PDA

View Full Version : 50 state bike?

eaglemike
01-21-2015, 12:49 AM
Hi all,
I'm a potential buyer. I've run several searches here, and can't find the info.
Is the F6B a 50 state bike?
Lots of good deals out of California. The local guys keep trying to add at least $1K of juice on top of reasonable taxes and fees. Seems pretty unreasonable on a 2013 that's been on the floor close to 2 years! I think I could likely get a '14 out of state for less than they want for this 2013 (deluxe) - $19.7K OTD!They are advertising this bike for $16999, so I think they are just a little "unreasonable" - do you agree?
Thanks for your help!
all the best,
Mike

fxdl2051
01-21-2015, 01:14 AM
Look up dealer prices on CycleTrader.com , it will give you a better idea of what the going price is. Take those printouts to the dealer. Honda of Chattanooga has the best prices I've come across nationally, they seem to be the best no BS dealer around.

eaglemike
01-21-2015, 01:21 AM
Thanks - I actually did point out a dealer only 100 miles away that had a better price . The local guys seem to be just useless.

So, does anyone know for sure if these are 50 state?

VP8
01-21-2015, 04:48 AM
A bike purchased in California is considered a 50 state bike due to the strict CARB standards. If you plan to purchase a bike from out of state and register it in CA, it will have to have at least 7500 miles on it for CA to accept it.

eaglemike
01-21-2015, 09:34 AM
I'm aware of the 7500 mile requirement. Some bikes are 50 state legal, like at the street bmw's, for example. So I could buy a new bmw in any state, and legally register in Ca without the 7500 miles on it.

I guess I'll start calling Honda and see if I can get to the right person, or find a dealer out of state willing to take a pic of the emissions sticker.......

CheesyRider
01-21-2015, 11:10 AM
It looks like the F6B is a 50 state bike:

the Gold Wing F6B achieves an emission level that is less than half the level of the 2008 emissions standard (Tier-2) stipulated by the California Air Resource Board (CARB)
http://world.honda.com/GoldWing/F6B/powerunit/

I'd still have a dealer double check the emissions sticker to be certain.

eaglemike
01-21-2015, 06:14 PM
Thanks much for your help by finding that. I've almost sworn off this purchase due to the total flakiness of the local dealers. They just do not seem interested in selling these. They say they will do numbers and call back, then don't follow through...... even when there is a 2 year old bike (about to be old version) sitting on the floor.....
(I'm even one local dealer's largest wholesale customer of parts)

53driver
01-21-2015, 07:43 PM
EagleMike - don't let a flake get in the way of a good time. F6B is an AMAZING scoot.

tinknocker
01-21-2015, 08:08 PM
Yeah I had a local dealer tell me he could give me a deal on a 2013 at $16800 . When I pointed out to him that I was finding them all day long on the interweb for $13999 he still wouldn't budge and it was even early November here in Ohio...well long story short I drive to Maryland and picked one up for $12999. His loss and I still have a great bike.

VP8
01-22-2015, 12:12 AM
EagleMike, contact Brennan at Huntington Beach Honda. He is very knowledgeable about the goldwings/F6B and has purchased hard to find 1800s out of state for his CA customers. The worst case is, they install a O2 sensor on it to make it CA legal.

bobbyf6b
01-22-2015, 10:44 AM
Fly out to Arkansas and ride home a custom one.

I wish I had.

http://www.hondaofrussellville.com

eaglemike
01-22-2015, 08:43 PM
Thanks very much for your suggestions!

Doug44
01-24-2015, 03:15 PM
Thanks much for your help by finding that. I've almost sworn off this purchase due to the total flakiness of the local dealers. They just do not seem interested in selling these. They say they will do numbers and call back, then don't follow through...... even when there is a 2 year old bike (about to be old version) sitting on the floor.....
(I'm even one local dealer's largest wholesale customer of parts)

Well you can plainly see (.)(.) why your local flaky dealers have 2 year old bikes still sitting. Like others are saying buy else where and enjoy a magic carpet ride with the F6b. These bikes are so good and reliable you don't need a dealer after the sale anyway.:clap2: