PDA

View Full Version : Tapered Seat Bolt Set, Honda F6B

RickW
01-08-2015, 10:20 PM
We have been waiting for a while to be able to announce our new Tapered Seat Bolt Sets (http://store.valueaccessories.net/TaperedSeatBoltSetGoldWingandF6B.aspx) specifically for the F6B.
We just got some in from the first shipment today, I installed a set on our own F6B.
This is an absolute necessity if installing an after market seat or plan on taking your seat off once in a while.
http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/52843.jpg
http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/528431.JPG (http://store.valueaccessories.net/TaperedSeatBoltSetGoldWingandF6B.aspx)

Steve 0080
01-08-2015, 11:53 PM
Yes, those do make it easier !!!

opas ride
01-09-2015, 12:54 PM
We have been waiting for a while to be able to announce our new Tapered Seat Bolt Sets (http://store.valueaccessories.net/TaperedSeatBoltSetGoldWingandF6B.aspx) specifically for the F6B.
We just got some in from the first shipment today, I installed a set on our own F6B.
This is an absolute necessity if installing an after market seat or plan on taking your seat off once in a while.
http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/52843.jpg
http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/528431.JPG (http://store.valueaccessories.net/TaperedSeatBoltSetGoldWingandF6B.aspx)

Tell me what we did wrong then at my dealer trying to install the Mustang seat using these bolts purchased last summer..They were too short and would NOT allow seat rails to tighten..After screwing around for about 1/2 hour we used the stock bolts and the seat finally fit reasonably well...Still the rail on the right side sticks out from the seat a little, but I am living with it...Regards...Someone else on this board said that the after market bolts with not work with anything but the stock seat??Appreciate any advise on the best way to make these bolts work..Have they been up-dated since last year as I see your post says that will work on aftermarket seats and specifically the F6B??

Hornblower
01-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Tell me what we did wrong then at my dealer trying to install the Mustang seat using these bolts purchased last summer..They were too short and would NOT allow seat rails to tighten..After screwing around for about 1/2 hour we used the stock bolts and the seat finally fit reasonably well...Still the rail on the right side sticks out from the seat a little, but I am living with it...Regards...Someone else on this board said that the after market bolts with not work with anything but the stock seat??Appreciate any advise on the best way to make these bolts work..Have they been up-dated since last year as I see your post says that will work on aftermarket seats and specifically the F6B??

The bolt kit for a full Wing has 4 bolts of equal length. In the kit for the F6B however, the two front bolts are longer. That may be the reason yours wouldn't reach :shrug:.

opas ride
01-09-2015, 03:59 PM
The bolt kit for a full Wing has 4 bolts of equal length. In the kit for the F6B however, the two front bolts are longer. That may be the reason yours wouldn't reach :shrug:.

Thanks, but that is not the reason as far as I can tell..The bolts I have look like the ones posted on the web-site..Two are long and two are shorter..Tried and tried to make them work as I said, but "no cigar" and used the stockers.....

RickW
01-09-2015, 05:19 PM

You did not have these bolts. As I posted above, these are new and specific for the F6B.
We have specific GL1800 bolt kits also which are a different length.

These Seat Bolt Kits are correct for the F6b, these are actually slightly longer then stock plus the tip.
I installed a set on mine with a Mustang Seat and did compare the length of the stock bolts to these replacements.
These fit fine.

opas ride
01-09-2015, 05:30 PM
You did not have these bolts. As I posted above, these are new and specific for the F6B.
We have specific GL1800 bolt kits also which are a different length.

These Seat Bolt Kits are correct for the F6b, these are actually slightly longer then stock plus the tip.
I installed a set on mine with a Mustang Seat and did compare the length of the stock bolts to these replacements.
These fit fine.

Rick, I don't doubt your info and I will assume these newer F6B "specific" bolts are longer and were made after I ordered the ones I did last spring...If they are indeed longer than the older style, I ordered from another supplier last year, I will place an order for the up-dated ones from Value Accessories soon...I will rely on your data that they indeed are longer than the older ones.....I remember ordering them for obvious reasons last year to use on the Mustang seat change and was very dis-appointed that they did not work....Thanks again....

bob109
01-09-2015, 05:50 PM
Whether using the OEM Seat Bolts or the tapered end After Market Seat Bolts make sure you take the opportunity to clean/chase the threads on the frame bosses. Only takes a a few minutes and minimal effort to remove the "powder coat overspray" on the female threads. A light dab of Never Seize to the bolts is also a "plus". Stops "Galvanic Reaction" in its tracks:icon_wink:

Here's the original post on the subject of cleaning the threads:icon_biggrin:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3883-Seat-Installation-Improvement

XKnight
01-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Thanks, but that is not the reason as far as I can tell..The bolts I have look like the ones posted on the web-site..Two are long and two are shorter..Tried and tried to make them work as I said, but "no cigar" and used the stockers.....

I had the same issue as you when I ordered tapered bolts last year for my Mustang seat. Couldn't get the tapered bolts to work and ended up using the stock Honda bolts. The tapered bolts are sitting in a box somewhere in my garage. I do hope these "new" tapered bolts are better.

opas ride
01-09-2015, 08:40 PM
I had the same issue as you when I ordered tapered bolts last year for my Mustang seat. Couldn't get the tapered bolts to work and ended up using the stock Honda bolts. The tapered bolts are sitting in a box somewhere in my garage. I do hope these "new" tapered bolts are better.

I indicated on my last post to Rick W. that I would not order the "new" bolts until I am convinced they are different/longer than the ones I tried to make work last year...His web-site indicates that these "newer" bolts can be ordered specific for the F6B seat..I would like to use these bolts and will when I am assured that they will work....Regards...I know it is only a few dollars, but money is money!!

RickW
01-10-2015, 07:50 AM
I indicated on my last post to Rick W. that I would not order the "new" bolts until I am convinced they are different/longer than the ones I tried to make work last year...His web-site indicates that these "newer" bolts can be ordered specific for the F6B seat..I would like to use these bolts and will when I am assured that they will work....Regards...I know it is only a few dollars, but money is money!!

I am not sure what to say. The bolts sold earlier from a different company are for a gold wing, not f6b. Those bolts for the wing are all the same length, more then likely 75 mm or less. One bolt would have worked on each side the other would have been short.

The bolt kits for an f6b are different.
You can measure your original bolts, which I Did to verify. We have an advantage selling parts and having multiple bikes here to actually check out parts on.
You will find when measuring that your original bolt lengths are 60 mm and 90 mm in length.
The replacements as we have listed on the product page are 75 mm and 95 mm in length including the tip which is about 3 mm.

opas ride
01-10-2015, 11:58 AM
I am not sure what to say. The bolts sold earlier from a different company are for a gold wing, not f6b. Those bolts for the wing are all the same length, more then likely 75 mm or less. One bolt would have worked on each side the other would have been short.

The bolt kits for an f6b are different.
You can measure your original bolts, which I Did to verify. We have an advantage selling parts and having multiple bikes here to actually check out parts on.
You will find when measuring that your original bolt lengths are 60 mm and 90 mm in length.
The replacements as we have listed on the product page are 75 mm and 95 mm in length including the tip which is about 3 mm.
Rick, Thanks so much for the reply and you are "right on" my friend..The aftermarket bolts I got last year from another "major" supplier are 60mm and 90mm in length...No wonder they did not work!!...Anyhow I have ordered a new set from you a look forward to replacing the stock ones that I have on the Mustang seat now ...Thanks and Regards.....Opas Ride

Deer Slayer
01-10-2015, 12:03 PM
I made my seat bolts pointed with a grinder. Better price.:shock::cheers:

RickW
01-18-2015, 09:08 PM
Rick, Thanks so much for the reply and you are "right on" my friend..The aftermarket bolts I got last year from another "major" supplier are 60mm and 90mm in length...No wonder they did not work!!...Anyhow I have ordered a new set from you a look forward to replacing the stock ones that I have on the Mustang seat now ...Thanks and Regards.....Opas Ride

Sometimes that little bit makes all the difference in the world.
I have had my seat off and on several times the last week while doing some LED Accent Wiring installations. The Mustang seat comes off and on very easily.
If taking side panels off with an after market seat installed, adding an extra two minutes to take the seat off makes life a whole lot easier. The side panels come right off with the seat removed. I strongly recommend it.

FJR919
01-21-2015, 10:41 AM
They're not black.

opas ride
01-21-2015, 11:45 AM
They're not black.

Why does that matter???..As long as they work!!!

smokinjoe187
01-21-2015, 12:42 PM
Why does that matter???..As long as they work!!!

good info as always,i put a set on order,now i just have to find a tap!!
thanks again....the power of the forum!!

RickW
01-29-2015, 05:52 AM
Due to a huge demand in these new Tapered Bolts we did run out of our first shipment. We will have more in in about a week or two. Anyone who orders will get them as soon as we get more in stock.
If you order a seat with the bolts, we can hold off shipping the seat until we get more bolts in.
Rick

Jimmytee
01-29-2015, 06:18 AM

I use the stock bolts with no issues on my Corbin seat.

opas ride
01-29-2015, 08:24 PM
I use the stock bolts with no issues on my Corbin seat.

I am happy for you but I do not like the looks or comfort of the Corbin seat!!....The newer bolts from Rick at Value Accessories has solved any fitment issues with the Mustang seat and I am a happy camper....Thanks and ride safe!!!

luisjromero
01-30-2015, 05:44 AM
....The newer bolts from Rick at Value Accessories has solved any fitment issues with the Mustang seat...!

Really work much better. Thanks opas ride :icon_biggrin:

RickW
01-30-2015, 05:53 AM

Really work much better. Thanks opas ride :icon_biggrin:

Very good. Just a little bit longer makes all the difference in the world once in a while. The taper helps also.

I had stated earlier in another post that getting the side panels off is about 10 times easier with the after market seat removed. The seat comes off now in about 2 minutes or less on my bike, then the side covers pop right off. They came off before with the Mustang Seat, but it was a slight struggle.

RickW
02-26-2015, 06:55 PM
Good news.
We have more of the Tapered Seat Bolt Sets on the way to us. Should have enough to fill all of the back orders. Will be out to everyone early next week.

srt8-in-largo
02-26-2015, 08:54 PM
Good stuff Rick; you're always trying to make improvements exactly where they're needed!

RickW
02-27-2015, 07:04 PM
We took everything they had left from the shipment so we should be able to supply most people that want them for now.