PDA

View Full Version : The neighbours are out

cosborn
01-19-2015, 04:15 PM
The locals came out to watch me and wonder what i was doing walking through their neighbourhood this morning at 0530. Often see up to 80 residents on my 6k walk

Chris

Denisr
01-19-2015, 04:19 PM
Great on a walk, not so good when riding.

Steve 0080
01-19-2015, 09:23 PM
Cool.......

sshake1905
01-19-2015, 10:26 PM
Hey, Cosburn.....have always wondered.....are the wild roos and wallabies along the roadways a safety threat, especially to cyclists and motorcyclists, in any areas of Australia ???:shrug:

or do they pretty much stay away from most roads?? Just had to ask....Shaker:yes:

Big Jay
01-20-2015, 12:00 AM
Well those are the biggest jack rabbits I ever did see . :icon_wink:

Limoles
01-20-2015, 01:14 AM
If you have similar protection against these "rabbits" , you can go fast on any highway .
When I was in Australia , I've seen most of the "Road Trains" equipped with huge front bars .

ps.
Do not try to install them on any of your bikes ( unless one will try to amuse us with "another project" )

cosborn
01-20-2015, 02:32 AM
Hey, Cosburn.....have always wondered.....are the wild roos and wallabies along the roadways a safety threat, especially to cyclists and motorcyclists, in any areas of Australia ???:shrug:

or do they pretty much stay away from most roads?? Just had to ask....Shaker:yes:

Nope, they are likely to jump out in front of you especially at dawn and dusk. Add to those camels and water buffaloes if you live in the outback which is commonly termed the GAFA "The Great Australian F#$# All"

Most of our country roads are littered with roos and wombats which you don't want to hit, they can destroy your car, let alone your bike)

Chris

cosborn
01-20-2015, 02:33 AM
If you have similar protection against these "rabbits" , you can go fast on any highway .
When I was in Australia , I've seen most of the "Road Trains" equipped with huge front bars .

ps.
Do not try to install them on any of your bikes ( unless one will try to amuse us with "another project" )

Never go anywhere without a roo bar

Chris