PDA

View Full Version : Turning iPhone into iPod for onboard music

zeus661
01-22-2015, 03:23 PM
I found out Verizon has a special iPhone upgrade deal going on now. I got a new iPhone 6 Plus for about $60 dollars. Look into the "Edge" program if you talk to them. Anyway I plan on turning my iPhone 5 into an iPod for the bike.

If you are currently using an iPhone to listen to music how does it work for you? I would like to find out before I start buying music.

F6B1911
01-22-2015, 05:04 PM
I found out Verizon has a special iPhone upgrade deal going on now. I got a new iPhone 6 Plus for about $60 dollars. Look into the "Edge" program if you talk to them. Anyway I plan on turning my iPhone 5 into an iPod for the bike.

If you are currently using an iPhone to listen to music how does it work for you? I would like to find out before I start buying music.

Buying Music???
Why do you think God created .MP3 files?
I have an older iPhone that I use for playing iTunes music, works great, especially if you have an iMac and a few utilities to convert music files.

Steve 0080
01-22-2015, 05:12 PM
For $4.50 you have go to Pandora and have WHATEVER you want......( per month )

Watchdog
01-22-2015, 06:55 PM
My IPhone5 sounds great. But I usually use my iPod. I have different music on each. Use the phone for pandora and Sirius.

Fla_rider
01-23-2015, 01:08 PM
Zues- I use a ipod classic in the saddlebag and I use my phone via Bluetooth to the cubby audio jack. This way I have both ipod favorites and everything else from Pandora or iHeart.

zeus661
01-24-2015, 05:44 PM
So how do I install music on the iPhone? Say I have a folder on my computer with about 50 mp3's.

bobbyf6b
01-24-2015, 07:11 PM
So how do I install music on the iPhone? Say I have a folder on my computer with about 50 mp3's.

:icon_google:

Doug44
01-24-2015, 07:40 PM

iTunes. Just log into Apple and iTunes

Old Ryder
01-26-2015, 06:30 AM
I have been using my old IPhone (original) for years now. Free IPod when I upgraded. Just delete all apps, photos or anything taking up space on the hard drive. Frost wire is your friend

terrydj
02-01-2015, 09:45 PM

Download Itunes and then download all your music. When done on the right hand side of the desktop screen you will see some choices like Songs, Albums, Artists pick one and then put what you are looking for in search.

Now make a folder. top left of screen, file, new, folder, then give the folder a name.
Now when all your songs come up like for instance Bruce Springsteen once again top left, Edit, select all then move mouse down onto songs that are then highlighted, right click and it will say add to playlist, click on it and choose playlist. Like magic all the songs are now in that folder.
Or select individual songs by right clicking on them then add to playlist.

A hint, first find a free program that shrinks the Mp3 file size down. I have round 2000 songs on my Iphone 5c