PDA

View Full Version : WTF are wrong with people today

tiny0452
01-19-2015, 10:58 PM
So get this....

My wife and I are at Walmart to pick up a few things and when we come out we find a family of tourists taking turns sitting on my F6B Trike for photo opps....

Needless to say I am pissed.....

has this ever happened to anyone else?:icon_evil::icon_doh::banghead:

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-19-2015, 11:14 PM
Aaah, at least they have good taste in a photo op.
I'd a killed em all though..J/K
J

Steve 0080
01-19-2015, 11:48 PM
I saw it once with my BILaw's bike..pretty funny...they guy will NEVER do that again !!!

Kurare79
01-19-2015, 11:53 PM
Ouch :shock: Mommy always told me: Look with your eyes, not with your hands!

Limoles
01-20-2015, 01:27 AM
Do you think it could happened on Neiman-Marcus , or Nordstrom parking lot ?

Deer Slayer
01-20-2015, 07:05 AM
Do you think it could happened on Neiman-Marcus , or Nordstrom parking lot ?

Walmartians!:yikes: Run!

DaWadd
01-20-2015, 08:21 AM
That's just down right rude. Look but don't touch. I would have flipped out.

GNW
01-20-2015, 08:25 AM
Such has happened to me through the years.
Just clean off a spot and have a fit !!
You can't fix stupid !!
Some people have no concept.

Phantom
01-20-2015, 08:34 AM
So get this....

My wife and I are at Walmart to pick up a few things and when we come out we find a family of tourists taking turns sitting on my F6B Trike for photo opps....

:no::icon_cool:

10 years ago that happened to me the first time I parked my original T-rex Trike in front of the Kawasaki dealership that was going to do the 500 mile service on the Ninja engine. I walked outside and there was a lady sitting in my trike playing with the steering wheel, I asked her immediately What The F**K are you doing in another persons vehicle without permission? She was dumb founded. I asked her how she would feel if i just jumped in her car without her permission, she had no answer.

When I leave the trike un-attended,
I now place a 8 x 11 laminated sign on the seat that says ...
Please feel free to look, dream and enjoy ... but ...
DO NOT TOUCH !!! Warning, driver carries $20 worth of ammo.

The sign works :icon_wink:

GNW
01-20-2015, 08:35 AM
Once upon a time I had a brand new 87 Concours and we were parked at a DQ. Woman with young boy and the boy has a hula-hoop in motion right by the bike. I could have shit right there watching out the window. Go outside to have a little chat about it and she immediately tells me that " It's just a motorcycle and to get over it". Can't even talk about it after that !!

chipmaker
01-20-2015, 09:59 AM
These are the same assholes who will shit on you if their kid gets burned by the hot pipe.

Amipro
01-20-2015, 10:39 AM
Never under estimate the level of human ignorance... especially at "Wally World"!

:shrug::cus:

Limoles
01-20-2015, 11:23 AM
Never under estimate the level of human ignorance... especially at "Wally World"!

:shrug::cus:

... but , isn't that ignorance spread beyond its WALLS already , which we witness almost everywhere ?

Mastergunny
01-20-2015, 12:42 PM
Just take your handgun out of the center cubby and advise them that you usually shoot people that touch your bike. :shhh:

Westernbiker
01-20-2015, 12:44 PM
So get this....

I am curious as to what you said.
JERKS!

Navvet
01-20-2015, 01:09 PM
So get this....

That is the main reason I have an alarm system with proximity sensor on all my bikes. If anyone get within touching distance it gives 3 loud chirps.... If they don't back off, then a series of fast chirps followed by the alarm (and a message to my pager).

The system works great and keeps people back from our bikes.

edgeman55
01-20-2015, 01:42 PM
The more people I meet at Walmart the more I love my dog.:icon_rolleyes:

Trike lady
01-20-2015, 01:43 PM
I put the half cover over the trike when parked, it did two things: 1. It kept the seat from getting hot & 2. People from sitting on it.
There are dim-wits out there. You should have asked them where their cars were and asked if you could sit in them.

bobbyf6b
01-20-2015, 02:26 PM
Get a Cycle Shade. I use mine whenever I park in public.

http://www.cycleshade.com

MarcPW
01-20-2015, 08:43 PM
In 1991 I travelled to Prague, the Czech Republic (still called Czechoslovakia then). First day, just to be safe, I covered my GW1500, red burgundy and gold color chrome and accessories. No one even lifted the cover. Next day, Venceslas Place, left it "naked" for everyone to see. Came back an hour later, about 30 people arround, many just crouching to let other watch, pointing at items or parts of the bike, with NO ONE even touching it. Great people ! Had a chit-chat with an much older guy who was vearing some pins on his jaquet, one was the "flower of the lily" and when he figured out I was French, he gave it to me straight away. (I only knew maybe 5 words in Czech). So I took him on a short ride as a passenger and he had a smile as large as the avenue on his face. Great memories for me.

gray rider
01-20-2015, 09:24 PM
Years ago I built custom bikes as a side line income. I had completed a very extensive 2 year build and a friend and I rode our custom bikes to the local hangout for show and tell. We parked, went in and got our drinks going out into the corral where we were a few feet from the parked bikes. A guy was sitting side saddle on my just completed custom using my still hot handmade exhaust system as a footrest. I nearly had a stroke. My buddy, who was an ex marine and a prison guard, vaulted the fence picked the guy off my bike and hurled him 10 feet into the middle of the street. The guy got up and saw us both coming and ran for his life. He got away down a river bank. The exhaust had to be stripped, polished and rechromed. Now I prominently display a well worn 45 auto holster on the bike. Have gun will travel.

cwjj2001
01-20-2015, 09:31 PM
Take a Harley next time and you will eliminate that problem...lol:icon_lol:

bigbird
01-20-2015, 09:35 PM
I've parked my bike numerous times in crowded outdoor locations inundated with walkers and gawkers.
Every time I come back to the bike, there's people around it looking and commenting to each other. Not once has anyone touched it, let alone try to sit on it.
I think a black shiny F6B, with a black shiny half helmet hanging from the bars, with that nasty looking Baggershield deep tint windscreen, is a little too intimidating for someone to touch.
My logic is that they think there is a badass rider nearby who owns that badass looking bike.
That being said, I never have nor likely never will park it at a Walmart.

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-20-2015, 10:00 PM
No question a bad as owns my F6B..j/k, sorta.
I did have a neat experience with a family standing around my bike in a lot. I walked up and said hello. They all immediately began to apologize for gaucking and seemingly getting into my bike space. I almost let myself tilt, but they seemed like nice people. What I learned then was the 5 year old boy was nuts for motorcycles and he was the reason they were looking at the bike. I also found out he had a terminal form of Lukemia and was in God's hands. The mother of this boy asked if it was OK if I'd show him the bike, take some pictures with him on and around the bike.
I said yes, of course, and you can only imagine how this little guy beamed, hanging onto the bars and getting all that attention... I offered to give him a ride but the family insisted they'd taken too much of my time.
I think I shed a tear, but felt honored to give that little ladd a few moments of joy.
J

Limoles
01-21-2015, 12:25 PM
It's impressive - my Brother ! I would do the same . Great example of being decent man . We should love you for that !!!!!!!!

Amipro
01-21-2015, 03:40 PM
That is the main reason I have an alarm system with proximity sensor on all my bikes. If anyone get within touching distance it gives 3 loud chirps.... If they don't back off, then a series of fast chirps followed by the alarm (and a message to my pager).

The system works great and keeps people back from our bikes.

NAVVET, Which alarm system do you have?

taxfree4
01-21-2015, 03:55 PM
Just get a sign to put on the bike saying "Currently being treated for Ebola"

Navvet
01-22-2015, 08:16 AM
NAVVET, Which alarm system do you have?

It was a real tossup for me between the Gorilla and the Scorpio system (http://ridescorpio.com/)but I went with then Scorpio because of the RFID and the perimeter sensors.

Very happy with the product and the customer service.

MarcPW
01-22-2015, 05:34 PM
No question a bad as owns my F6B..j/k, sorta.
I did have a neat experience with a family standing around my bike in a lot. I walked up and said hello. They all immediately began to apologize for gaucking and seemingly getting into my bike space. I almost let myself tilt, but they seemed like nice people. What I learned then was the 5 year old boy was nuts for motorcycles and he was the reason they were looking at the bike. I also found out he had a terminal form of Lukemia and was in God's hands. The mother of this boy asked if it was OK if I'd show him the bike, take some pictures with him on and around the bike.
I said yes, of course, and you can only imagine how this little guy beamed, hanging onto the bars and getting all that attention... I offered to give him a ride but the family insisted they'd taken too much of my time.
I think I shed a tear, but felt honored to give that little ladd a few moments of joy.
J

Bravo ! :cheers: