PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Bike for the city Royal Enfield

taxfree4
02-06-2015, 11:52 AM
I would grab these in a minute for a runaround the city bike soon as they're available. I have heard nothing but good things about them, I dig the retro style and no I'm not one of those hipster maggots.

bigbird
02-06-2015, 11:56 AM
A neighbour owns one.
All I can say is they look great, but their vibration will dislodge your eyeballs from their sockets, and a Toyota Prius accelerates faster.
Also, even with EFI, they suffer from serious hesitation and throttle response issues.
Brakes? What brakes?
You've been warned.

taxfree4
02-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Slow throttle response and vibration -----perfect it'll make me feel like I'm on my Harley all over again, I'm getting teary eyed

bigbird
02-06-2015, 12:21 PM
Slow throttle response and vibration -----perfect it'll make me feel like I'm on my Harley all over again, I'm getting teary eyed

funnypost.

But at least you won't have to worry about it being stolen.

taxfree4
02-06-2015, 12:36 PM
The only thing missing is unbearable heat from the engine, horrendous customer service and a need to spend 10 to 15% of the original purchase price to actually run right and I'll be back home.

Limoles
02-06-2015, 01:01 PM
I believe Asian population is a biggest consumer of 2 wheelers . Ever increased demands , pushed Royal Enfield's production to new facility , where in this year alone , ½ Million of these classic bikes will be made . I'm impressed .

taxfree4
02-06-2015, 01:22 PM
They just surpassed Harley in global sales, saw one on ebay shipped from India for under 3K. I'll wait till they get a dealer here. Cool video of the Enfield with a little story behind it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DwV-Im0kGqg

Limoles
02-06-2015, 02:21 PM
If Honda riders are the NICEST , this video proves Royal Enfield's are the FRIENDLIEST one . What a great guy ...

opas ride
02-06-2015, 02:37 PM
One dealer has recently opened here in the Detroit area...White Lake to be specific...Stopped by the other day to look at the bikes and visit with the owners..Nice bikes and nice guys, but not for me..I think they are made in India and looked okay, but with a single cylinder I bet they shake worse than older Harley's....Maybe okay for around town for those that like the old school look, but if I wanted a smaller bike to "put around on" there are many other nicer choices in my opinion......

Injun Joe
02-06-2015, 02:43 PM
I didn't know they were that uncommon. We have a Ural/Enfield dealership right here in little old Fort Collins.

terrydj
02-06-2015, 04:26 PM
From memory they sell at least twice as many of them as Harley, And they thump and rattle and break down just like ????????? :icon_cool:

Limoles
02-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Maybe that makes them so popular to equally famous HD's ?

Deer Slayer
02-06-2015, 07:10 PM
Get a Ural. You need the tool kit. They have a rally at Willville in the Meadows of Dan, VA every summer. They give an award for the worst break down!:yikes:

Limoles
02-06-2015, 09:58 PM
Is it a free round trip ticket to Moscow ?