PDA

View Full Version : New F6 owner

fastvalk
01-24-2015, 02:04 PM
Hello to all! After many years I traded my beloved 2001 Valkyrie. I really enjoyed that bike, thought I would
keep it forever but the 6 carbs were getting to be an issue as she aged. I tired the '13 used f6b (only 800 miles!) the dealer in Sanford
Florida had last weekend (I live in Mount Dora) and was hooked as I took it up to 90 on I-4 test ride! Yes it is faster (and far smoother) than
my Valk. It sure does not feel like it weighs 800+ pounds !
Hope to meet up with some owners in the central Florida area in the future!
Rick
Fastvalk

bigbird
01-24-2015, 02:13 PM
.welcome20. 'all/right'

You've bought a helluva' bike, as we all know.

Now the fun starts making it even better and more personal with all the accessories and mods available.

Hornblower
01-24-2015, 02:26 PM
:congrats: and .welcome20. from NC!

choptop
01-24-2015, 02:27 PM
Welcome and congratulations !:clap2:

Jimmytee
01-24-2015, 02:33 PM
.welcome20. Congrats. I kept my Valk though.

Limoles
01-24-2015, 02:37 PM
That's what happened , when Valky riders have not enough of pleasure . You'll like this (B)bbbbaby . Enjoy your rides ...

Doug44
01-24-2015, 03:04 PM
Hello to all! After many years I traded my beloved 2001 Valkyrie. I really enjoyed that bike, thought I would
keep it forever but the 6 carbs were getting to be an issue as she aged. I tired the '13 used f6b (only 800 miles!) the dealer in Sanford
Florida had last weekend (I live in Mount Dora) and was hooked as I took it up to 90 on I-4 test ride! Yes it is faster (and far smoother) than
Rick
Fastvalk

I am coming to I-4 in March for bike week, staying in Orlando because I am not giving the motels in Daytona Beach $1700 for 7 day stay ! Soooooooo back & forth I will go staying at the Motel 6 off Lees road. I will be riding from Central IL stopping in Savannah, Ga the first of March then down to Orlando around the 8th of March. I am a new owner myself my bike has 104 miles on it ! Maybe we can get together for a cup or a can in March.

Phantom
01-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Rick
Fastvalk

Welcome,

THERE IS A F6B Gathering TOMORROW (January 25th) in the Orlando area , Steve0080 from Sanford is coordinating the ride. see link and join the guys ....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4239-RTE-Meet-and-Greet-Bob109-Steve0080

firetech
01-24-2015, 03:26 PM
Welcome and congrats on your purchase from the FL mid west coast.:th_sunbathe:
I know it's short notice, but we are having a RTE (ride to eat) tomorrow, Sunday, meeting in Crystal River at Cody's at 1:00. You're more than welcome to join us.
Check the forums ride trips and gatherings.

Old Ryder
01-24-2015, 06:01 PM
I am coming to I-4 in March for bike week, staying in Orlando because I am not giving the motels in Daytona Beach $1700 for 7 day stay ! Soooooooo back & forth I will go staying at the Motel 6 off Lees road!

I will be in the area also-- staying free with my father in Jacksonville and my sister in law in Palm Bay. Driving the 1 1/2 hours is worth the not paying crazy prices. Did that a few years ago when 5 of us crammed in a suite. We were all at each others throat when we left.

Driving the wifes 180 HP go kart instead of the B. Best thing to a bike and much better when the weather turns bad-- put up the top and turn on the heater.2557

sshake1905
01-24-2015, 06:28 PM
Welcome from the cold winter land of Idaho and congrats on the purchase of the best bike you'll ever lay your butt on !!!!:yes:

Just what the forum needs....another warm-weather all year-round rider from the Sunshine state:icon_cool:

I'm envious of Florida weather this time of year...:shrug:..today's high was one of first days over 40 F since the start of the new tear....enjoy your new toy....:yes:

Shaker

RickW
01-24-2015, 07:11 PM
Congratulations from NE Ohio.

I could not sell my Valkyrie so our youngest son has it now. Quite an upgrade from his VStar 1300. He thinks it is the best ever and absolutely loves it. He had been using it off and on with his wife the last couple of years.
Picture is from last Summer. I still get to see it all the time, but I like riding the F6B a lot better.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/rmwiles/2014%20Pictures/Motorcycle%20Pictures/BlueRidgePkwy0714-12_zps3b41937d.jpg

JackB
01-24-2015, 07:39 PM
Welcome to a great bike. I also came from the Valkryie family also a great bike but the F6B is better.

Limoles
01-24-2015, 08:21 PM
+1 :icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
01-24-2015, 08:22 PM
Welcome !!!! Try to make it tomorrow !!!!!

fastvalk
01-25-2015, 07:44 AM
I am coming to I-4 in March for bike week, staying in Orlando because I am not giving the motels in Daytona Beach $1700 for 7 day stay ! Soooooooo back & forth I will go staying at the Motel 6 off Lees road. I will be riding from Central IL stopping in Savannah, Ga the first of March then down to Orlando around the 8th of March. I am a new owner myself my bike has 104 miles on it ! Maybe we can get together for a cup or a can in March.

Hi Doug,
Yes that sounds great ! Love to meet up in Daytona for the bikefest !

fastvalk
01-25-2015, 07:45 AM
Welcome and congrats on your purchase from the FL mid west coast.:th_sunbathe:
I know it's short notice, but we are having a RTE (ride to eat) tomorrow, Sunday, meeting in Crystal River at Cody's at 1:00. You're more than welcome to join us.
Check the forums ride trips and gatherings.

Todd, thanks for the invite. I have to work today (Sunday) but will make the next meet up for sure!:icon_frown:

fastvalk
01-25-2015, 07:49 AM

I could not sell my Valkyrie so our youngest son has it now. Quite an upgrade from his VStar 1300. He thinks it is the best ever and absolutely loves it. He had been using it off and on with his wife the last couple of years.
Picture is from last Summer. I still get to see it all the time, but I like riding the F6B a lot better.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/rmwiles/2014%20Pictures/Motorcycle%20Pictures/BlueRidgePkwy0714-12_zps3b41937d.jpg

Hi Rick,
Wow that is great that your son can now enjoy your Valk.
Looks like mine, tons of chrome and custom paint. I think I have seen pics of that
Valk on the valk board.
Your F6 looks AWESOME !

Rick
fastvalk

fastvalk
01-25-2015, 07:53 AM
Welcome from the cold winter land of Idaho and congrats on the purchase of the best bike you'll ever lay your butt on !!!!:yes:

Just what the forum needs....another warm-weather all year-round rider from the Sunshine state:icon_cool:

I'm envious of Florida weather this time of year...:shrug:..today's high was one of first days over 40 F since the start of the new tear....enjoy your new toy....:yes:

Shaker

Thanks Shaker for the warm greeting, and thanks to all who responded. Yes this is the best bike I have ever owned!
Looking forward to meeting F6 riders in the future !:icon_cool::039:

53driver
01-25-2015, 09:07 AM
Rick
Fastvalk

WELCOME! I had a '98 Valk - GREAT bike, but in simplifying my life as I get more accustomed to a fixed income, I decided to keep only two of my scoots and let the rest run free.
Hopefully you can make the F6B Rally in September - info is on the board.

Old Ryder
01-25-2015, 09:18 AM

Is that a picture from the Skyline Parkway down the road from Deals Gap?

BTW-- I see a lot of guys had a Valk before the B. Mine was a 99 Interstate.2558

Doug44
01-26-2015, 07:35 PM
Hi Doug,
Yes that sounds great ! Love to meet up in Daytona for the bikefest !

Sounds good when it gets closer I will put up an post here. I will be at the Flatrack races THursday & Friday evening 12 & 13th of March at the speedway. Keep an eye out here let's try to get together.

powercruzer13
01-26-2015, 08:00 PM
Welcome aboard!
A TRIPLE Valkyrie family that now is a double F6B family.
Mine is the black standard & the wife has the red Deluxe.
Still have my '97 Valk but it will soon be on it's way to a new family.
Never thought I would find a bike that would get me off of my Valk but I did! We are just up the road in Silver Springs so I'm sure we will cross paths if we haven't already on our Valkyries.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/bobcatv8/2%20bikes%20together/lkjljlj001_zps180ffa51.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bobcatv8/media/2%20bikes%20together/lkjljlj001_zps180ffa51.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/bobcatv8/2%20bikes%20together/img_0238.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bobcatv8/media/2%20bikes%20together/img_0238.jpg.html)

RickW
01-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Is that a picture from the Skyline Parkway down the road from Deals Gap?

BTW-- I see a lot of guys had a Valk before the B. Mine was a 99 Interstate.10836

That picture was from the Skyline Dr., North end of the Blue Ridge Pkwy. He was not with us when we were down to Deals Gap.

We did have that Valkyrie at most of the Valkyrie Inzane Rallies over the years. Haven't been at one the last couple of years.