PDA

View Full Version : What is advantage of the windshield vent?

sksfox
01-09-2015, 09:37 PM
almost every goldwing has a vent in the windscreen is there some kind of advantage to this ?????????
SKSFOX

glryder98
01-09-2015, 09:47 PM
With a taller windshield there is a pocket of dead air in front of the driver. A vent removes that dead air pocket and helps circulate the air.

Marauderm
01-09-2015, 09:50 PM
From a physics perspective it does 2 things:
1. Defeats the air bubble caused by the windscreen that results in a back draft up your back side.
2. A little more obvious- gives you ventalation to control your temperature. That bubble mentioned is a swirling eddy of air that keeps air from hitting your front side. The Vent can be opened to allow the right amount of air through to optimize your riding comfort.

bob109
01-10-2015, 06:31 AM
On 80+ degree days its great to have the option of directing some nice fresh air on your face. I had the tall F6B windshield, with vent, installed before taking delivery of my bike. IMHO it was money well spent. At 6'2" I can easily adjust air flow to my chest or face. The vent flap is well designed and has several detent positions for adjustment:icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
01-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Would not leave home with out it....

Deer Slayer
01-10-2015, 12:10 PM
You will love the vent in hot ass Georgia. "Fyre2':cheers:

bobbyf6b
01-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Also if you use a windshield that's short enough to see over, the vent will greatly reduce wind buffeting on your head.

sksfox
01-11-2015, 06:53 PM
Thanx That is kinda what I thought:icon_biggrin:
From a physics perspective it does 2 things:
1. Defeats the air bubble caused by the windscreen that results in a back draft up your back side.
2. A little more obvious- gives you ventalation to control your temperature. That bubble mentioned is a swirling eddy of air that keeps air from hitting your front side. The Vent can be opened to allow the right amount of air through to optimize your riding comfort.

sksfox
01-11-2015, 06:58 PM
Thanks for all the feed back
The bike Iam getting has 2 windshields (1) 2" shorter thank stock an stock. @ 5 ft 7" I guess I will figure out which one will work the best?
Thanks again for all who posted your feed back.

Fla_rider
01-12-2015, 11:04 AM
It's all a bout the Bass!

No it's not about height as much as it is about sitting height. At 5'7" I have the tallest Clearview shield with a vent, and the vent surely helps. I also use Baker shields under my mirrors to deflect or direct wind. :clap2: