PDA

View Full Version : I must be some kind of weirdo or something but...

Primo
01-06-2015, 02:25 PM
... after a couple of Harleys and thousands of $$$ dropped into them post-purchase, I love my 6 pretty much as is.

No need or desire for more speed, better sound, louder pipes, etc.,etc.,etc.

Bought a new Klockwerks windshield, Ergo III's and Mustang seat and I'm done.

Needed a little extra reach to the ground. Bought some boots with thicker soles.

I see a lot of you folks tweaking this and lowering that. Spending big bucks for Heli-bars etc.

Your money, your needs, your desires.

Not condemning anyone. Just wanted to go on record saying this bike to me was pretty close to perfect right out of the box.

Definitely more so than any bike I've ever bought or ridden.

Off my soapobox.

Ride safe and enjoy everyone!

opas ride
01-06-2015, 03:23 PM
... after a couple of Harleys and thousands of $$$ dropped into them post-purchase, I love my 6 pretty much as is.

Needed a little extra reach to the ground. Bought some boots with thicker soles.

I see a lot of you folks tweaking this and lowering that. Spending big bucks for Heli-bars etc.

Not condemning anyone. Just wanted to go on record saying this bike to me was pretty close to perfect right out of the box.

Off my soapobox.

I'm with you my friend on your impressions of the F6B...We all like to modify/change our bikes to suit our liking and I think that what others do is none of my business...We all have different needs and wants....After owning my F6B since fall of 2013 I have made about the same changes as you have...Custom paint, Cobra pipes, Mustang seat, Baggershield windscreen, Kuryakyn grips, and a few cosmetic/chrome things...I also had my riding boot soles/heels raised a couple years ago and I have now decided to leave well-enough alone...Gave much thought to Heli-bars, risers, Superbrace, etc. and came to the conclusion, earlier today for whatever reason, I am done and love my ride the way it is as it fits my needs just fine.....Ride safe

BBB
01-06-2015, 03:24 PM
I felt the same way 7 months ago when I traded in my 2010 FLHX for a 2014 f6b deluxe.
During the 7 months of owning the F6B, I ended up with:
Breakaway throttle lock
Clearview windshield
Mustang seat
Lowering rear shock linkage
Customized centerstand
Foam grips
Under the mirror wind deflectors
Ergo 2 highway pegs
Show Chrome floorboards
Goldwing passenger floorboards
Rocky risers
Lol

I'm now looking at rush slip ons, madstad windshield,
MP3 luggage rack.....

Now I know it's an addiction, no matter what bike I have/ ride.
When I think about it, I have never left any of my bike stock. ;)

What makes me feel ok with all the mods is that I haven't had the need/ want to touch the power train which means that I'm not messing with the proven reliability of the honda goldwing. :)

smokinjoe187
01-06-2015, 03:25 PM

Off my soapobox.

thats the beauty of the 6
while there is not as huge an aftermarket as Harleys have
there still is the ability to tailor our bikes to or own needs
i guarantee that after a while you too will tweak your near perfect 6
its in our nature,

Limoles
01-06-2015, 04:41 PM
It's always individual way to add "personality" to our toys .
Sometimes it's very necessary ... It helps to love them even more .

BuzzzPhotos
01-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Loved mine as it was new 'cept the windshield. Still smile every time I get on it. But, I keep ordering more stuff. Don't really like the new Rush exhaust. Shoulda kept it stock.

Steve 0080
01-06-2015, 05:39 PM
Like a pretty gurl, I keep buying mine stuff like a wild girlfriend trying to get closer !!!

smokinjoe187
01-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Loved mine as it was new 'cept the windshield. Still smile every time I get on it. But, I keep ordering more stuff. Don't really like the new Rush exhaust. Shoulda kept it stock.

a word monster oval!!

smokinjoe187
01-06-2015, 08:22 PM

Off my soapobox.

fyi....if do a search on suspension preload here you might not need them boots
you can let some preload out of the shock,its in the manual as well

glryder98
01-06-2015, 09:17 PM

Which exhaust do you have ? What don't you like about it?

Cheesyryder
01-06-2015, 09:25 PM
Got mine only had a little while on the Cap't before the long winter sleep.
Luv the f6'er
Changes
1.) Led Lights for rear end
2.) a accent piece for the gas flap
3.) Fork Brace
4.) Never had a windshield so this is great (Might sell the tall windscreen)

XKnight
01-07-2015, 07:21 PM
I too came from owning a bunch of Harley's where mucho dollars were required to get the performance up to par. With the F6B I have no desire to make it go any faster and it already handles great too. Now on the comfort side of things, the Helibars were a necessity for me to get rid of upper back and shoulder pain.

Old Ryder
01-08-2015, 01:21 AM
The only bike I have EVER owned where I have no desire to tinker with the engine or exhaust---and I have owned a few.

Primo
01-08-2015, 01:04 PM
The only bike I have EVER owned where I have no desire to tinker with the engine or exhaust---and I have owned a few.

Exactly how I feel.:yes:

VP8
01-08-2015, 05:52 PM
Hey Primo, how do you like your Mustang seat? Nice to see someone local who has one...hint hint. :039: Which Mustang seat do you have, and is there really any back support with it? I've been debating if I should even upgrade from the stock seat since the stock seat has been so good to me on long trips as far as 800+ mile days without a butt sore.

Steve 0080
01-08-2015, 06:33 PM
I really liked the seat on the F6.....except it kept sliding me forward...comfort was great, seemed like it was pushing back or something all the time...had to go !!!

If I buy a 2015 I will try to calm myself and keep the M/C put away.....maybe not....

opas ride
01-08-2015, 06:53 PM
I got the Mustang seat because it was about 1" lower and I wanted that advantage..The stock seat was also a very nice seat and I really had no issues with it all on trips/rides....Now after riding with the Mustang seat, for about a year, I really like the way it feels and supports my back and butt.....

friedenfels
01-08-2015, 06:54 PM
.....after 9 Harleys and assorted other bikes, dont really feel the need to do much to my F6B. It came with a Mustang Seat from the dealer, who had actually installed Cobra 6-6 pipes, but I told him to put the stock pipes back on. I did add a larger shield, a taller passenger backrest and a luggage rack, the latter two for the passenger and not for me. About only other add on I am planning on is a set of ergo pegs.

Great bike out of the box. My wallet and I are very happy.

Oz

choptop
01-08-2015, 07:13 PM
The only thing I don't like about my 6 is I can't ride it enough, need to get out of Wi and into a warmer climate. Stock exhaust and windshield are fine for me. Spent a bit of money to make it mine and I am sure more will be spent. Last summer was my 1st w/it and God willing, many more in our future.

Primo
01-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Hey Primo, how do you like your Mustang seat? Nice to see someone local who has one...hint hint. :039: Which Mustang seat do you have, and is there really any back support with it? I've been debating if I should even upgrade from the stock seat since the stock seat has been so good to me on long trips as far as 800+ mile days without a butt sore.

Definitely an all day seat. The rise afforded me great back support on a recent 600+ mile ride up to Monterey Bay.

I have this one: http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/76841/Honda-2013-2014-Gold-Wing-F6B-Tripper-Fastback-Deluxe-Tuck-and-Roll-Center

As for the hint hint we definitely should meet up for a burger somewhere so you can sit on it and get a feel for the seat. Heck, you can even make vroom vroom noises if you like!

shooter
01-08-2015, 09:08 PM

Off my soapobox.

Buddy I'm not trying to be disrespectful but after them Harley's you been riding I suppose an old Honda would seem pretty much perfect. After all it's faster , smoother , better in the twisties , better looking and cheaper. It's pretty much a no-brainer. Welcome aboard.:stirthepot:

VP8
01-09-2015, 05:23 AM
Definitely an all day seat. The rise afforded me great back support on a recent 600+ mile ride up to Monterey Bay.

I have this one: http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/76841/Honda-2013-2014-Gold-Wing-F6B-Tripper-Fastback-Deluxe-Tuck-and-Roll-Center

As for the hint hint we definitely should meet up for a burger somewhere so you can sit on it and get a feel for the seat. Heck, you can even make vroom vroom noises if you like!

Hell yeah!!! That will be great Primo...thanks!!! Vroom vroom!! :clap2:

grendl
01-10-2015, 02:19 PM
Totally agree Primo.
This bike is so close to perfect I don't need much more. Lights first then the Mustang seat and I'm done. I am going to hold on a windshield until I have the seat on the bike. 1 inch lower may solve any problems I have. Plus I enjoy the wind so no biggie on protection.Yes I have ridden long distance in storms and cold but I prefer the wind.