PDA

View Full Version : The List is made

terrydj
02-01-2015, 06:17 PM
So its 3 days before I fly down and pick up the bike so thought Id put the list together ??

First thing is the dash http://www.firecreekacc.com/farkleshelf.htm

Second is the Kuryakyn Glove Box Cubby (Chrome) http://wingstuff.com/products/34340-kuryakyn-glove-box-cubby-for-gl1800-2nd-gen?from_search=1

Already go me a 12v Accessory Power Socket http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12v-Accessory-Power-Socket-Car-Motorcycle-Cigarette-Lighter-Plug-Waterproof-Hot-/231364843906?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35de6b5982

A waterproof 12V-Dual-USB Charger http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-Dual-USB-Car-Power-Adapter-Charger-Plug-Socket-Outlet-For-Mobile-Phone-IPod-/191217429282?rd=1&ssPageName=STRK:MEAFB:IT
Their both to be fitted in the left side Glove box ?

And Autocom Intercom with adapter
Garmin Zumo GPS
UHF Radio/CB
Spot Tracker (All to be placed on dash) Ram Mount GPS. Brackets for UHF and Spot

And that's the important stuff done :icon_cool:

opas ride
02-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Sounds good but if you are planning trips of any length a better windshield is almost a must...Several brands out there and many of us that ride the F6B, the stock windshield was one of the first things to go!!!....Have fun and ride safe.....

terrydj
02-01-2015, 07:37 PM
No way about the screen. I know why dogs hang their heads out the window and if I wanted to ride a car I would of got the Goldwing with the lot.
The first Goldwing made was a Sports Bike and too me the F6B is just a much late model.
I also ride in the rain, do 1000 mile 1600 Kay + days and still sleep on the side of the road.
But then again I could just polish the bike and ride it to Mcdonalds on a Sunday once a month. :icon_cool:

cosborn
02-03-2015, 12:14 AM
Hi Terry, Just thought i would mention some of the bits that I've added since i picked up my F6B.
Nolan Trilogy helmet with Sena SMH 10 Comms system and Contour video camera

OEM Centre stand

OEM Passenger backrest and luggage tray

11 inch Baggershield tinted sports screen. Still allows me to look over the top and catch some wind

Kuryakyn Glove box cubby and mount for Garmin GPS

Kuryakyn Gen 2 Fork Brace

Dowco Iron Rider Large Roll Bag

F6B Logo’s to replace Honda

Cheers and best

Chris 'gw-smiley'.dickie-deals.

cosborn
02-03-2015, 12:18 AM
I've also added 2 different power outlets in the LH box

Chris

terrydj
02-03-2015, 01:36 AM
Very Kool mate. I use a Shueberth helmet maybe me third one in a zillion years. I also have an Autocom system that talks to me and my pillion and my UHF and GPS and the bikes radio, that will be jacked with the Autocom system. I also will be running a dash for my GPS, UHF and Spot.
That Glove Box Cubby looks just the best and its on order as the teperature up North on the Coal where I sometimes work gets to over 50deg Celsius, over 130f.
The bike already has both backrests but I think the back will need raising a tad
And Ill be using the Dririder bag as I've had the Dririder stuff forever and cant break it

opas ride
02-03-2015, 11:54 AM
No way about the screen. I know why dogs hang their heads out the window and if I wanted to ride a car I would of got the Goldwing with the lot.
The first Goldwing made was a Sports Bike and too me the F6B is just a much late model.
I also ride in the rain, do 1000 mile 1600 Kay + days and still sleep on the side of the road.
But then again I could just polish the bike and ride it to Mcdonalds on a Sunday once a month. :icon_cool:

Do what you want with the bike, it is yours!!!...No need though for the "sarcasm"...Some of us, a lot, prefer a better windshield!!!!

bigbird
02-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Do what you want with the bike, it is yours!!!...No need though for the "sarcasm"...Some of us, a lot, prefer a better windshield!!!!

Hey Opa, I didn't think terrydj was taking a shot at you, only at posers or HD owners :stirthepot:
I thought it was a clever remark.

opas ride
02-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Hey Opa, I didn't think terrydj was taking a shot at you, only at posers or HD owners :stirthepot:
I thought it was a clever remark.

No big deal just seemed a little "flippant"..,but then again we all take things differently at times..I am sure he is a very nice guy and he certainly can't be all bad if he rides an F6B!!...Thanks, and regards....

terrydj
02-03-2015, 07:40 PM
No big deal just seemed a little "flippant"..,but then again we all take things differently at times..I am sure he is a very nice guy and he certainly can't be all bad if he rides an F6B!!...Thanks, and regards....

Hmmmm nice guy. Well the ladies who serve me a drink say Sir.
Road an old FLH Stroker for 20 years before Vaughn Beals made Harley's trendy.
In his own words from memory the HOG club was formed so accountants could play dress up and ride Harley's with like minded people on a Sunday. From memory that's what the black book said??

In truth after maybe 50 years on a bike and 40 years licensed and still averaging 3 days a week on a bike rain hale or shine I still laugh out loud when those that ride Motorcycles want to keep the wind off.

Just like I'd go swimming if I never got wet ???????:icon_cool:

cosborn
02-04-2015, 03:44 AM
Hey Terry, had my FLH 1200 in the mid 70s, course it wasn't a real one then as it was made by AMF when they took over, but i loved it anyway. I was a member of the Harley Davidson club of Au, QLD branch, but of course that was well before HOG.

:icon_deadhorse:

Chris

terrydj
02-04-2015, 01:17 PM
Mate mine was a 74 but stroked to 93
I think the Harley Davidson club of Australia used to run the Sydney bike show
And Keats and that from the club were also Ozbike back in the day when all bikes were kool :icon_cool:

terrydj
02-20-2015, 01:11 AM
So I've started
The Dash is on
The Ram mounts are on the dash
UHF, GPS, Spot, on Dash and waiting for one more
Shiny Racks on the back
Wooden support for bag to go on rack done
Kuryakyn Glove Box Cubby (Chrome) on
Autocom Intercom in
Push to talk on
Passenger drink holder on
And that's the important stuff done

Waiting on
12v,dual USB,voltage meter complete 1 unit for dash
Fat grips
Highway pegs
Wide brake peddal
Piccys when its all finished
Maybe another week??????
But its raining, windy and the Cyclone up North (Catergory 5)is now overland Hooray and dying out :icon_cool:

Fla_rider
02-20-2015, 07:38 AM
When you get your ride right Mate, we'll expect to see a pic. because :postpics: