:shock:

$23,990 Euros .

If you apply today's exchange rate (7-4-13) the cost in USA Dollars = $30,900

That's a lot of french baguettes , WOW :shock:

:yikes: WOW :yikes: is right for a motorcycle with a paint problem

Phantom
07-04-2013, 09:54 AM
:yikes: WOW :yikes: is right for a motorcycle with a paint problem

I just remembered that the European Models come with ABS, that adds to the cost.

In the video it shows a GL1800 left grip with the CB buttons on top of the radio controls, unlike the US models. Could this have been the Prototype that they showcased through the show circuit early on?

F6B-RICH
07-04-2013, 12:16 PM
I just remembered that the European Models come with ABS, that adds to the cost.

In the video it shows a GL1800 left grip with the CB buttons on top of the radio controls, unlike the US models. Could this have been the Prototype that they showcased through the show circuit early on?

When it comes to motorcycles and motorcycle stuff I never usually complain about cost. If we in the US could get ABS on are F6B's I would get it and pay
the price for it.

The Swede
07-05-2013, 01:41 PM

It's not CB buttons it's fot the radio :icon_biggrin:

The Swede :icon_cool:

Yeahoo Whoyah
07-06-2013, 09:23 AM
My guess is the F6B will not be a huge seller in most of Europe. The people in the large cities want scooters and use them for daily transportation. Larger bikes fall into the sport bike, adventure touring and sport touring categories - before cruisers. I'm saying this based not on researching sales figures but by my own observations during a month of traveling there this year and last. Occasionally I saw a small group of weekend warriors on their H-Ds, or a few Goldwing's on tour, but not so much. I think the F6B will appeal more to riders who have access to the open road; USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and in Europe Sweden and Norway.

Phantom
07-06-2013, 09:44 AM
The people in the large cities want scooters and use them for daily transportation. I'm saying this based not on researching sales figures but by my own observations during a month of traveling there this year and last. Occasionally I saw a small group of weekend warriors on their H-Ds, or a few Goldwing's on tour, but not so much.

I travel to Europe quite often and I agree with your observation. Scooters, mopeds and tiny cars are the norm for daily transportation since there is very limited parking space in the major cities, they virtually park on top of each other.

I have friends that are part of very large Goldwing Clubs in France, Belgium, Spain, Germany and Italy. My guess is that they ride the scooter during the week and the GoldWings on the weekends :iduno: Gasoline prices in Europe at $11 - $12 per Gallon will discourage many from using the Big Bikes for a daily rider.

Dark Knight
07-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Screen shots of left hand grip and panel. Is that for XM? PTY, U and M buttons?

zorro07
03-06-2014, 01:40 PM

$23,990 Euros .

In fact, distributors still sell it with a discount. I paid mine about 20.000 EUR / 27500 USD.
The thing is that the EUR is really too high.
I also have ABS, that's right. I don't understand why they sell the bike in USA without ABS, it's a smart technology.
Well I used to ride my Dyna for a while without it, and really find this system intelligent.

austin_tech
03-06-2014, 02:33 PM

$23,990 Euros .

Dickie needs to tell them French they sell them for a LOT less elsewhere, that's a ridiculous price and none of us would stand for it!!

Phantom
03-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Dickie needs to tell them French they sell them for a LOT less elsewhere, that's a ridiculous price and none of us would stand for it!!

:icon_laugh: You gotta love the ribbing that goes on this forum, Austin-Tech that there was funny :crackup:

Dickie, don't hurt em' :catfight: :biggthumpup:

MarcPW
03-06-2014, 04:56 PM
In Switzerland, you can have a licence plate for your motorcycle only with proof of insurance. (Licence plate delivered only with proof from your insurance company) So they came up with a great arrangement: as you can only ride one bike at the time, you can have two motorcycle and the bigger one covers the smaller one. I lived in Geneva for a few years so I had a 250cc scooter and the GW1500. Just one licence plate with a clip-on system... So when just riding to work, cliped the plate to the scooter, and when going for nice long rides, on to the GW. Saving some money too.

Car enthusiast could do the same (max two cars).

Deer Slayer
03-06-2014, 04:59 PM

$23,990 Euros .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F_NYDC3mwU

At least they get ABS.. "batsmiley" The Hi Cost pays for all the good French Government "free" stuff. :yikes:

JBnAZ
03-06-2014, 08:24 PM
The base price only gets you started in some of Europe. There is often huge luxury or use taxes added to the cost of the bike, which translates often to transportation costing 2X what we pay in the US!

We are very spoiled here.

But they get ALLOT more paid vacation:041:

Bama Bagger
03-07-2014, 01:54 AM
At least the electronics on the Honda will work not like any of the French made vehicles I've had experiences with in the past! :shock:

zorro07
03-07-2014, 03:55 AM
The base price only gets you started in some of Europe. There is often huge luxury or use taxes added to the cost of the bike, which translates often to transportation costing 2X what we pay in the US!

We are very spoiled here.

But they get ALLOT more paid vacation:041:

We pay all 2X than you here in France... : cars, taxe, VAT, housing, food, services, etc...
And for the guys living Paris or near Paris like me, housing is 10X ! More than 10.000 EUR this year for 1 m2 ( = 11 square feet) !

But I don't pay the school for my daughter and most health services are paid by my insurance....

zorro07
03-07-2014, 03:59 AM
At least the electronics on the Honda will work not like any of the French made vehicles I've had experiences with in the past! :shock:

Witch Renault did you own ?
I never owned any french car... Only Honda and Wolkswagen :039::039::039:
And one day I will sell car+bike to by a Mustang Shelby GT500.

Pedro66
03-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Screen shots of left hand grip and panel. Is that for XM? PTY, U and M buttons?

Nope its the European RDS system it allows auto tuning to a selected station on different frequencies spaced across an area as one signal becomes weak it auto tunes the same broadcaster on a different stronger frequency

You search via station type using the PTY button such as ROCK/POP/CLASSICAL/NEWS/TRAFFIC type of thing

The U is what we call FM and the M is medium wave or what we would call AM older radios used to have L for Long Wave but thats not really used since FM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Data_System