PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder repair

Deer Slayer
01-17-2015, 06:25 PM
Well, it's time to repair my left shoulder damaged from my two deer killing adventures. Will be mending "Disorders of bursae and tendons in the left shoulder region". Flo is under cover with fuel conditioner in the tank for 4 to 6 weeks. (I will try to do better.) Will be ready for Daytona. :039::cheers:10614:022:

Hornblower
01-17-2015, 07:21 PM
Oh boy :041:, now's my chance to catch up with your mileage :poke:

Deer Slayer
01-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Oh boy :041:, now's my chance to catch up with your mileage :poke:

Ha, I have to put your bracket on first!:icon_doh:

Hornblower
01-17-2015, 07:51 PM
Of course, nobody besides us knows what you're talking about. My buddy DS has fabricated mounting brackets to replace our OEM radio antennas with CB antennas. The original radio antenna will be hidden under the rear deck and a 2' CB antenna will take it's place. Pics to follow in a few days assuming DS will come up with my bracket :shrug:

Steve 0080
01-17-2015, 09:00 PM
Good Luck !!!!!

zeus661
01-17-2015, 09:01 PM
That is probably a surgery I will be having in the next few years. Just had ACL and meniscus repair surgery in late November. Still healing and off work until about mid March. My bursitus is getting the best of me in both hips and shoulders right now. It is aggravated from another disease I have called Undifferentiated Spondyloarthropathy which attacks the tendons in my body.

bobbyf6b
01-17-2015, 09:05 PM
Good luck on your surgery DS!

Deer Slayer
01-17-2015, 09:32 PM
Of course, nobody besides us knows what you're talking about. My buddy DS has fabricated mounting brackets to replace our OEM radio antennas with CB antennas. The original radio antenna will be hidden under the rear deck and a 2' CB antenna will take it's place. Pics to follow in a few days assuming DS will come up with my bracket :shrug:

Assembly on da bench!:shock::woohoo:

Deer Slayer
01-18-2015, 08:40 AM
That is probably a surgery I will be having in the next few years. Just had ACL and meniscus repair surgery in late November. Still healing and off work until about mid March. My bursitus is getting the best of me in both hips and shoulders right now. It is aggravated from another disease I have called Undifferentiated Spondyloarthropathy which attacks the tendons in my body.

I hope you do well. I am attempting to drop some more weight to help my joint problems. It will make my F6B performance better.:yikes::cheers:

kcmike
01-18-2015, 04:54 PM
Two rotator cuff tears and counting. Good luck, DS. Don't skimp on the PT afterward--you'll get back what you put in.

53driver
01-18-2015, 08:50 PM
Two rotator cuff tears and counting. Good luck, DS. Don't skimp on the PT afterward--you'll get back what you put in.

Oh yeah - great advice. Get the hottest trainer you can get....you'll work harder, trust me.

kcmike
01-18-2015, 10:00 PM
Oh yeah - great advice. Get the hottest trainer you can get....you'll work harder, trust me.

Ha ha!! Even BETTER advice! Hey, ya have to have motivation, right? LOL

Deer Slayer
01-19-2015, 12:13 AM

Thanks for the info. You are spot on. I have had both knees reworked. I still walk around 12 miles a week. I should make Daytona. See ya.:cheers:

vstar09
01-19-2015, 12:36 AM
I feel your pain ...been there rotator cuff.....Hit the PT hard...the harder you work it the better it will get....Takes awhile but if you work it you will feel much better...Best of luck

Deer Slayer
01-20-2015, 05:34 PM
Thanks for all the good words. I will be checking back in after tomorrow. :039::cheers:

firetech
01-23-2015, 12:25 AM
Thoughts and prayers to Deer Slayer.
Get well soon. See you in Daytona.

Deer Slayer
01-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Shoulder repair is complete. 3 diffrent procedures were performed and is held immobile by a big shoulder rig thingie. P T has been delayed to allow some healing. For now not a lot of pain. See Ya'll. :039:

Steve 0080
01-23-2015, 12:16 PM
Pills..........Where are the PILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck it will be better soon !!!

Deer Slayer
01-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Pills..........Where are the PILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck it will be better soon !!!

Ya man! Got da good stuff!"batsmiley"happygirl:cheers:

hiflyer
01-23-2015, 10:35 PM
Get well soon!!

Navvet
01-24-2015, 08:29 AM
Shoulder repair is complete. 3 diffrent procedures were performed and is held immobile by a big shoulder rig thingie. P T has been delayed to allow some healing. For now not a lot of pain. See Ya'll. :039:

OK Slayer, now we are both in the same boat.
The docs stuck a knife in my navel and proceeded to cut upwards for several inches.
Lots of staples later, and my hernia is "fixed", as long as I don't over exert myself for the next few months.

I am limited to picking up 10lbs for the next 4 weeks.

Going to make it hard to get the wife's bike and mine on the stands to tinker with them.....

Deer Slayer
01-24-2015, 11:10 AM
OK Slayer, now we are both in the same boat.
The docs stuck a knife in my navel and proceeded to cut upwards for several inches.
Lots of staples later, and my hernia is "fixed", as long as I don't over exert myself for the next few months.

I am limited to picking up 10lbs for the next 4 weeks.

Going to make it hard to get the wife's bike and mine on the stands to tinker with them.....

NAVVET, mend well old friend. :cheers:

53driver
01-24-2015, 05:07 PM

Glad it went as advertised. The only shoulder rig I enjoy wearing has a "lead dispenser" in it.
Heal quickly.
Don't over do it.
We are not 38 years old anymore.....
Cheers!