PDA

View Full Version : Rivco Aero Peg Update

Grimster
07-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Hello,

My name is John and I am the vice president at Rivco Products. l wanted to give everyone am update on the Aero Pegs. We had a machine go down so that delayed our original delivery date but we are back up and have our machinists on overtime until these are completed. The first two components are done and we are on the last one now. We will be sending them out for anodizing & plating this coming Friday. Silver and black anodized pegs should be shipping by July 19th and the chrome one by July 31st.

I apologize to any of you that have their Aero Pegs on back order and thank you for your patience. I am not on here to sell you anything and welcome any questions, concerns or comments. If any of you are at Wing Ding this week stop in and introdrduce yourself, we are located in booth 700.

Thank you,

John Grimme
262-342-9001
jgrimme@rivcoproducts.com

BLACKBETTY12
07-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the update John!

BillyDaFinn
07-02-2013, 01:45 PM
John, thanks for having someone give me a call yesterday, it's nice not to be left hanging and wondering what the delay is.

bobbyf6b
07-02-2013, 11:03 PM
With that kind of customer service, I want some even more now! :biggthumpup:

yellowskeeter1
07-03-2013, 01:09 PM
I want a set but want to see how the feel. If anyone in Houston are gets a set let me know by PM. Thanks

Grimster
07-23-2013, 09:58 AM
I just got confirmation that the truck picked up the Aero Pegs from being anodized and should be delivered today. Our assembly department has been instructed to start packaging them as soon as they are finished being inspected. All orders should ship on Wednesday. I really appreciate everyone'e patience and understanding!

We have some other ideas in the works but need to get a bike back in here to make some measurements. I will provide some updates as we move forward.

John

BillyDaFinn
07-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Sweet! Looking forward to gettin my new pegs. Thanks for the updates John.

F6B-RICH
07-23-2013, 08:50 PM
I just got confirmation that the truck picked up the Aero Pegs from being anodized and should be delivered today. Our assembly department has been instructed to start packaging them as soon as they are finished being inspected. All orders should ship on Wednesday. I really appreciate everyone'e patience and understanding!

We have some other ideas in the works but need to get a bike back in here to make some measurements. I will provide some updates as we move forward.

John

Thanks for the update ordered a set last week was wondering what happened. :clap2:

Darkknight
07-24-2013, 04:34 AM
I recieved a response from John on Sunday Morning at 7:50 AM EST saying that he expected the truck to get them and then he could say for sure when they would ship.
It says alot about an executive that will take the time to comunicate to his customers emails on his / her day off.
These pegs are just about the last accessory I need before my trip to Maine.:clap2: Very happy that they are on the way. Can't wait to install them.

And although I could probably use it, I'm not going to Maine for 2 weeks of "Accessory Rehab".
:lolup:

daleglide
07-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Does anyone have any idea how durable this product is? I mean the bolts go onto the cylinder heads right? I'm putting how many pounds of pressure on them. Don't get me wrong, I love the looks and function ot these pegs, I would like to how much research went into the development this product?

GiddyupF6B
07-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Does anyone have any idea how durable this product is? I mean the bolts go onto the cylinder heads right? I'm putting how many pounds of pressure on them. Don't get me wrong, I love the looks and function ot these pegs, I would like to how much research went into the development this product?

Pm the op of this thread. This is a video of a man putting his full weight on a set of these demonstrating how strong the set up is.

Phantom
07-24-2013, 02:46 PM

They have been around for at least 6-7 years. The original design was sold to many Goldwing owners by the Inventor until there was a dispute between the Inventor and his first production facility. The pegs went into hibernation for 4 years until last year when RIVCO and the Inventor decided to produce them once again with some minor tweaking.

We know of only ONE incident where someone had the pegs extended on their Goldwing , I don't recall the exact scenario but I believe that the Goldwing was being lifted on a motorcycle lift, the bike FELL over on to its side and cracked the cylinder head, if the bike had rolled forward as it was falling on the peg, the peg would have closed itself.

It connects to the center Honda accent. It is engineered to hold much more weight than what you will put on them under normal riding.

Grimster
07-24-2013, 03:04 PM

i posted a video of the owner standing on the pegs and a picture of the bike laying on the peg.
Let me know if you have any questions.

John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZQzJMM5BGE

daleglide
07-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Great feedback, thanks. Now does anyone have them on their F6B?

lawndart
07-24-2013, 05:43 PM
I should have some soon, just got the UPS tracking info today.:clap2::yes:

F6B-RICH
07-24-2013, 08:37 PM
I should have some soon, just got the UPS tracking info today.:clap2::yes:

Me to :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

RoughRider
07-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Besides Aero pegs, what other pegs are you guys would recommend and where to buy them?

Cool Hand Luke
07-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Great feedback, thanks. Now does anyone have them on their F6B?

Check out this thread for mine:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?39-RIVCO-Products

BillyDaFinn
07-29-2013, 07:18 PM
UPS dropped off my Aero pegs today, they are like works of art, absolutely beautiful. Hope to find some time this week to install them.

GiddyupF6B
07-29-2013, 08:38 PM
Mine will be here Thursday! John from Rivco has been so helpful to me with these pegs. He even went as far as to go to the house of a customer who had these installed, moved the pegs forward, and took a picture with himself on the bike so I could see the peg position since him and I are almost the exact same build. That's customer service!

F6B-RICH
07-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Got my pegs today and the install was very easy.Great looking and work great. :thumb:

Darkknight
07-30-2013, 06:02 AM
Well I got my pegs yesterday.:clap2:
They took 7-10 minutes to remove the chrome plate and install the new pegs. The bike needs to be washed then I'll post some pictures.:icon_biggrin:
I noticed in bright sunlight that my Rivco Pegs have a Purple tint to them. It's not noticable until it is installed next to the black valve covers. Still nice units.

paolo305
07-30-2013, 07:26 AM
Got my pegs today and the install was very easy.Great looking and work great. :thumb:

How tall are you?

Darkknight
07-30-2013, 08:31 AM
I know you were talking to F6B Rich...
But I'm 5' 10" and have the pegs at the nearest setting. I possibly could set it one notch forward but for now this is fine.

F6B-RICH
07-30-2013, 11:49 PM
How tall are you?

6' 2" :icon_razz:

paolo305
07-31-2013, 11:09 AM
6' 2" :icon_razz:

perfect me to your happy with them riding I am about to order a set

F6B-RICH
07-31-2013, 12:01 PM
perfect me to your happy with them riding I am about to order a set

Yes very happy with them :icon_biggrin:

Fluegs
08-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Yes very happy with them :icon_biggrin:

Has anyone else gotten their order? I have not heard anything about mine shipping and wondered if everyone but me had gotten theirs.

F6B-RICH
08-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Has anyone else gotten thier order? I have not heard anything about mine shipping and wondered if everyone but me had gotten thiers.

You should get a e-mail when they are shipped.If you got nothing just give them a call.

F6B-RICH
08-05-2013, 09:33 AM
My pegs installed :icon_biggrin:

Memphian
08-05-2013, 08:41 PM
My pegs installed :icon_biggrin:

Awesome....love the black pegs.

bobbyf6b
08-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Those look amazing! Every time I ride my bike I stick my legs out and pretend I have them. I need to quit pretending.

BillyDaFinn
08-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Installed mine last Saturday, took a 300 mile cruz, made a great ride even better.

Fluegs
08-05-2013, 10:53 PM
You should get a e-mail when they are shipped.If you got nothing just give them a call.

I spoke with them today, and it seems they lost my order. Hopefully we will get it worked out tomorrow.

Fluegs
08-07-2013, 09:10 PM
I think we got it figured out! I got a pm from John but he was unable to locate any evidence of an order by me. I asked that the charges of 7-2-13 to me be credited back to my card. Of course he was reluctant to do this without anything in their system showing I had placed an order. So the burden of proof fell to me, and I faxed a copy of my invoice showing that Rivco had charged my card for the full amount of the product.
The next morning (yesterday) I got an email from Johns assistant explaining that they had two systems that did not talk to each other and although I was charged for the product, the order was not entered into the other system to complete the order. She did offer a discount on the pegs, but the adjusted cost did not come close to the competitors product that I had contemplated prior to my Rivco purchase.
So I have decided to not take the Rivco product and evaluate the choices on the market again.
If anyone has ordered product from Rivco and was not gotten a shipping notice within a reasonable time, I advise you to contact them.

Fluegs
08-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Sorry, forgot to say that I will be getting a credit to my card for the full amount in a week to 10 days.

F6B-RICH
08-08-2013, 09:22 AM
I think we got it figured out! I got a pm from John but he was unable to locate any evidence of an order by me. I asked that the charges of 7-2-13 to me be credited back to my card. Of course he was reluctant to do this without anything in their system showing I had placed an order. So the burden of proof fell to me, and I faxed a copy of my invoice showing that Rivco had charged my card for the full amount of the product.
The next morning (yesterday) I got an email from Johns assistant explaining that they had two systems that did not talk to each other and although I was charged for the product, the order was not entered into the other system to complete the order. She did offer a discount on the pegs, but the adjusted cost did not come close to the competitors product that I had contemplated prior to my Rivco purchase.
So I have decided to not take the Rivco product and evaluate the choices on the market again.
If anyone has ordered product from Rivco and was not gotten a shipping notice within a reasonable time, I advise you to contact them.

Sorry to hear you had that problem with Rivco :icon_frown: Hopefully you will find some other pegs you will be happy with :icon_biggrin:

Chaz
08-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Received mine last week. Another check mark in the "wow" box for the F6b. You will not be disappointed

Bruce B
08-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Recieved mine on Monday. Ordered online and they were shipped promptly. I've got a 30-31 inch inseam. Installed the pegs in the mid position and put about 100 miles on them. Found that I liked them fine but do prefer the most rearward position. It took just a very few minutes to make the change. I'm happy with both the quality and the functionality of the pegs. :icon_biggrin: