PDA

View Full Version : 960 vs. LED

Fla_rider
01-23-2015, 11:21 AM
960 Driving lights vs. LED are my next purchase most likely before Feb. Which way do I go and why. I drive with High beams on during daylight so the lower lights I would want on too.

Steve 0080
01-23-2015, 12:19 PM
I have a set of square LED's on order from Value Acc..... the 960's to this point are the BEST!!!

Fla_rider
01-23-2015, 12:36 PM
Steve you doing a comparison for the forum?

Steve 0080
01-23-2015, 08:57 PM
I will post a pic when Iget them installed... the 960's can melt the car in front of you !!!!!! The advantage is the "new" ones will "fit" the hole....

typhoon186
01-26-2015, 09:03 AM
The Shark Lights are CRE LEDs. They are less expensive and glue into the front cowling instead of mounting on brackets to the bike. They are a flood light design and not a projector type design which means they don't project light a long distance down the road in front of you but they do a great job of lighting up everything in front of you and around you at a shorter distance. They are great for daytime running lights and very bright white. They normally are on anytime the ignition is on unless you order the optional on/off switch. They now also offer an optional wiring for using their strobe affect. They do a quick 3 pulse strobe/delay/3 pulse strobe when powered up. The strobe is illegal for highway use in most states but I could see it being a safety enhancement when entering a busy intersection or in an emergency.