PDA

View Full Version : Well, She's Gone!

kjelders
01-29-2015, 05:06 PM
I rode the bike over to South Bound Honda where I bought the bike this past Saturday and made arrangements to sell on consignment. They are closed on Sundays and Mondays. SBH sold the bike Wednesday night.

Here's the funny part, and hondabikepro will probably will get me for this. The guy buying my bike, (black deluxe) trading in hondabikepro's former bike (red deluxe). He must of got tired of the slow red! :icon_mrgreen:

F6B1911
01-29-2015, 05:25 PM
I rode the bike over to South Bound Honda where I bought the bike this past Saturday and made arrangements to sell on consignment. They are closed on Sundays and Mondays. SBH sold the bike Wednesday night.
Here's the funny part, and hondabikepro will probably will get me for this. The guy buying my bike, (black deluxe) trading in hondabikepro's former bike (red deluxe). He must of got tired of the slow red! :icon_mrgreen:

That was quick on the part of SBH!
So, will you trade in the Cross Country Tour for a 2015 Deluxe?

kjelders
01-29-2015, 07:08 PM
No not going to do that. The sitting position of the wings causes too much hip pain. I did my best to find the right comfort pieces but it just didn't stop the hip pain.

F6B1911
01-29-2015, 07:21 PM
No not going to do that. The sitting position of the wings causes too much hip pain. I did my best to find the right comfort pieces but it just didn't stop the hip pain.

As much as I hated my old FLH, it had the most comfortable Solo Saddle on it, all sorts of springs on a shock absorber.
Never found anything that allowed for a long ride without both hip and back pain.

jkelley
01-30-2015, 06:38 AM

I hear you brother, I am in the same boat and also thinking of going in another direction.

Fla_rider
01-30-2015, 10:15 AM

Actually, I was talking to him. He indicated that the red one was too fast and it was hurting his shoulders trying to hang on! :stirthepot::catfight:

kjelders
01-30-2015, 10:40 AM
Actually, I was talking to him. He indicated that the red one was too fast and it was hurting his shoulders trying to hang on! :stirthepot::catfight:

Oh oh.....he's going to need to super glue his hands to the handlebar now that he has the "fastest" black color. I'll let him know that when he comes by the house to pick up the stock items from the bike. :stirthepot::icon_biggrin::icon_mrgreen:

ISLANDER1089
01-30-2015, 12:58 PM
After reading this thread I couldn't help but wonder why you wouldn't find out why your joints hurt. Solve that and keep the bike. I am 67, have the stock seat and love it.

kjelders
01-30-2015, 01:05 PM
After reading this thread I couldn't help but wonder why you wouldn't find out why your joints hurt. Solve that and keep the bike. I am 67, have the stock seat and love it.

I did see my doc about it. As per exams and CT, no noticeable degeneration of the hip/joints...yet. Before I bought the XCT, I rode it for almost an hour and had no hip pain.

F6BPDX
01-30-2015, 02:25 PM

Not everybody is the same, and it isn't always a fixable issue. Sometimes things just don't gel.

KJ, I hope you are enjoying the hell out of that XCT and hope to see it at this years PNW-F6B/XCT rally :clap2:.....oh wait, this is a Goldwing based board, I better get in character...

**clears throat**

Well good job dummy, you just got rid of the greatest motorcycle in history for an unreliable POS. See ya in 10,000 miles when your motor explodes, and don't let the door hit you on the way out!!:nutkick:

opas ride
01-30-2015, 04:05 PM
I did see my doc about it. As per exams and CT, no noticeable degeneration of the hip/joints...yet. Before I bought the XCT, I rode it for almost an hour and had no hip pain.

I absolutely love my F6B and now even more with the Mustang seat, Cobra pipes, and the Baggershield windshield, etc....Even though at the ripe old age now of 75, no riding issues much with the F6B, I will concede that the Victory Vision Tour I had was the BEST bike I have owned for riding position, wind comfort and highway motoring!!! ...The XCT and XC from Victory, along with the new Indian, have in my opinion, some of the best riding positions currently available.....Ride safe...

XHarley
01-31-2015, 10:59 PM
I hear you brother, I am in the same boat and also thinking of going in another direction.

What direction are you thinking?

Reason I asked is that I have been on the fence since buying my 2013 F6B and now have a potential buyer interested in buying it at a very fair price to me but I am not sure if going back to a Harley is the right direction. I still miss the Harley and swore if I ever went back it would be to another EVO instead of a Twinkie but still I am undecided. So what would you go to if you sold your F6B?

grendl
02-01-2015, 10:44 AM
I,m getting 'up there in age also and understand sitting in one spot too long starts to hurt a bit.On long trips ,I generally stop when I need gas. If it's twisties I'm shifting my weight so no problems. On 'slab' I either move to the forward footrest or put my feet on the passenger pegs.
I actually prefer the passenger pegs on long highway runs. So between the three foot positions no problems.
It took a while to break in the stock seat but it is comfortable to me,but the mustang seat is definitely on the list. I like the 1 inch lower idea...
75 and still riding !?! You are my inspiration !!

opas ride
02-01-2015, 11:48 AM
I,m getting 'up there in age also and understand sitting in one spot too long starts to hurt a bit.On long trips ,I generally stop when I need gas. If it's twisties I'm shifting my weight so no problems. On 'slab' I either move to the forward footrest or put my feet on the passenger pegs.
I actually prefer the passenger pegs on long highway runs. So between the three foot positions no problems.
It took a while to break in the stock seat but it is comfortable to me,but the mustang seat is definitely on the list. I like the 1 inch lower idea...
75 and still riding !?! You are my inspiration !!

Thanks for the thought...Look at the 83 year old guy in the latest issue of Rider Magazine...He rode a 72 Honda 750 across the USA last year and even had a couple 12 hour days!!..Stock seat and all!!...This guy is my hero!!!