PDA

View Full Version : F6B saddlebag liners

BobinMich
01-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Are the STOCK OEM Honda F6B saddlebag liners worth purchasing? quality of them? Are they useful or do they just get in the way..... thanks! Bob

Jimmytee
01-08-2015, 11:18 PM
Are the STOCK OEM Honda F6B saddlebag liners worth purchasing? quality of them? Are they useful or do they just get in the way..... thanks! Bob

To me ,, no. I've never used them, they don't exactly match the contour of the bags and are pretty limited in what you can stuff them wit. I tend to use my saddle bags to hold jackets and road gear. I use the luggage rack to haul luggage with clothes etc...

Steve 0080
01-08-2015, 11:39 PM
They are a "pretty" I have them and like them...covers the bottom on the bag so nothing scratches it... the value is in the beholder ???

Jimmytee
01-09-2015, 06:37 AM
They are a "pretty" I have them and like them...covers the bottom on the bag so nothing scratches it... the value is in the beholder ???

Are you talking about the liners or the mats? I was thinking he was talking about the the bag liners ?http://powersports.honda.com/2015/gold-wing-f6b/accessories.aspx

DMAGOLDRDR
01-09-2015, 07:03 AM
I guess it depends on what your needs are. I was able to purchase only one because that's all I need. On trips, I pack what I will carry into a Hotel for the night in the one Bag. It fits into the Saddlebag nicely and is easy to slide out and carry off.
It is not a genuine Honda Bag..... http://www.goldwingonline.com/products/Goldwing_Saddlebag_Liner-54-50.html ......but good enough for the three or four times a year I use it.

BobinMich
01-09-2015, 08:04 AM
I guess it depends on what your needs are. I was able to purchase only one because that's all I need. On trips, I pack what I will carry into a Hotel for the night in the one Bag. It fits into the Saddlebag nicely and is easy to slide out and carry off.
It is not a genuine Honda Bag..... http://www.goldwingonline.com/products/Goldwing_Saddlebag_Liner-54-50.html ......but good enough for the three or four times a year I use it.

DMA...very good price. How is the quality of the bag? I agree with really only needing one.
Yes, I was looking at the OEM Honda liners, not the mat. thanks

Reedman71
01-09-2015, 08:44 AM
I have the Cooler and I use it for a lot of things other than just keeping dinks cold (Warning: NOT watertight, use ice packs or put ice in ziplock bags) . It works great as an over night bag and fits in the left saddle bag nicely. There is still room behind the bag where the tool kit/owners manual goes. I keep a little LED light in that space. Here is a pic of the bag fitting (note: cooler bag was empty in this pic)

I needed the left saddlebag on a trip so I strapped the cooler (full of clothes) on to the back rack. This worked out great.

bob109
01-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Found some great bags at Wally World which were made by Coleman. The price was right, the size was right and they serve as insulated "coolers" if need be! Not fancy but functional:icon_wink:

Here's my original post on the subject:icon_biggrin:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?412-Three-in-One-Saddlebag-Liners

Steve 0080
01-09-2015, 09:40 AM
Are you talking about the liners or the mats? I was thinking he was talking about the the bag liners ?http://powersports.honda.com/2015/gold-wing-f6b/accessories.aspx

Thanks... If you are talking about the mini suitcases, yes there nice... I have them ...$80 I think...I thought they were worth the money. I like things to match and look like the item should be there. Not something just thrown together. "ccsmiley"

Jimmytee
01-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Thanks... If you are talking about the mini suitcases, yes there nice... I have them ...$80 I think...I thought they were worth the money. I like things to match and look like the item should be there. Not something just thrown together. "ccsmiley"

I may sell mine then. They really don't hold much, I have a t bag I use for luggage. It's like this. By the time you pack rain gear, a bike cover and have room for a couple jackets (light and heavy) possibly chaps, the saddle bags are pretty full. There really isn't any room for those bag liners.

sshake1905
01-09-2015, 11:03 AM
I have the Hopnel (show chrome/big bike product) liners in my bike.....work great, quality is good..so far...really good to put smaller things in to keep them from bouncing around, rubbing and marring each other....and great to use to haul stuff in and out of motel room.....less trips, etc:yes:

I use them any time I go to the store to keep items from beating up the inside of sbags....and the price is right at $17 - 20 a pair.....they are actually made to the form of the pre- 2012 Goldwing saddlebags....so they are a little shorter...length wise...but it make them easy to get in and out of the Saddlebag when full of items....I like 'em:icon_biggrin:

Shaker

DMAGOLDRDR
01-09-2015, 01:44 PM
DMA...very good price. How is the quality of the bag? I agree with really only needing one.
Yes, I was looking at the OEM Honda liners, not the mat. thanks

They are not up to OEM quality but they look like they will hold up for a couple years to my little use. I wanted something to try for little investment and they did the job for a low cost.

DarkKnt
01-19-2015, 05:23 PM
....a really cool bag. Coincidently, the bag fits very well in the F6 boxes. Very handy for the typical overnight stuff that you want to be able to carry in and out of the hotel.

Limoles
01-19-2015, 07:19 PM
Saddlebag liners are the one of the best traveler's friends . Mine comes from BMW line and for years don't show any imperfections . Very clever design - expandable and comes with devided ( on request ) sections. I used them during all trips in most of my previously ridden baggers ( HD's , LT's & Valk's ) . Very practical and helpful . Make sense to keep everything in order .

Old Ryder
01-26-2015, 04:02 PM
My wife gets me a set every week! Even have the WalMart logo on the side. Sometimes I get a set of Food Lion bags, also. (That's just my 2 cents) :2cents:

Seriously---they work much better. I have owned various sets of the others. The grocery bags conform to the shape of the saddlebags and hold much more. They can be made water proof by putting them in a small trash can liner. Not fancy-- but a lot more function. Another option is a Boat Bag from Bass Pro Shop or outdoor supply companys. They can be a little stiffer, but they come water proof out of the box and can be used as a cheap T Bag strapped to the rear seat/backrest or luggage rack.

vstar09
01-26-2015, 10:09 PM
I picked up a couple of small gym bags at Wally World last summer that fit my saddle bags great...carried A weeks worth of clothes in the both for $10.00 apiece....gotta know how to pack...!

LX2
01-27-2015, 11:06 AM
Light weight nylon Duffel-like bags from REI. They are the kind that when empty, you can stuff them into the "sewn on the side" zippered pocket (the size of a sandwich bag). If you are stuffing them with clothes you can form them to fit into the weird sized saddlebag space.

Injun Joe
01-27-2015, 01:13 PM
Frankly, I'm underwhelmed with my OEM ones as I am many of the "$1,000 extras" I chose. But I see some kind of bag liner as almost a necessity for over night trips so they'll be getting used one way or another.