PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight jackets?

zeus661
01-23-2015, 08:16 PM
I am looking for a thin lightweight armored jacket to wear on warm days. I already have a mesh jacket but would like something wind proof. I would prefer to layer if needed.

Also want one that I can stuff into a saddlebag easily.

Any suggestions?

F6B1911
01-23-2015, 09:13 PM
I am looking for a thin lightweight armored jacket to wear on warm days. I already have a mesh jacket but would like something wind proof. I would prefer to layer if needed.
Also want one that I can stuff into a saddlebag easily.
Any suggestions?

Darn, that's a tough one, you're asking for everything in one package! I wanted the same thing too.
I looked at quite a few jackets that TRIED to fit that bill, when it's too warm for the leather, too warm for the Tourmaster? Really wanted a Motosport, shied away from that due to the price.
I ended up with a Fieldsheer High Temp Mesh Jacket, even though it is a mesh jacket, it covered the lightweight, windproof, and armored parts, yeah, it will fit in the saddlebag without a problem, but doesn't really pickup as small as I'd like. It does have two separate zip liners, with them both zipped out, it packs up nice and small.
Anyway, .... I'm still looking, let me know what you end up with.

Ultra-breathable, highly abrasion resistant Polytitanium mesh with 500 denier Maxtena-Pro in high impact areas
Removable CE-approved armor equipped in the shoulders, elbows, and back
Anatomically fitted for the riding position
Unique FS Matrix two-stage waterproof and breathable liner with Nanomax & Rainguard barrier technology plus insulated liner to suit rider's needs
Reflective Phoslite piping for increased nighttime visibility
Micro fleece padded mandarin collar
Four-step adjustable upper and lower sleeve volume control
Adjustable Velcro waist strap with elasticized panes at hips for added comfort
Gusseted adjustable Velcro wrist cuff
Pockets included: two zipped front hand warmer, one zipped map, one inside Velco and one mobile phone pocket
8" waist zipper and universal snap belt connector to attach to pants

carpdm
01-23-2015, 10:23 PM
I've been using a Cortech by Tourmaster. Zipper vents and zipp out liner. Easily stuffs in saddle bag.

1951vbs
01-23-2015, 10:37 PM
I have it and you can add waterproof to the attributes! Aerostich Roadcrafter City. Lightweight version of the original. Not cheap but the best gear I have found in 39 years and 850,000 miles. Add a pair of AD1 pants and you don't need to stop to put on rain gear....ever. I used all summer long in central Florida and it only gets too hot if you are in traffic in-town. Works great for my commute. Goretex is the key. Breathable, wind proof, waterproof. If you sign up for Aerostich email you can catch a 10-15% special. Check their closeouts if you are on a budget.
http://www.aerostich.com/jackets-pants/roadcrafter/men-s-roadcrafter-classic-city-jacket.html

bobbyf6b
01-23-2015, 10:39 PM
My daily commuter jacket is a Joe Rocket touring/adventure jacket with a zip out liner. When it's cold in the morning the liner is in, when it's warmer in the afternoon the liner comes out and rolls up in the saddlebags. It has elbow and shoulder armor along with a back pad.

Here's a pic I found online, it's the same jacket I have but I can't find the model name anywhere on it. Oh and I got it for $40 on Craigslist. :yes:

shooter
01-24-2015, 12:18 AM
Zeus I have a Joe Rocket mesh and they make a Dry Plus liner for it that is water proof and windproof . It basically turns it into a three season coat.

Steve 0080
01-24-2015, 08:30 PM
Zeus I have a Joe Rocket mesh and they make a Dry Plus liner for it that is water proof and windproof . It basically turns it into a three season coat.

+1

Fla_rider
01-27-2015, 09:20 AM
+1

+2 My Tour master came with two liners one quilted then other a rain liner. Rain liner helps the cold air problem too.

ReserveBum
01-27-2015, 04:29 PM
I've got an Olympia that Ive had for three years now. It has the two liners (rain & cold). As far as bang for the buck I think this is a good way to go. Its a quality product at a reasonable cost...Not the crazy $ ($450 and up for a textile jacket!) I see this year for other brands. I wear it 3 seasons, its held up great, repeled the rain, kept me warm, and it has good armor. Has vents for very hot weather, good number of pockets, good adjustment in waist, arms, and wrist. No zipper issues. My wife has removed the armor and put in the washer multiple times and comes out looking good. And speaking of that it does look pretty sharp (could just be me :), and it has good reflective trim. Definitely would buy it again.

Ridlikhel
01-27-2015, 05:55 PM
I purchased the Sedici Waterproof jacket from Cyclegear. It was almost half off. Only $125 now with the liner and plenty of vent zippers. Was the best fitting one for me and the price was right. Even come with a nice pouch on the back side. http://www.cyclegear.com/SEDICI-Ultimo-Waterproof-Textile-Motorcycle-Jacket