PDA

View Full Version : So the bikes picked up but what the ?????

terrydj
02-05-2015, 03:20 PM
So first thing yesterday morning on the plane and to Sydney I flew. The bloke with the bike is at the airport and after a couple of hello's off I took.
First thing for an hour Sydney Peak hour traffic and never got over 40Kph.
Then a few gears later I'm zooming along and checks the speedo and look out theirs 2 round lights glowing on the bottom ??????? so a couple of gear changes later I figures out its me top gear.
So what the F??? , theirs no front end wobble
So what the F??? the wind coming off is a dream so much that I have me Visor up at 11/120 Kph for the whole trip home
So what the F??? the seat is a dream, but definitely needs a Sheepskin because of the sweat.
And what the F??? the radio is just a blast. 2/3rds the volume and cruising along at 10/120 Kph rocking to the tunes not a problem

So after a straight 900 Kay's, heat, rain, wind, Semi's and blind car drivers ?? me thinks I've got a 2 wheeled Cadillac and not one of the F6B's some on the forum have talked about.
Totally impressed

But now for a weekend of Rockabilly at a 2 day Gig
Ahhhh slicked back hair and chicks with seams in the stockings just to top off the ride home :icon_cool:

richw56
02-05-2015, 04:42 PM
Great stuff, Terry.
Enjoy the ride!

terrydj
02-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Forgot ??
The headlights are just magic
The Bitumen was melted for the last hour of the ride :icon_cool:

Fla_rider
02-05-2015, 05:34 PM
WT* another f6b rider, welcome to the form. :clap2::clap2:

er.medic
02-05-2015, 07:02 PM
So terrydj, how do you like it? :icon_lol:

cosborn
02-05-2015, 07:06 PM
Enjoy Terry

Chris'gw-smiley'

terrydj
02-05-2015, 07:13 PM
So terrydj, how do you like it? :icon_lol:

Its a 2 wheeled Cadillac.
Think the people that complain haven't been riding bikes for that long.
Everyone's got an opinion of course, but the bike by itself is just a dream.
My last bike which I still have is a ST1100 and with the custom seat their was no better untill yesterday and they are most definitely on even par for the person that rides further than a Latte at Mcdonalds and more than maybe once a month ?

Yeap me thinks I have picked a winner :icon_cool:

Old Ryder
02-05-2015, 10:10 PM
I wish you were closer! We would be good buddies! :yes: My kind of guy!

53driver
02-05-2015, 11:44 PM
Yeah, yeah, the bike is all that and bag of popcorn.....Let's go back to the Rockabilly gig!
Do you play or just enjoy?

terrydj
02-06-2015, 12:53 AM
Yeah, yeah, the bike is all that and bag of popcorn.....Let's go back to the Rockabilly gig!
Do you play or just enjoy?

Just enjoy but have a few mates that play.
Two coices I suppose ??????
1/ Play sport, stay home watch sport :no:
2/ Slick back the hair and have a most amazing time :yes:
So yah near 60 and young Cuties come and ask yah for a dance then they sit and have a chat ???
Suppose theirs only one choice if yah breathing :icon_cool:

choptop
02-06-2015, 07:12 AM
:yikes: Are we surprised ?:yikes:

53driver
02-06-2015, 07:59 AM
Just enjoy but have a few mates that play.
Two coices I suppose ??????
1/ Play sport, stay home watch sport :no:
2/ Slick back the hair and have a most amazing time :yes:
So yah near 60 and young Cuties come and ask yah for a dance then they sit and have a chat ???
Suppose theirs only one choice if yah breathing :icon_cool:

That's fair dinkum - not much better than chatting up "the Cuties" after proving you have stamina on the dance floor.
Good on you!

smokinjoe187
02-06-2015, 12:47 PM
My last bike which I still have is a ST1100 and with the custom seat their was no better untill yesterday and they are most definitely on even par for the person that rides further than a Latte at Mcdonalds and more than maybe once a month ?

Yeap me thinks I have picked a winner :icon_cool:

we all Know you have!!

jaygollner
02-06-2015, 02:11 PM

Yeap me thinks I have picked a winner :icon_cool:[/QUOTE]

Funny you should say that as that's what my four wheeled bike is.11203

terrydj
02-06-2015, 10:59 PM
That's fair dinkum - not much better than chatting up "the Cuties" after proving you have stamina on the dance floor.
Good on you!

"Fair dinkum" In my younger days I was working with a unit that was attached to the JTC (Jungle Training Center Canungra) where we trained overseas troops as well as our own
We had some yanks (Americans)in for a bit of this and a bit of that and when I said fair dinkum they asked "What" What the F???
We then told em to watch out for jump bears and such, then the fun commenced.:icon_cool:

53driver
02-07-2015, 12:57 AM
"Fair dinkum" In my younger days I was working with a unit that was attached to the JTC (Jungle Training Center Canungra) where we trained overseas troops as well as our own
We had some yanks (Americans)in for a bit of this and a bit of that and when I said fair dinkum they asked "What" What the F???
We then told em to watch out for jump bears and such, then the fun commenced.:icon_cool:

Spent more than a few weeks in Rockhampton and the SWBTA. Had WAY too much fun.
Tried to cross deck into the Aussie Air Force - but they didn't have 53s.
Oh well.

terrydj
02-07-2015, 01:21 AM
Spent more than a few weeks in Rockhampton and the SWBTA. Had WAY too much fun.
Tried to cross deck into the Aussie Air Force - but they didn't have 53s.
Oh well.

Mate, Shoalwater bay eh.
Way too much fun ????????

Canungra was where the fun happened.
The tears were shed
The sweat came out
And and and and ?????
But Shoalwater did have the Mosquitoes as big as F111's

Steel Cowboy
02-07-2015, 03:51 AM
So where are the pics of the beast Terry?:icon_doh:

terrydj
02-07-2015, 05:54 AM
So where are the pics of the beast Terry?:icon_doh:

In a few weeks when I get done with the fitting of the Goodies ??

Autocom system
Farkle Shelf (Dash shelf)
Garmin Zumo
UHF
Spot tracker
Wide brake pedal
Permanent Glove box key
Saddlebag key
Helmet lock key
Raised rear rack to take Dririder bag
Link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271338842480?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
Extension to the pillion backrest :icon_cool:
Pillion Drink Holder

Jimmytee
02-07-2015, 06:09 AM

Autocom system
Garmin Zumo
UHF
Spot tracker
Wide brake pedal
Permanent Glove box key
Saddlebag key
Helmet lock key
Link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271338842480?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
Pillion Drink Holder

Uh, so there comes a time when we're supposed to be done?:icon_doh::lolup:

Fla_rider
02-07-2015, 08:33 AM

Autocom system
Garmin Zumo
UHF
Spot tracker
Wide brake pedal
Permanent Glove box key
Saddlebag key
Helmet lock key
Pillion Drink Holder

Forgot perm gas key, mate!

grendl
02-07-2015, 08:50 PM
I hear ya terrydj ! I read the complaints and all that and some of it is legit BUT..
I am so happy with my F6B that none of it matters.
I'll slowly over time add some things to it,mostly functional at first like HIDs for night mountain rides,underbelly ,lower cowl lights but for my money,brother, I have the absolute best motorcycle sitting in my garage.
Did I mention I love this bike ?

lance89
02-07-2015, 11:47 PM
I'm new here and I'm really glad Ii found this post. I pick my 2013 F6b up next Saturday, and I'm a little nervous. I'm buying it without ever riding it, so hearing your positive comments really makes me feel better. Thanks. Lance

terrydj
02-08-2015, 01:11 AM
I'm new here and I'm really glad Ii found this post. I pick my 2013 F6b up next Saturday, and I'm a little nervous. I'm buying it without ever riding it, so hearing your positive comments really makes me feel better. Thanks. Lance

Mate its a dream
With the radio on and the visor up it just like sitting in a Caddy convertible
I'm nearly 60 ??
Been riding for fifty years
40 registered and licensed
Still ride maybe 3/4 times a week and Still easily do 1000 kay days
And this F6B is a friggin gift :icon_cool:

Old Ryder
02-08-2015, 08:10 AM

Welcome Lance. What have you been riding?

53driver
02-08-2015, 09:55 AM
Welcome Lance!
I had to Google Map St Thomas, PA. You're about 3 hours west of me.
Where are you getting the bike from?

It's a great bike and will leave you smiling.

terrydj
02-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Uh, so there comes a time when we're supposed to be done?:icon_doh::lolup:

Just getting the bike to work for me
The dash shelf is a must
The stuff on it is a must
The Autocom is a must (None better) never have to charge it :icon_cool:

lance89
02-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Thanks guys. I've been riding bikes since I was 8. I've road raced 21 years now (I'm 43 now). My current main bike is a 2003 Harley Ultra classic 100th ann. Its been a great bike, I had a 95 Roadking before it. The 2 main reasons I bought the Ultra was, my wife and I started traveling some on the bike. I had 3 other couples that had them and liked the idea of the CB, and intercom, and long ride comfort. And my best buddy and me started doing iron butt rides. I have 68,000 miles on the Ultra (I've put on 10,000 of them) I just want to have a newer bike. When the F6B came out I told my self that if I can find a left over some day on the cheap I get one. so that's what happened. I'll let ya know where I'm getting and how much after its in my garage. Lance

Old Ryder
02-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Thanks guys. I've been riding bikes since I was 8. I've road raced 21 years now (I'm 43 now). My current main bike is a 2003 Harley Ultra classic 100th ann. Its been a great bike, I had a 95 Roadking before it. The 2 main reasons I bought the Ultra was, my wife and I started traveling some on the bike. I had 3 other couples that had them and liked the idea of the CB, and intercom, and long ride comfort. And my best buddy and me started doing iron butt rides. I have 68,000 miles on the Ultra (I've put on 10,000 of them) I just want to have a newer bike. When the F6B came out I told my self that if I can find a left over some day on the cheap I get one. so that's what happened. I'll let ya know where I'm getting and how much after its in my garage. Lance

Your story sounds a lot like my story-- Only mine was a 2000 UC and I had an 06 RK Custom. 43,000 on the UC when it left and it had 28,000 when I got it.

You will love the B!

lance89
02-11-2015, 10:07 PM
picked it up today. I bought it from Track N Trail in State College PA for $12,999. They have 2 more 2013 left over Red ones at this price and a Black one for $13,999. Lance

53driver
02-11-2015, 10:13 PM
picked it up today. I bought it from Track N Trail in State College PA for $12,999. They have 2 more 2013 left over Red ones at this price and a Black one for $13,999. Lance

SO? What did you think on your ride home?
Edit: Never mind - saw in the other post that you trailered her home....

lance89
02-11-2015, 10:29 PM
yea 36degrees out, I'm sorry not riding. HAHA. Lance

53driver
02-11-2015, 10:51 PM
yea 36degrees out, I'm sorry not riding. HAHA. Lance

36 degrees? I ride. Salt on the roads thicker than asphalt? um....no.