PDA

View Full Version : Matte Grey of 2015 Model

RoadSurfer
01-29-2015, 02:39 PM
I'm curious what opinions are on the new matte color of the 2015 model. Honda is calling it some version of grey, but to me it looks like something identical to what you see on military vehicles.10946

Fla_rider
01-29-2015, 02:50 PM
I've heard quite a few like the new colors including the silver. To each their own. Red still is the fastest!:moon:

Ixol Phaane
01-29-2015, 03:18 PM
I'm curious what opinions are on the new matte color of the 2015 model. Honda is calling it some version of grey, but to me it looks like something identical to what you see on military vehicles.10946

I'm fine with the black/grey color.
I would be concerned with keeping it clean. How easy will it be to eliminate the random but inevitable greasy hand or fingerprint? Glossy paint is fairly easy to maintain, but a matte finish? I dunno.

Someone w experience care to chirp up?

opas ride
01-29-2015, 03:21 PM
Personally I did not care for any of the 2013/14 choices...I had mine painted at the dealer before delivery a Brandywine Kandy Red Clearcoat...The new 2015 grey is okay from the pictures I have seen but I have not seen one in person...Love the color on my 2013 F6B and am even happier that I got my wife to buy into a new bike if she chose the color!!!

Retired Army
01-29-2015, 03:53 PM
It's designed to be impervious to radar.

shooter
01-29-2015, 03:58 PM
I've heard quite a few like the new colors including the silver. To each their own. Red still is the fastest!:moon:

Only in your dreams John.

Elroy
01-29-2015, 03:59 PM
Personally I did not care for any of the 2013/14 choices...I had mine painted at the dealer before delivery a Brandywine Kandy Red Clearcoat...The new 2015 grey is okay from the pictures I have seen but I have not seen one in person...Love the color on my 2013 F6B and am even happier that I got my wife to buy into a new bike if she chose the color!!!

Opas, I experienced the same thing with my wife. Showed her a red F6 at our local dealer, she did not like it. Few days later, visited a Victory dealer a few towns over and they had a black F6 and I asked her what she thought....lo-and-behold she liked it! She wasn't aware it was the same bike she saw a few days earlier. :-) Went back to local dealer and had them locate a black one for me.

Steve 0080
01-29-2015, 05:00 PM
My problem with grey,silver and colors that look like the road is the vehicle disappears into the roadway....ever not see a vehicle until the last second because it blended into the road????

Not a good color for any motor vehicle !!!!!

F6B1911
01-29-2015, 05:35 PM

While your Brandywine Kandy Red Clearcoat looks amazing, how can you NOT like Black?

DaWadd
01-29-2015, 06:17 PM
I do like the Matte grey/silver on the "15" but the blue has really grown on me if I were in the market.

RLatt
01-29-2015, 06:19 PM
My problem with grey,silver and colors that look like the road is the vehicle disappears into the roadway....ever not see a vehicle until the last second because it blended into the road????

I agree, Steve. This is the main reason why I decided on the blue.....and, because it's purdy.

Ixol Phaane
01-29-2015, 07:01 PM

This is one of the BIGGEST reasons I didn't pull the trigger on a 2013 model and waited to see what Mother Honda would do with colors for 2014.
I'm really glad I waited 'cause I got the Fast-as-all-git-out Pearl Yellow. :headbang:

F6B1911
01-29-2015, 07:13 PM

Yes, and if you live in Detroit, it doesn't matter what color bike you ride.
You need additional help for those who don't know what a motorcycle is!

Texas TC
01-29-2015, 07:21 PM
I saw one at the PMI show in Dallas last weekend. Not my cup of tea but I have to say it did not show any finger prints from all those attendees foundling it. Last year, the brand new black one on diplay looked like it had 100,000 hard miles on it and it was brand new with no miles. Smears and scratches were terrible on the black, not so on the gray. I don't particularly care for the primer colored mototcycles but this one was holding up well

opas ride
01-29-2015, 08:18 PM
While your Brandywine Kandy Red Clearcoat looks amazing, how can you NOT like Black?

Hey there St. Clair Shores....I do like black and the Valkyrie that I had for several years was black with lots of chrome and a "PITA" to keep clean...Looked nice although...Have a good time at the Cleveland Show and I wish I could make it but family issues prevent.. Ride safe....

F6B1911
01-29-2015, 08:46 PM
Hey there St. Clair Shores....I do like black and the Valkyrie that I had for several years was black with lots of chrome and a "PITA" to keep clean...Looked nice although...Have a good time at the Cleveland Show and I wish I could make it but family issues prevent.. Ride safe....

Can't play hookie?

taxfree4
01-29-2015, 08:49 PM
Looks great and I like the contrast. Same church different pew as long as you're on the best engineered bike, in my humble opinion, on the planet.

'gw-smiley'

Limoles
01-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Today I saw Matte Gray - not impressed

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-29-2015, 10:11 PM
I bet they're beautiful. Get what you want not what others think..

mercator1
02-06-2015, 01:12 PM

Do you have any pics of that Brandywine Kandy on your bike? I'd like to go that route, myself.

Injun Joe
02-06-2015, 02:45 PM
At first I didn't like the gray but it's growing on me. Dignified.

opas ride
02-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Do you have any pics of that Brandywine Kandy on your bike? I'd like to go that route, myself.

At present I do not have any pics...Not sure how to post them, but perhaps I can get my oldest Son over to help as he is a "techie" nut!!...It is a beautiful color, a little darker red than the color chart showed, but in the sun the thing is gorgeous and really shines bright...I get a lot of compliments from other riders as well...My wife chose the color as she was willing to go along with a new bike, but she did not care for any of the colors available on the 2013's....Now I am really glad I spent the money, as it was expensive, but I am not planning to sell it for a long time.....

RoadSurfer
02-08-2015, 08:26 AM
Here's a YouTube video that looks like it captures the true tone of the matte grey in direct sunlight: http://youtu.be/3MxW-DFvEVA

Much less the military-grade khaki look. 👍

bigbird
02-08-2015, 10:20 AM
I like the matte grey in the video.
It's a very industrial look.
But I still like my gloss black better!

Limoles
02-08-2015, 12:43 PM
That's the combination of colors , which I like the most .
It doesn't matter , what bike it can be .

tinkerman
02-08-2015, 03:06 PM
Well,

I bought a scratch black leftover 2013 in the spring of 2014 and have never been happier with any bike.....could be purple with pink polka dots......function over form is the phrase of the day. I still have issues getting used to the multiple layered plastic assembly of the beast until I get on it and grab a handful of brake or throttle....and then all is ignored.

geo

Madmax
02-11-2015, 09:00 AM
I usually prefer the black with the sport bikes when we ride the back roads , even though our group is mostly LEO we are known to be stopped and before the bagdes are whooped out we here a red or yellow .... what ever color , was spotted doing what every but they never say black ... Black bikes look the same .
My F6B is red at this moment . May trade a extra 2nd gen Vmax on a new black or grey 2015 F6B or full wing and do a convert full wing then dump the 13 f6b im into that cheap .