PDA

View Full Version : New to the group!

Tankeryanker
01-07-2015, 10:05 AM
Hello everyone!!! After much consternation...and, internal debate...I have decided that a Honda F6B is the new bike for me!!! I had a Wing back in the 70's/80's and absolutely loved it...that was WAY back when 1000 cc's was HUGE!! I have ridden a couple of other bikes since...my current ride is a 2000 Triumph Trophy 1200. A LOT of fun to ride, especially in the twisties, but as I've reached senior citizendom, she's just not as comfortable for an old fart as I need, and she's really starting to show her age!!! Have wanted another Wing for years, but didn't care about all the passenger acoutrement(sp)!!! Imagine my delight, when the F6B came out a couple of years ago!!! I'm VERY happy they decided to put cruize control on...I knew they would!!!...Now if someone would come up with a great looking, and comfortable aftermarket seat/luggage rack...I'll be set!!!

Hornblower
01-07-2015, 11:28 AM
Hello everyone!!! After much consternation...and, internal debate...I have decided that a Honda F6B is the new bike for me!!! I had a Wing back in the 70's/80's and absolutely loved it...that was WAY back when 1000 cc's was HUGE!! I have ridden a couple of other bikes since...my current ride is a 2000 Triumph Trophy 1200. A LOT of fun to ride, especially in the twisties, but as I've reached senior citizendom, she's just not as comfortable for an old fart as I need, and she's really starting to show her age!!! Have wanted another Wing for years, but didn't care about all the passenger acoutrement(sp)!!! Imagine my delight, when the F6B came out a couple of years ago!!! I'm VERY happy they decided to put cruize control on...I knew they would!!!...Now if someone would come up with a great looking, and comfortable aftermarket seat/luggage rack...I'll be set!!!

.welcome20. from NC :yes:. You'll love it, I'm sure. Like you, I loved my Triumphs too. Came from a Rocket III and Speed Triple. To address your comment...the Ultimate Mid Rider seat is great for me. You might want to consider that one. Welcome to the forum!

Jimmytee
01-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Welcome. There are a gew options with seats and luggage racks. I have a corbin dual tour which I really like. It , to me, is the best looking seat. Mine has been upholstered in a black velour and is very comfortable. I have Ultimate seatson my Valkyrie and I'm betting the one for the F6B is nice as well. Several on here like the Mustang seat and then there is the Russel Day Long saddle.
Welcome

JackB
01-07-2015, 01:49 PM
So far I like the stock seat but I only have 4000 miles on mine. But I will be adding a back rest.

BobinMich
01-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Welcome!

Deer Slayer
01-07-2015, 05:49 PM
'welcome gang' welcome from Advance. Still love my stock seat as I ride the twisties and shift my arse as required. Now at 24,000 mi. Still in love with my 6. :cheers:

Steve 0080
01-07-2015, 06:02 PM
'welcome gang' to the board !!!!

XKnight
01-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Welcome aboard. Some comfortable seats include Mustang, Ultimate and Corbin. There are a few others too, but those three seem to be in most demand for the F6B.

There are some nice looking and functional luggage racks out there too.

bobbyf6b
01-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Tanker yanker? I'm guessing you haul fuel or oil. I've done both and currently haul oil on the west coast. Welcome to the group!

Old Ryder
01-08-2015, 01:14 AM
Tanker yanker? I'm guessing you haul fuel or oil. I've done both and currently haul oil on the west coast.

Me too-- spent 1 1/2 years driving a 45 ton BOMB--believe it or not, I did not have 5,000 miles on a rig when I started. That was 10 years ago and to this day when it is a 40 degree rainy night, I still look over at my wife and say "Its a great night NOT to be hauling gasoline" :icon_wink: Weather had a lot to do with the enjoyment of the job. Ice and snow made it stressful. And the night shift hauling into bad neighborhoods.........

bobbyf6b
01-08-2015, 09:39 AM
Me too-- spent 1 1/2 years driving a 45 ton BOMB--believe it or not, I did not have 5,000 miles on a rig when I started. That was 10 years ago and to this day when it is a 40 degree rainy night, I still look over at my wife and say "Its a great night NOT to be hauling gasoline" :icon_wink: Weather had a lot to do with the enjoyment of the job. Ice and snow made it stressful. And the night shift hauling into bad neighborhoods.........

:yes:

Tankeryanker
01-13-2015, 06:04 PM
Guess I should clarify! I'd like a single up seat...no pillion seat needed! And a chrome or otherwise, luggage rack(if worse comes to worse I can always fabricate one)! Not sure what Id do with the passenger grab rail, and fender...that's not covered by the seat!

Tankeryanker
01-13-2015, 06:08 PM

I'll be twenty years...next month...pulling a gas tanker! Our company is pretty good about not MAKING us run when the weather's crummy!

Tankeryanker
01-13-2015, 06:10 PM
Tanker yanker? I'm guessing you haul fuel or oil. I've done both and currently haul oil on the west coast. Welcome to the group!

I've been haulin' gas for almost twenty years here in the Springfield, MO area!

BobinMich
01-13-2015, 06:21 PM
the ole lady thinks I've been hauling gas when I eat a lot of cabbage...

Old Ryder
01-13-2015, 07:30 PM
I'll be twenty years...next month...pulling a gas tanker! Our company is pretty good about not MAKING us run when the weather's crummy!

We have a winter weather advisory here tonight. Maybe up to 1/4 inch of ice before morning. It is a GREAT NIGHT not to be driving a tanker!

Darren
01-14-2015, 09:34 AM
Welcome to the group

gordon
01-14-2015, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the group. It is the best place for advice and help for your F6B. I am glad to finally find someone in the Springfield area that also has a "B" I live in Willard and when the weather gets above freezing maybe we can meet somewhere and talk about the bikes..