PDA

View Full Version : Service Manuals

zeus661
02-06-2015, 11:27 AM
When I purchased my F6B I got the free $1000. I had the dealer order a service manual. I just finished scanning it into a PDF format to put on my Iphone. Now I bought my bike about 800 miles from home and they shipped the manual later. I have just realized it may be the wrong manual. What I got is the 2012-2013 GL1800/A manual. I blame myself for not catching it earlier.

Does anyone know if there is much of a difference with the F6B manual?

Thanks, Mark

98valk
02-06-2015, 11:41 AM
The exact same thing happened to me. The dealer, 600 miles from home, would not make it good. So, I sold the manual and bought one that included the F6B with it.

The F6B manual has sections specifically for it, vs the goldwing. Schematics, disassembling instructions, etc. I am glad that I chose to take a small loss and got mine.

zeus661
02-06-2015, 12:36 PM
I spent a whole day scanning the pages.

Just ordered the correct one. Will start scanning it when I get it. I don't have much to do right now since I don't go back to work until mid March. Anyway I will have a complete Goldwing manual too.

53driver
02-06-2015, 03:07 PM
The most current edition for F6B is 61MCA63
Says on it:
Gl1800/A
GL1800B/BD
2012-2014

bigbird
02-06-2015, 03:53 PM
I spent a whole day scanning the pages.

Just ordered the correct one. Will start scanning it when I get it. I don't have much to do right now since I don't go back to work until mid March. Anyway I will have a complete Goldwing manual too.

Whatever you do, don't post any links to the manual on here and don't try to sell it. Honda's legal dep't would be all over you in short order.
If you email it to someone that's fine, just don't publicly redistribute it and make sure anyone you share it with doesn't redistribute it either.
I know that's common sense, but I have heard of some owners not realizing the legal ramifications of copyright.

I sure hope you have one of those Fujitsu bulk scanners with self feed. :biggthumpup: