PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU

bob109
01-11-2015, 09:40 PM
Double Darksider Front Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 130/70-18 Bias 40/41 psi...........Rear General G-Max 195/55-R16 non-runflat 40/43 psi

Both tire provide excellent handling in dry/rain conditions. Ax currently has 10K miles of service with minimal wear. Max has 24.8K miles service. Anticipate 26K from Max and 28/30K miles from Ax.

Limoles
01-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Double Darksider Front Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 130/70-18 Bias 40/41 psi...........Rear General G-Max 195/55-R16 non-runflat 40/43 psi

Both tire provide excellent handling in dry/rain conditions. Ax currently has 10K miles of service with minimal wear. Max has 24.8K miles service. Anticipate 26K from Max and 28/30K miles from Ax.

Power of knowledge vs. experimental "projects" :

https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00786279/document

Steve 0080
01-11-2015, 10:39 PM
............................ no, it's not worth it. Done.

bob109
01-11-2015, 11:09 PM
Power of knowledge vs. experimental "projects" :

https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00786279/document

Knowing the difference between the Crotch Rocket depicted on the book cover and a Heavy Cruiser would imply you are trying to mix apples and oranges. Since you have introduced the "Power Of Knowledge" would you be kind enough to quote where Heavy Cruisers have the same handling characteristics as a Rice Burner. Will you provide any info on the 350+ lb. weight difference and the impact on tires and handling between two distinctly different machines. Please provide any knowledge of suspension differences along with rake and trail on the front ends.

Like the Chicken and the Egg! Which came first! To have any advancement in forward thinking some folks like to take risk. Risk requires Experimental Projects which provide demonstrated results, good or bad! Therein lies Wisdom and Knowledge:icon_wink: However, as with life, some folks prefer to stick with the "Missionary Position" and never deviate. From Cradle to Grave they will never stray from the expected norm. How sad:039:

Limoles
01-11-2015, 11:27 PM
Lets read KAMA SUTRA now ... in total DARKNESS ...

Scotrod
01-12-2015, 10:12 AM
They've always said Extraterrestrials were living amongst us,,,

'Hiding in plain sight', so to speak,,,

Actually, they're a pretty good bunch overall, but I think they've 'dropped their guard' a little bit lately, and I think I've finally figured out how to distinguish their tell-tale signs,,,

For starters,,,, An example of 'hiding in plain sight',,,,,, Their chosen 'Leader/Mascot' is a space traveler himself!!! The decorate their 'earth vehicles' with an image in his honor!!!

Yep,,, I'm afraid it's true,,,, Wanna see an Alien? Just look for a CT on their MC,,,

So,,, Why can't they run MT's like the rest of the Humans to blend in/not blow their cover??? You see,,,, once you've been to 'Seatofyourpantius', you're forever changed.

(I'm thinkin it has something to do with a unique cosmic radiation emanating from the 'Seatofyourpantius' zone, but I can't be sure,,,)

Limoles
01-12-2015, 01:05 PM
If you want to see a BLACK hole , just look in the direction of "Seatofyourpantius" ( ? ) constellation. That's the center of the Spinning Zone and there's a raging black hole at the very center of that constellation that holds all these Aliens together. You are in . We can see you . Don't hide or escape anywhere . Just mount any DARK truck tire to the front , pump the air to the max and fly . It doesn't matter where you going , what you can see , what you feel , or what could learn , because the chances are , it will get you to uniquely received experience . Don't say anybody I've sent you up there .

glryder98
01-13-2015, 01:40 PM
I may not be an alien but I am a darksider. I have just 3 questions to all the naysayers. How is it that you can come up with all of the reasons why you THINK you shouldn't run a ct on a motorcycle? If you have never ridden a bike with a ct on it. How can you say what is safe and what is not? How can you have an opinion with no knowledge of riding a motorcycle with a ct other than what other non darksiders have said? I may think your an idiot but don't open your mouth and prove it to me.

:soapbox:

bob109
01-13-2015, 03:58 PM
If you want to see a BLACK hole , just look in the direction of "Seatofyourpantius" ( ? ) constellation. That's the center of the Spinning Zone and there's a raging black hole at the very center of that constellation that holds all these Aliens together. You are in . We can see you . Don't hide or escape anywhere . Just mount any DARK truck tire to the front , pump the air to the max and fly . It doesn't matter where you going , what you can see , what you feel , or what could learn , because the chances are , it will get you to uniquely received experience . Don't say anybody I've sent you up there .

Les....Les....Les......Thank you, Thank you and Thank you! Once again by means of your very own informative posts you demonstrate a lack of knowledge regarding the Darkside. Your continuous "negative comments regarding the The Darkside Experience and those Darksiders who choose, by their own will, to deviate from what you believe is the norm demonstrates your rudeness to folks on this DS Forum. By your own actions you appear to take great pride belittling those who, in all truthfulness, out shine you in their manners and ability not to diminish the character of those who choose not to use a Car Tire. You, on the other hand, really and truly haven't earned respect so lets set the record straight. A person who wants to boast of his high intelligence and make his presence known by practicing the virtue/art of "making others look bad so you/he looks good" is as noticeable to all forum members as it should be to you. You have, to date, demonstrated a uncanny ability to engage you mandible before engaging the contents of your cranium. On a public forum you have chosen to humiliate yourself by the content of extremely rude and condescending posts. You purposely "twist" DS information to ensure others are humiliated and scorned by misconstruing the facts i.e. "Just mount any DARK truck tire to the front"! Your words, not mine. So how should we have it Les? You can continue with your posts of pure gibberish and condescending remarks regarding the Darkside or you can continue your comedy show by jumping on a plane and flying from AC to Vegas and get in the line for unemployed comedians. With the comedy you've provided on this forum you should have little trouble in finding you place in line. It should be at the very end. If I have missed anything please let me know. If you find this post rude or discourteous so be it. I'm only trying to emulate you:039:

Limoles
01-13-2015, 11:30 PM
I'm glad you've found my sarcastic tone , which was not exactly pointed at you , but since you received it as a personal blow and feel like a wounded bull , so let it be . I don't really care about anybodies habitual old school experiments . Having master degree in automotive engineering , I possesed more expertise and valuable knowledge of technology , than your limited capacity of any rational thinking can absorb . Having said so , I'm not in position to advise you or others to use any tires , but strongly recommended to get familiar with available popular/scientific materials , which you rejected , or maybe were to smart for you . In the same time I love to act like a clown , which makes my life easier and funnier . Do not ask me , why I feel sorry for you and why I shouldn't respond to your arrogant messages in similarly primitive way ? If I'll try to act like you do , or catch the same level of discussion , it could brake my standards of progressive thinking . Simply let you go.

Limoles
01-13-2015, 11:54 PM
I may not be an alien but I am a darksider. I have just 3 questions to all the naysayers. How is it that you can come up with all of the reasons why you THINK you shouldn't run a ct on a motorcycle? If you have never ridden a bike with a ct on it. How can you say what is safe and what is not? How can you have an opinion with no knowledge of riding a motorcycle with a ct other than what other non darksiders have said? I may think your an idiot but don't open your mouth and prove it to me.

:soapbox:

If you are so eager to learn and answer to your own questions ( without calling yourself "an idiot" ) , simply buy or borrow from the nearest library fantastic book , written by Vittore Cossalter "MOTORCYCLE DYNAMICS" . I believe it will help you.
(you may get lucky and get Second Edition , explaining differences between front and rear motorcycle tire and related SAFETY)
I can provide many more titles of great techno books to read ... ( if of course be interested in them at all ? ).

bob109
01-14-2015, 03:19 AM
I'm glad you've found my sarcastic tone , which was not exactly pointed at you , but since you received it as a personal blow and feel like a wounded bull , so let it be . I don't really care about anybodies habitual old school experiments . Having master degree in automotive engineering , I possesed more expertise and valuable knowledge of technology , than your limited capacity of any rational thinking can absorb . Having said so , I'm not in position to advise you or others to use any tires , but strongly recommended to get familiar with available popular/scientific materials , which you rejected , or maybe were to smart for you . In the same time I love to act like a clown , which makes my life easier and funnier . Do not ask me , why I feel sorry for you and why I shouldn't respond to your arrogant messages in similarly primitive way ? If I try to act like you do , or catch the same level of discussion , it could brake my standards of progressive thinking . Simply let you go.

Les thank you once again, especially for playing the educational superiority card. Its apparent that you deem a B.S. in Automotive Engineering is license to be obnoxious to others. This is a public forum which has folks much smarter than you. You fail to realize that. I'de like to remind you that Automotive Engineers designed the Pinto, the current ignition switches for GM, and the exploding fragmenting air bags used by numerous auto manufactures. As you should be aware, all of those devices were "occupant killers". Forgive me for not recognizing you as a "self annointed genius". I really do have a problem with bloated egos. In closing I love humor and like to clown around myself. Levity can be a stress reducer and provide food for the soul. It, however, should never be done at the expense of others.

Regards

bob109

Jimmytee
01-14-2015, 06:15 AM
This is one of my many friends who choose to ride Darkside. Jus' sayn' :shhh:

Jimmytee
01-14-2015, 06:27 AM
Evidently that Masters didn't include English Composition or grammar. swordfight All in good fun. :icon_mrgreen: Sorry, I couldn't resist. I fully recognize that many don't proofread their posts and in a hurry can make mistakes . If using a mobile device, one can often be a victim of auto correct.:icon_doh:

Phantom
01-14-2015, 08:47 AM
Les and Bob ..... Let's just agree to disagree.

You two are neighbors (PA-NJ) , maybe both of you could have lunch.

Bob if you would be so kind, please allow Les to test ride your F6B

:shake2:

Limoles
01-14-2015, 04:38 PM
Les and Bob ..... Let's just agree to disagree.

You two are neighbors (PA-NJ) , maybe both of you could have lunch.

Bob if you would be so kind, please allow Les to test ride your F6B

:shake2:

It would be nobel idea , but it is behind me already . Ones I test rode Valkyrie Interstate , whose owner claimed that he mounted car tires only for one purpose - just to safe money ... to buy more beer . I couldn't follow his philosophy and refused to be stupid . I established good friendship with Kevin Cameron instead ( Editor of the Cycle World magazine ), whose vibrant intelligence and over two decades of specializing in motorcycle performance and engineering , increased my life time commitment in studies of physics and formulas of mobility . Why should I trade it for something else ?

bobbyf6b
01-14-2015, 05:00 PM
"darth/vader2'

shooter
01-18-2015, 11:30 AM
You know guys when you break it down they are both just tires. Rubber , synthetics , nylon. You get it. Thing is my B handles so good with the General and the Michelin I don't see how someone can say its wrong. I'm 56 and been riding since I was 9. Never tried a CT on a bike till 4 months ago. In my experience I think that its better than a MT on the B. Hayabusa , no. Big heavy cruiser definitely.

hiflyer
01-18-2015, 06:56 PM
I just read the fine print on the side wall of my car tire. It says:

Mount on a motorcycle at your own risk, somebody will get pissed.

Jimmytee
01-18-2015, 07:17 PM

Really Clark?:icon_lol:

smokinjoe187
03-29-2015, 02:30 AM

to funny

Cool Hand Luke
03-29-2015, 06:27 AM
This is one of my many friends who choose to ride Darkside. Jus' sayn' :shhh:

http://youtu.be/TLeOSOe4GmQ