PDA

View Full Version : I am NOT talking about pressure washing but...

zeus661
01-18-2015, 09:15 AM
Is it safe to wash down the F6B with a garden hose and sprayer? I read often about guys who never wash their bikes and they just wipe them down with this or that. I used to wash down my Valk using a car wash spray that really spray more soap suds than water. Then I would use a wash mit and rinse. I would then dry with an air compressor.

I am wondering about around the radio controls, dash, and speakers?

er.medic
01-18-2015, 09:37 AM
I have always washed my Goldwings with water from a hose. And I don't just mist it, I soak it. Then I dry it with a leaf blower. I have never had a problem with any of the controls. Some say that using compressed air will force water into the controls. They may be right, but I have never had a problem.

Steve 0080
01-18-2015, 09:43 AM
These bikes are water tested during the initial phase of pre-production...no worries .... but no pressure on the body panels...Wheels, OK

Sorcerer
01-18-2015, 09:50 AM
The bike was made to ride in rain. A little soap and water will not hurt it. When I wash any control area I use a fine mist to wet and rinse.

DaWadd
01-18-2015, 10:23 AM
Garden hose/nozzle and washmitt and bucket. I'm just more careful around the dash and switches.

FF-Ed
01-19-2015, 12:51 AM
I ride mine in the rain at plus 80mph. Still has all the paint on it.

wash it with a garden hose with steamy hot water,,, it is still shiney.

wipe it down and dry it with a micro fiber towel, and its not scratched at all.

I'm riding it now with salt on the road, BFD.. rinse it off it's fine.

If you bought it to ride, RIDE IT.

If you purchased it for your museum, well then that's another story

bob109
01-19-2015, 07:32 PM
Garden hose/nozzle and washmitt and bucket. I'm just more careful around the dash and switches.

+1 Wet the bike down with the hose! I use Dish Washing Detergent and a Micro Fiber Wash Mitt and double wash the entire bike and rinse it throughly. Grab the Leaf Blower and go over the all the controls and dash and finish up with a Cotton Terry Towel. Every third wash I direct a water stream into both radiators, Gets rid of all the bugs, small leafs and other debris. Between washings I make it a point to use compressed air to clean out nooks and cranny's and again pay close attention to the both radiators.

53driver
01-19-2015, 08:00 PM
+1 Wet the bike down with the hose! I use Dish Washing Detergent and a Micro Fiber Wash Mitt and double wash the entire bike and rinse it throughly. Grab the Leaf Blower and go over the all the controls and dash and finish up with a Cotton Terry Towel. Every third wash I direct a water stream into both radiators, Gets rid of all the bugs, small leafs and other debris. Between washings I make it a point to use compressed air to clean out nooks and cranny's and again pay close attention to the both radiators.

I'm bringing my bike to your house.....110 miles each way to see another F6B owner? No sweat!

er.medic
01-19-2015, 10:35 PM

Don't you worry that dishwashing detergent will strip whatever wax you have on your paint?

bob109
01-19-2015, 11:52 PM
Don't you worry that dishwashing detergent will strip whatever wax you have on your paint?

I have several coats of "Liquid Glass" on the painted surfaces. The directions on the container state, very clearly, that if any paint work be needed you can remove the LG with 0000 steel wool and paint thiner. LG is some pretty tough shit. It is a "Polymer" and not a Wax. Best product you can use. Works on fiberglass, paint etc. Do a search. Many folks on this forum "swear by it":icon_biggrin:

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEV71P371UD2cAcsgPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTEzMW0yNTZ kBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1lIUzAwMV8x/RV=2/RE=1421758416/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.liquidglasspolish.com%2f/RK=0/RS=AZyEvN1FSm3dKt7wu1C8pfiWLo8-

edgeman55
01-20-2015, 01:26 PM
I have several coats of "Liquid Glass" on the painted surfaces. The directions on the container state, very clearly, that if any paint work be needed you can remove the LG with 0000 steel wool and paint thiner. LG is some pretty tough shit. It is a "Polymer" and not a Wax. Best product you can use. Works on fiberglass, paint etc. Do a search. Many folks on this forum "swear by it":icon_biggrin:

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEV71P371UD2cAcsgPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTEzMW0yNTZ kBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1lIUzAwMV8x/RV=2/RE=1421758416/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.liquidglasspolish.com%2f/RK=0/RS=AZyEvN1FSm3dKt7wu1C8pfiWLo8-

+1 Last week I washed my baby with there wash and then put on the pre conditioner.After that a couple of coats of Liquid Glass.All there products were very easy to work with and man what a shine-it does look like she has a coat of glass on her.I plan to put a few more coats on before spring as they state the more coats the better.:yes:Big thumbs up to help improve the look of Hondas crap Black paint.

bobbyf6b
01-20-2015, 02:40 PM
+1 Last week I washed my baby with there wash and then put on the pre conditioner.After that a couple of coats of Liquid Glass.All there products were very easy to work with and man what a shine-it does look like she has a coat of glass on her.I plan to put a few more coats on before spring as they state the more coats the better.:yes:Big thumbs up to help improve the look of Hondas crap Black paint.

Ditto!