise/turbulence from the Madstad vs. Baggershield Adjustable??..I have only ridden with the stock shield and now the Baggershield and am perfectly happy with the performance of my current set-up...As I do not ride many long distances these days, I see no need to change shields unless those that have had both experienced some "miraculous " change when going to the Madstad....I don't feel any turbulence/wind noise now and see no need to change unless it is really worth it...

Scotrod
01-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Lotsa folks are content with lotsa things up until they try something different.

opas ride
01-03-2015, 08:15 PM
Lotsa folks are content with lotsa things up until they try something different.

True, but changing things one is content with does not necessarily bring positive results...I will stick with what I have for now!!...Regards and ride safe....

Reb
01-03-2015, 10:12 PM
Just returned from a 9 day 4000km ride with temps topping at 39c (102.2f) .
This was the first long ride with my new Madstad.
Very pleased with the results, no buffeting, able to hear the radio, and best of all when the temperature was really high I could adjust it to gain the maximum airflow to my face and upper body.
Purchased the Amber screen and very happy that I did not go any darker.
I am sure there are many great products out there from other company's but this one just does exactly what it says on the tin, it works.
Roger

zeus661
01-05-2015, 04:07 PM
How about bugs or rain coming up between the two shields? Seems that rain could blow in between and hit you. What is it like riding in the rain?

F6BPDX
01-05-2015, 06:03 PM
How about bugs or rain coming up between the two shields? Seems that rain could blow in between and hit you. What is it like riding in the rain?

I get rain hitting me through mine, and need to ride with my face shield closed in the rain to be comfortable. But I think that would be the case with any shield you look over.

Reb
01-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Dry as and bug free