PDA

View Full Version : Why an How Come..

Heavvyduty
02-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Seam's like alot of guy's are selling off there F6B's . Why an How come... Let some us know just for s##t an giggle's. By the way, mine was stolen an Ins has payed off.. Lost about 800$ on bike so not to bad..Waiting till spring to get new bike.. Hopefully it will still be a F6B..batman-smilie.

53driver
02-07-2015, 01:07 PM
Well, I know two that just couldn't make the bike comfortable for themselves due to hip/shoulder issues.
Another wants his Harley aesthetic (and maintenance access) simplicity back.
After that.....???

taxfree4
02-07-2015, 01:25 PM
I'm only speaking for the Harley guys in that they miss the lifestyle, that Harley sells extremely well. There is no lifestyle attached to owning a Honda that's akin to the HD Brand. These are the guys that are in it for the bandanas, chrome and loud pipes. There is no logical reason to go from an F6B to a Harley except for the leg/hip issues described but I still say that can be corrected with the proper seat/floorboard/backrest/handlebar configuration. I have rheumatoid arthritis and lower back pain and I found the sweet spot on my F6B. Spend more money, less power, air-cooled heating plant with a much higher center of gravity with terrible dealer/customer service, illogical.

Phantom
02-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Regretfully for a few, it is a financial decision. When it comes time to reconfigure your budget due to un-expected circumstances .... the motorcycle or toys go first.

53driver
02-07-2015, 02:21 PM
Regretfully for a few, it is a financial decision. When it comes time to reconfigure your budget due to un-expected circumstances .... the motorcycle or toys go first.

Yes, my standard pitch to my young, single, Marines was:
- Right now, whole world is your toybox. You can get what you want within financial reason, and not have to answer to anyone but yourself.
- When you get married, your toybox suddenly has a bottom, two sides and a front and a back. You can still play with your toys and get new toys, but whatever is "sticking out the top," you are going to hear about.
- When you have children, the lid closes. Whatever was sticking out the top gets chopped, everything in that toybox is suddenly considered a "liquid asset," and you don't get to play with those toys until the last kid is "off the payroll."

Some are still single to this day.....

opas ride
02-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Hopefully the economy will continue to get better over time which will help a lot of potential buyers spend money on "toys"...I don't see much hope with the current "idiot" in the White House, but things are bound to improve in the USA over time...I read today that Americans are now $ 3.17 trillion dollars in debt with consumer purchases...Mortgages, cars, credit cards, toys, etc. etc...Unfortunately I fall into that category to a point....But as said above, sometimes personal finances, health issues, etc. require us to part ways with some of the things we enjoy but often don't need!!!...Ride safe

terrydj
02-07-2015, 02:48 PM
I'm only speaking for the Harley guys in that they miss the lifestyle, that Harley sells extremely well. There is no lifestyle attached to owning a Honda that's akin to the HD Brand. These are the guys that are in it for the bandanas, chrome and loud pipes.

So true
Harley would never recognize the so called Outlaw element that brought their product but when Vaughn Beals and his cronies brought Harley and went broke and then got Reagon to raise the import tariff on bikes by a zillion percent thay opened a magazine and realized the market for Harleys was actually to the scumbag element and those that wanted to play dress up and pretend they were ????????

In Vaghn Beals own words the HOG club was formed so American accountants could all by Harleys and their products so they could play dress up and pretend they were something they weren't on a Sunday ??

Remember before Beals the only aftermarket product you could by that had a Harley name on it was with luck a T-shirt with the Harley Shield on it??

I mean ??? its 2015 and people are still buying an antique motorcycle with an external push-rod, duel fire motor that has a single disk, single piston front brake caliper and the handling of a wheelbarrow with a flat tyre and one handlebar ???

Ahhhhh but you can buy Harley T-shirts, underpants and after shave to match

Rode an FLH stroker for many many years and sold it in(93/94 when all the trendies brought Harleys Chaps with the bum cut out and Harley Bandanas Tshirts and fake tattoo and rings. :icon_cool:

ff73148
02-07-2015, 03:07 PM
Taxfree4 referred to the Harley lifestyle, that Honda doesn't have one. After buying my F6B I joined GWRRA. I'm involved with a very active chapter and enjoy the club activities. There is a Honda lifestyle.

mikey
02-07-2015, 03:17 PM
I'm only speaking for the Harley guys in that they miss the lifestyle, that Harley sells extremely well. There is no lifestyle attached to owning a Honda that's akin to the HD Brand. These are the guys that are in it for the bandanas, chrome and loud pipes. There is no logical reason to go from an F6B to a Harley except for the leg/hip issues described but I still say that can be corrected with the proper seat/floorboard/backrest/handlebar configuration. I have rheumatoid arthritis and lower back pain and I found the sweet spot on my F6B. Spend more money, less power, air-cooled heating plant with a much higher center of gravity with terrible dealer/customer service, illogical.

+1:yes:

53driver
02-07-2015, 04:33 PM
Taxfree4 referred to the Harley lifestyle, that Honda doesn't have one. After buying my F6B I joined GWRRA. I'm involved with a very active chapter and enjoy the club activities. There is a Honda lifestyle.

Yes. GWRRA is a great organization. My '81 Standard Wing and I were members in San Diego and in Eastern PA. Lots of corporate knowledge and really good people who helped me understand the nuances of my 'first girl." They would do lots of things each weekend and sponsor charities and be "Wingers" - I just couldn't spare the time to be THAT involved.
And unfortunately, life & the USMC called and I was anything but a good club member.

Yes Harley has a huge following and I am a HOG Life Member. I also have stock in Harley from MANY moons ago.
And, I do NOT belong to a local chapter. I find their arrogance towards those of us in the "can't-make-every-chapter-meeting-nor-financially-support-every-thing-planned" category a huge turn off.
I mean, the meetings were on Monday nights. Ever heard of MNF? Really?

I have my own life to live, my own bikes to ride. I affiliate with no brand. I have fun. If something gets in the way of my fun? It goes away.
I pray that I am fiscally able to keep a bike as long as I am able to ride.
And? I use Aqua Velva.....

taxfree4
02-07-2015, 05:46 PM
I wasn't knocking the Honda motorcycle clubs they are great organizations I was just pointing out that it was not akin to the Harley global persona. I find, in my own opinion, that Goldwing, F6B etc riders are more independent riders in they don't need a pack and, in most cases, don't want one. Whereas, the whole Harley mystique is a bunch of friends on the weekend getting together in packs in their pirate outfits and riding loudly to the local diner, eating and spending the next hour in the parking lot comparing chrome, lights, clothing and pipes. And that is fine, it makes them happy and sells a lot of accesories, HD dealers are boutiques these days because the brand is very well marketed. I don't find people walking around with cutoff T-Shirts with a skull on the front with the word Honda across it, or people custom painting their Goldwings with the grim reaper on it. It's just not the brand of the company, thankfully.

Dirtstiff's F6B
02-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Wait a minute...your half right. I don't like to ride with crowds. I wear what I want when I ride whichever bike. But don't pick on my family tree (skulls).. Not taking my self too seriously.

taxfree4
02-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Being half right is about my batting average.

JBnAZ
02-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Or it could simply be some bought it on impulse and had buyers regret, which happens with many bikes. Or, they wanted this bike to be what they thought it would be but it isn't.

Not all bike buyers make sound decisions - shocking I know. :yikes:

Potential 6B buyers should be thrilled some used ones are hitting the market - they will save some cash and probably get some free or close to free farkles.

And so it goes......

hiflyer
02-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Pure numbers. The F6B ownership base is growing, and some people don't hold on to anything very long. Some people want something different. I used to trade a lot, and had more than 1 bike in the garage. Not anymore. Is the F6B perfect? No way, nothing is, but it sure beats anything else I've ridden.

taxfree4
02-07-2015, 07:04 PM
No one bike is going to give you everything you want it's a matter of degrees. In my case it was literally the degrees on my Harley, couldn't take the heat of the 103. I didn't care if the F6B didn't have cruise, I could always fix that, all that mattered is it had liquid cooling, it was a touring bike and it had a solid pedigree. I used to swap every two years with my bikes so maybe they were just waiting for the cruise on the 2015. The F6B buyer is not a first time buyer so there is a lot of time in the saddle and a wealth of riding behind that purchase. Besides there really is no where to go from here, especially not backwards so I am guessing either lifestyle or upgrade. Maybe that's a good question to ask at the dealer when they bring it in.

Steve 0080
02-07-2015, 07:36 PM
53Driver.... You Sir/Friend are way to funny !!!!

53driver
02-07-2015, 07:41 PM
53Driver.... You Sir/Friend are way to funny !!!!

Thank you. Every day I wake up, I have 56,000 seconds to make lives more surreal. I try to have fun....Slainte!

bobbyf6b
02-07-2015, 09:59 PM
I can't help but chuckle when people poke fun of HOG. One friend of mine calls it Hundreds Of Gays. Anyway, I'm a Harley owner and HOG member and really enjoy the camaraderie. My chapter actually rides. I checked out the GWRRA after I got the F6B but quickly found out it stands for Gold Wing Restaurant Raiders Association. I know there are Wing groups out there that do a lot of riding but the ones I've seen around here just ride 50 miles to get ice cream. I love my F6B for commuting and two up traveling but I put a lot of miles on my little Harley and love it just as much. It's just different. I went through a phase of wearing the pirate outfits but have found myself more and more embarrassed to wear the vest and all that crap. Now it just hangs in the closet. I love to ride, no matter what I'm riding, and I don't knock anyone for riding what they like to ride. If you're fists are in the wind, it's all good with me.

Limoles
02-07-2015, 11:21 PM
Maybe it's funny , or maybe unconventional . Due to riding various bikes , I never judge the owners of different brands . My observations are rather focused on the passengers , sitting behind the riders . If I see fluffy , overweight ( and usually ugly ) tits exposers on HDs , I turn my head with disgust . In comparison to pretty , nicely dressed chicks, leaning to their boyfriend's on Ducati's or BMW's , my heart pumps harder and make me designated to ride even more . Is there only one thing , which I really hate , is the German Nazi helmets on riders wearing sneakers and dirty t-shirts.

ps. Please do not accuse me for intollerance .

chipmaker
02-08-2015, 12:15 AM
NightHawk S 700
ZX10
ZX11
HD Dyna
Hayabusa
BMW R1150R
BMW K1200R
BMW R1200RT
HD RoadGlide
Concours 14
HD Deluxe
F6B

So here's what I have owned. I buy whatever I want, I'm not locked into any manufacturer. Most I only keep for a few years. The F6B is going to cost me the most in depreciation.
I have ridden low tech and the highest tech. And here I am about to trade in F6B for another Harley. Guess I'm just not very logical. Or I really like those overpriced shirts.
Thank God I am fortunate enough to ride what I want to ride. I will be selling locally my Madstad windshield.

Limoles
02-08-2015, 12:34 AM
All of them depreciate , unless you have rare , antic piece of art ...

Phantom
02-08-2015, 01:54 AM
:shrug:

Once in a while you see a guy on a Goldwing that thinks he looks COOL .... :puke:

chipmaker
02-08-2015, 03:26 AM
Holy Moly!!!

Kurare79
02-08-2015, 04:50 AM
Whereas, the whole Harley mystique is a bunch of friends on the weekend getting together in packs in their pirate outfits and riding loudly to the local diner, eating and spending the next hour in the parking lot comparing chrome, lights, clothing and pipes.
:lolup: Hahaha just yesterday a new HD-like shop opened in our town and my wife asked me, why i don't go there to watch their opening party. I told her exactly the same :icon_mrgreen:

Yes, my standard pitch to my young, single, Marines was: (...)
Man, i am so happy i only have a wife and a dog... and we all have our own bank accounts :icon_mrgreen:

hoglaw
02-08-2015, 05:58 AM
I can't help but chuckle when people poke fun of HOG. One friend of mine calls it Hundreds Of Gays. Anyway, I'm a Harley owner and HOG member and really enjoy the camaraderie. My chapter actually rides. I checked out the GWRRA after I got the F6B but quickly found out it stands for Gold Wing Restaurant Raiders Association. I know there are Wing groups out there that do a lot of riding but the ones I've seen around here just ride 50 miles to get ice cream. I love my F6B for commuting and two up traveling but I put a lot of miles on my little Harley and love it just as much. It's just different. I went through a phase of wearing the pirate outfits but have found myself more and more embarrassed to wear the vest and all that crap. Now it just hangs in the closet. I love to ride, no matter what I'm riding, and I don't knock anyone for riding what they like to ride. If you're fists are in the wind, it's all good with me.

Written by someone who understands. +1

taxfree4
02-08-2015, 06:46 AM
:lolup: Hahaha just yesterday a new HD-like shop opened in our town and my wife asked me, why i don't go there to watch their opening party. I told her exactly the same :icon_mrgreen:

Man, i am so happy i only have a wife and a dog... and we all have our own bank accounts :icon_mrgreen:

Harley Davidson really brings legitimacy to the weekend warrior. And it's a fact that besides AIDS it's the #2 killer of yuppies and hipsters.

GNW
02-08-2015, 09:59 AM
I like all brands of motorcycles. I ride what I want to ride. I have owned pretty much all brands. None are perfect.
What I dislike are folks that are so opinionated and arrogant and let it show.

MSGT-R
02-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Nope, not ever gonna sell it, and feel sad for those who do.

My last one got punted out from under me and was beyond repair (81 Interstate). I'm thankful for another beautiful machine that I can make fit me, and that's never gonna be a Harley or BMW being only 5 feet tall.

Besides, I think I look like a dork wearing black leather in summer, or a vest full of pins at a Goldwing event. I just like to ride and enjoy others that enjoy their's too.

Very interesting posts, guys!

jaygollner
02-08-2015, 10:17 AM
I like all brands of motorcycles. I ride what I want to ride. I have owned pretty much all brands. None are perfect.

+1:lolup:

taxfree4
02-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Just so nobody gets their feathers ruffled I have been a HD owner for 35 years and no one complains about Harleys more than Harley owners so apparently I need a pass or waiver to comment my OPINION of what started as a misquote from my post. Here is my 2nd bike, a 1200 Sportster, that I am waiting to trade in for the Enfield once they establish a dealer near me. And just in case the scooter guys are on the forum, that is a KYMCO Super 8 150 cc so please don't jump on the bandwagon and take it personally when I say that the Kymco brand is not akin (similar, related, compatible) to the HD persona and brand. Now there will be some Chinese Food delivery guys that may take issue with that but I speak from experience. BTW the joke about HD'S being the #2 killer of yuppies was told by an HD dealer in Ft. Lauderdale, even the yuppie buying the bike laughed. Some people just don't have a sense of humor.

Doug44
02-08-2015, 01:58 PM
Harley Davidson makes a terrific motorcycle. 90% of them ever made are still on the road, the other 10% made it back home
:icon_mrgreen:

Limoles
02-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Some people just don't have a sense of humor.[/QUOTE]

NO KIDDING - Is it that true ?:icon_biggrin:
O , well - some do not like you , because you're to honest .
Personally I enjoy most of your comments .

taxfree4
02-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Harley Davidson makes a terrific motorcycle. 90% of them ever made are still on the road, the other 10% made it back home

Now that's funny, :lolup: and being a Harley owner I am actually not offended at that. I hope you own a Harley because if you don't - hell hath no fury.

taxfree4
02-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Some people just don't have a sense of humor.

NO KIDDING - Is it that true ?:icon_biggrin:
O , well - some do not like you , because you're to honest .
Personally I enjoy most of your comments .[/QUOTE]

Limoles, next time I'm at Harrah's pool in AC drinks are on me

terrydj
02-08-2015, 03:30 PM

Yeap Harley Davidson does put a motorcycle together sometimes ????those not made in India ???
And from memory the only Harley Davidson parts made by Harley are the tins ??????
As the logo on their parts boxes said ???
Engineered in ???????? made in China, India, Taiwan, Germany, Japan and and and :icon_cool:

taxfree4
02-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Just so nobody gets their feathers ruffled I have been a HD owner for 35 years and no one complains about Harleys more than Harley owners so apparently I need a pass or waiver to comment my OPINION of what started as a misquote from my post. Here is my 2nd bike, a 1200 Sportster, that I am waiting to trade in for the Enfield once they establish a dealer near me. And just in case the scooter guys are on the forum, that is a KYMCO Super 8 150 cc so please don't jump on the bandwagon and take it personally when I say that the Kymco brand is not akin (similar, related, compatible) to the HD persona and brand. Now there will be some Chinese Food delivery guys that may take issue with that but I speak from experience. BTW the joke about HD'S being the #2 killer of yuppies was told by an HD dealer in Ft. Lauderdale, even the yuppie buying the bike laughed. Some people just don't have a sense of humor.

Now you have me nostalgic:

Here is the 2013 Road Glide custom I (The heating plant between my legs) for the F6B, at Rick Case Honda in Florida just in case you want to check

taxfree4
02-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Now you have me nostalgic:

Here is the 2013 Road Glide custom I (The heating plant between my legs) for the F6B, at Rick Case Honda in Florida just in case you want to check

Here is my 2010 Street Glide climbing Vail Colorado on a cross country (check the license plate it's the same one on the F6B in my folder just in case you may question)

taxfree4
02-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Here is my 2010 Street Glide climbing Vail Colorado on a cross country (check the license plate it's the same one on the F6B in my folder just in case you may question)

And my 2004 Road King Classic from Brooklyn Harley, who BTW lost the dealership, the only one in Brooklyn. The guy would lose a water stand in a desert.

taxfree4
02-08-2015, 03:52 PM
And my 2004 Road King Classic from Brooklyn Harley, who BTW lost the dealership, the only one in Brooklyn. The guy would lose a water stand in a desert.

So I hope that clears up any hard feelings and gets all the feathers back in the fold and speaking to my grandson about this whole dilemna he wanted to express his opinion. Bear in mind he's very protective of his grandpa

coffee_weasle
02-08-2015, 05:30 PM
:shrug:

Once in a while you see a guy on a Goldwing that thinks he looks COOL .... :puke:

is that PEE WEE Herman?

Sorcerer
02-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Spent 3 1/2 hours to day at the IMS in Minneapols. Hung out around the F6B for awhile. A number of lookers stated if it had had cruise control (when it was first released) "they would have bought one". Hope the 2015 F6B can bring sales. By the way the gray paint on F6B still looked good on Sunday pm.

taxfree4
02-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Spent 3 1/2 hours to day at the IMS in Minneapols. Hung out around the F6B for awhile. A number of lookers stated if it had had cruise control (when it was first released) "they would have bought one". Hope the 2015 F6B can bring sales. By the way the gray paint on F6B still looked good on Sunday pm.

Here is an excerpt from one of my posts on this thread:

"I used to swap every two years with my bikes so maybe they were just waiting for the cruise on the 2015."

This may be why the current owners are dumping them for the cruise, news at 11

I believe that's check and mate

Spank you very much

Limoles
02-08-2015, 08:26 PM
So I hope that clears up any hard feelings and gets all the feathers back in the fold and speaking to my grandson about this whole dilemna he wanted to express his opinion. Bear in mind he's very protective of his grandpa

Super kid. I love his facial and hand's expression. If you'll find similar outfit for me ( size XL ), take with you to AC . I'll be glad to clown around with it ( no need to buy diapers yet ).

vstar09
02-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Wow, You guys are making me feel bad.......My other Bike is a Vstar.....!

taxfree4
02-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Super kid. I love his facial and hand's expression. If you'll find similar outfit for me ( size XL ), take with you to AC . I'll be glad to clown around with it ( no need to buy diapers yet ).

I am on ebay for an XXL unitard or my wife can crochet one, is blue your color?

taxfree4
02-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Wow, You guys are making me feel bad.......My other Bike is a Vstar.....!

Vstar, that is one sweet ride, the 650 classic is a beauty and I would ride that in a heartbeat.

flyboy
02-08-2015, 09:32 PM
+1:lolup:

I like 'em all and I am a member of GWRRA, but when I ride, I ride alone 95% of the time! :icon_biggrin:

Limoles
02-08-2015, 10:12 PM
I am on ebay for an XXL unitard or my wife can crochet one, is blue your color?

You know me already - I love PINK

Phantom
02-09-2015, 03:11 AM
You know me already - I love PINK

Show up at the Rally :077:

GNW
02-09-2015, 07:45 AM

Oh my, I forgot to mention. I JUST LOVE MY F6B !!!

taxfree4
02-09-2015, 08:33 AM
Indian is changing the name of the Scout to the FYH (F#$k You Harley) Honestly, if that Enfield dealer doesn't get going this is a sweet little ride to romp around the city AND it's liquid cooled, technology - it's a beautiful thing. I just saw on TV Carole King is 73, damn. She's reissuing her "Tapestry" album under the new name "It's Cold in here get me a Sweater."

Airborne06
02-09-2015, 09:06 AM
Here is an excerpt from one of my posts on this thread:

"I used to swap every two years with my bikes so maybe they were just waiting for the cruise on the 2015."

This may be why the current owners are dumping them for the cruise, news at 11

I believe that's check and mate

Spank you very much

I'd love to trade my 2013 for a 2015 with the cruise and new exhaust...but I figure I would have to cough up around 6-7 grand! That's a really expensive cruise control and exhaust!

Phantom
02-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Gentlemen,

Just remember that you own one of the most reliable motorcycle platforms ever built.
Compare it to shoes ... one size doesn't fit all.

Japanese bikes rarely appreciate in value, however there is a cost to play. What you lose in value is far less then what you would be spending at repair shops for years to come with other far less reliable motorcycles.

ENJOY this great Bike, many wish they could have one yet can't afford it. Count your Blessings and be grateful for all of the smiles that this bike gives you. I love my COUCH Rocket and would only get rid of it for a newer model, nothing less.

JUST fill the GAS tank and ride, ride, ride :cheers:

taxfree4
02-09-2015, 10:43 AM
I'd love to trade my 2013 for a 2015 with the cruise and new exhaust...but I figure I would have to cough up around 6-7 grand! That's a really expensive cruise control and exhaust!

I use the Omni Cruise for $50 and it has never failed. The good part is that it has thumb screw so you can secure it better

53driver
02-09-2015, 10:47 AM
I use the Omni Cruise for $50 and it has never failed. The good part is that it has thumb screw so you can secure it better

Kury Throttle Boss. No worries. Nothing to jam or come undone - full analog control, 24/7.

taxfree4
02-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Kury Throttle Boss. No worries. Nothing to jam or come undone - full analog control, 24/7.

53 D -Can you take your hand off the wheel with that, I'll take a look at it.

opas ride
02-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Right on my friend!!..Unless one has plenty of $$ to "piss down a rat hole" cruise and a black exhaust is senseless.....Many of us rarely use the cruise from what I read and exhaust noise is a personal thing.....Ride safe and enjoy what you have!!!

taxfree4
02-09-2015, 12:52 PM
53 D -Can you take your hand off the wheel with that, I'll take a look at it.

Doesn't seem like you can, it's more of a palm rest, which I have, but the Carpal Tunnel requires a let off and shake.

53driver
02-09-2015, 01:55 PM
Doesn't seem like you can, it's more of a palm rest, which I have, but the Carpal Tunnel requires a let off and shake.

Nah...it's heel of the palm activated. I don't have carpal, and this isn't a "let go and shake" for too long type thing.
It lets me wiggle my fingers, clench a fist, rotate my wrist somewhat by putting my thumb on the Boss.

But if you need to let go and shake it out for more than a few seconds, this is not the answer.

edgeman55
02-09-2015, 08:46 PM

I'm in the same boat as the value of the 13's has crashed.So this is my cruise control.It's a Breakaway which lets me relax the wrist and I like the fact that it has two ways to unlock with the push of the lever or a pull on the brake handle.2603

Limoles
02-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Show up at the Rally :077:

I'll try - honestly - I'll try

taxfree4
02-09-2015, 09:25 PM
I'm in the same boat as the value of the 13's has crashed.So this is my cruise control.It's a Breakaway which lets me relax the wrist and I like the fact that it has two ways to unlock with the push of the lever or a pull on the brake handle.11251

I bought the Brakeaway, sent it back for one reason, the brake pivot bolt was too short to get the acorn nut on once you attached the L bracket from the unit. Brakeaway doesn't supply you with a longer one. Actually, after calling Brian from Brakeaway he said maybe Honda gave me short ones, which I knew was BS.

bigbird
02-09-2015, 09:38 PM
I bought the Brakeaway, sent it back for one reason, the brake pivot bolt was too short to get the acorn nut on once you attached the L bracket from the unit. Brakeaway doesn't supply you with a longer one. Actually, after calling Brian from Brakeaway he said maybe Honda gave me short ones, which I knew was BS.

That's strange.

My Brakeaway came with all the correct parts to properly install on my F6B.

Something is rotten in Denmark. (Or Brooklyn) :iduno:

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 06:10 AM
That's strange.

My Brakeaway came with all the correct parts to properly install on my F6B.

Something is rotten in Denmark. (Or Brooklyn) :iduno:

The Brakeaway came with all the parts except once I removed the acorn nut and slipped the little L bracket on that pivot bolt there was nothing left for it to grab on to. You didn't change that bolt did you? That would be a major error.

bigbird
02-10-2015, 07:49 AM
The Brakeaway came with all the parts except once I removed the acorn nut and slipped the little L bracket on that pivot bolt there was nothing left for it to grab on to. You didn't change that bolt did you? That would be a major error.

I only used the parts supplied to me by Brakeaway.
I really don't remember the details, as it was 7 months ago. It works fine, so I must have assembled it correctly. There are a few others on the forum who have installed a Breakaway. Yours is the first I have heard of any problem.

I just went out to the garage to have a look. The bracket and acorn nut look fine. I pulled out the little bag of leftover parts and Allen keys that it came with. In the bag was a short bolt with a hex head on it. I wonder if my kit came with 2 bolts and I used the longer one? Now you've got me wondering.

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 07:59 AM
I even did a video pointing out the problem, no sound, I don't know why.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9P24NDBViRk

bigbird
02-10-2015, 08:23 AM
Tried to play your video. It says "This video is private".

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 08:30 AM
I only used the parts supplied to me by Brakeaway.
I really don't remember the details, as it was 7 months ago. It works fine, so I must have assembled it correctly. There are a few others on the forum who have installed a Breakaway. Yours is the first I have heard of any problem.

I just went out to the garage to have a look. The bracket and acorn nut look fine. I pulled out the little bag of leftover parts and Allen keys that it came with. In the bag was a short bolt with a hex head on it. I wonder if my kit came with 2 bolts and I used the longer one? Now you've got me wondering.

Well the stock bolt would have a screw head on it so that would be easy. As far as changing the acorn to a flat nut, I wouldn't do it personally as that would be seen, in case something happened God forbid, as altering a Honda stock part to accommodate an aftermarket item.

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 08:34 AM
Tried to play your video. It says "This video is private".

I'll make it public

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 08:39 AM
I'll make it public

Should be good now

bigbird
02-10-2015, 10:58 AM
I checked and took a quick photo.
My stock brake lever slotted screw connects to the acorn nut. I have no idea why yours didn't fit.

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 11:03 AM
I checked and took a quick photo.
My stock brake lever slotted screw connects to the acorn nut. I have no idea why yours didn't fit.

Is it just on there by a few threads? As you can see by the video there is nothing left to grab onto after that L bracket goes on. The acorn nut just sits there without grabbing anything.

bigbird
02-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Is it just on there by a few threads? As you can see by the video there is nothing left to grab onto after that L bracket goes on. The acorn nut just sits there without grabbing anything.

I don't remember, maybe was it a nylock acorn nut? Do you remember?

If that's the case, it wouldn't come loose on even a couple of threads.

If not a nylock acorn nut, I think it would have vibrated loose in 3k km of late season riding if just a few threads were holding it on.

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 11:57 AM
I don't remember, maybe was it a nylock acorn nut? Do you remember?

If that's the case, it wouldn't come loose on even a couple of threads.

If not a nylock acorn nut, I think it would have vibrated loose in 3k km of late season riding if just a few threads were holding it on.

Kilometer, what the he'll is that? The back story is the video was private because I called Brian from Brakeaway and told him of the problem and he had no answer for me so I said I would post the YouTube video so maybe someone who had the same problem may have a remedy. He begged me not to do it, strange, so I said I would send it to him privately so he could look at it himself and see if he had an answer. Sent it and never heard from him again despite calling and leaving messages on the answering machine and with the secretary. Strange.

bigbird
02-10-2015, 12:37 PM
Kilometer, what the he'll is that? .

The metre is 1000 times the base unit for measuring distances on this planet, and in orbit around this planet. It originated as a dimension based on one ten millionth of the distance, along a quadrant through Paris, of the distance from the equator to the north pole.
It is easy to use, universal (except for the 3 backwards countries of the USA, Liberia, and Myanmar), and relies on repeatable scientific measurements, not on origins based on non-repeatable human measurements (foot, inch, cubit, etc).
From 1960 to 1983 the metre was defined as 1,650,763.73 wavelengths of the orange-red radiation of krypton 86 under specified conditions; and now defined as 1/299,792,458 of the distance light travels in a vacuum in one second.

You wanted to know. :hijack:

Back to the Brakeaway?

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 01:01 PM
The metre is 1000 times the base unit for measuring distances on this planet, and in orbit around this planet. It originated as a dimension based on one ten millionth of the distance, along a quadrant through Paris, of the distance from the equator to the north pole.
It is easy to use, universal (except for the 3 backwards countries of the USA, Liberia, and Myanmar), and relies on repeatable scientific measurements, not on origins based on non-repeatable human measurements (foot, inch, cubit, etc).
From 1960 to 1983 the metre was defined as 1,650,763.73 wavelengths of the orange-red radiation of krypton 86 under specified conditions; and now defined as 1/299,792,458 of the distance light travels in a vacuum in one second.

Back to the Brakeaway?

That was a rhetorical question but thanks for the full answer I don't like vague answers

edgeman55
02-10-2015, 01:11 PM

Can't explain why your bolt was short on your bike but like Bigbird has said my bracket went on fine with plenty of thread left to make me comfortable with the install.Mine has been on for 10+ thousand miles(notice I did not use the dreaded K figure).It has been used a lot and has not come loose and works flawlessly.Maybe the owner of Breakaway has a valid point that your bolts were shorter for whatever reason.If this was a common problem on F6B's or Wings you would not have been the first with the problem.I still recomend this one because of the way it can be released by the brake handle which IMHO is a great safety feature for a older slow brain like me:icon_lol:

BIGLRY
02-10-2015, 01:15 PM

Back to the Brakeaway?Hey bigbird as a proud to be American and original member of WAM (We Ain't Metric) I take umbrage with you statement "backwards countries of the USA" God gave me a foot and I use it... to walk and wrench... I do own a Canadian Adjustable Metric wrench:tools1: which comes in handy for...:stirthepot: &:poke:
Now if ya want to talk about weird measurements how about Whitworth. :pbt:
Thankfully we got away from that in 1776.:icon_smflag:
It's 75 degrees Fahrenheit (°F to you north of the border USA wantabees) & sunny,:th_sunbathe:
time to ride. .nothing.to.sdd.
End of:hijack::cheers::alc:

Limoles
02-10-2015, 01:34 PM
[QUOTE=bigbird;62193]The metre is 1000 times the base unit for measuring distances on this planet, and in orbit around this planet. It originated as a dimension based on one ten millionth of the distance, along a quadrant through Paris, of the distance from the equator to the north pole.

Americans were trying to join international metric system already . Since introduction of 2 LITER Coca Cola bottle , for over 30 years ( or so ) , US Congress is having prolonged debates with this issue and can't decide , where to go with it and how to teach children , to adopt "such a strange conversion". Just in case keep this subject under "American Exceptionalism" umbrella .

bigbird
02-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Hey bigbird as a proud to be American and original member of WAM (We Ain't Metric) I take umbrage with you statement "backwards countries of the USA"

You guys will see the light sooner than later.
Little do most people know that every US auto manufacturer has long since gone metric.
Don't know about HD, Victory, or Indian, and don't care, either.

Limoles
02-10-2015, 02:53 PM
Why Are There 100 Cents In A Dollar? Ask Thomas Jefferson.

Thomas Jefferson loved the decimal system.

In the years after the American Revolution, American money was a total mess.

Each former colony had its own currency, typically denominated in pounds. But a Maryland pound, say, didn't equal a New York pound, and neither equaled a Pennsylvania pound. British pounds were also in widespread use in the U.S., as were Spanish dollars. And Congress printed notes of its own.

The currencies were all divisible in different ways. The British pound was divided into 20 shillings, and each shilling was divided into 12 pence. The Spanish dollar was divisible into eight reales, one for every finger (thumbs didn't count).

The founding fathers agreed that the former colonies needed a single currency to help unite them into a single country. Even Thomas Jefferson, famously wary of the power of the central government, thought the currency situation was crazy.

In April of 1784, Jefferson wrote Notes on the Establishment of a Money Unit, and of a Coinage for the United States. It's essentially this 11-page ramble about currency, rates of exchange, weights of gold and silver coins. It made the U.S. dollar what it is today.

Jefferson's 1784 essay "Notes on the Establishment of a Money Unit, and of a Coinage for the United States."

The U.S. needed a currency that was so simple that any farmer could do his own accounting, Jefferson said. "The bulk of mankind are schoolboys through life," he wrote. "These little perplexities are always great to them."

The U.S. currency shouldn't be divided into eight pieces, like the Spanish dollar. It shouldn't be divided into 90 pennies, as Robert Morris, the central government's superintendent of finance believed. The dollar had to be decimalized — divided based on powers of 10. "Every one knows the facility of Decimal Arithmetic," he wrote.

Jefferson wasn't the inventor of the dollar, and he wasn't the first person to come up with decimalization. But he was extremely influential, and it was his influence that persuaded the new government to do things the way he outlined in this essay.

In 1792, Congress passed the Coinage Act, which laid out the national currency — including dollars, quarters, dimes (then known as "dismes") and cents, "each to be the value of the one hundredth of a dollar."

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 03:02 PM
You guys will see the light sooner than later.
Little do most people know that every US auto manufacturer has long since gone metric.
Don't know about HD, Victory, or Indian, and don't care, either.

Don't make fun of our measuring system and I won't pick on those big-eared, inbred pedophiles you call a Royal Family, anyway, back to Brakeaway. I have to look at the Gauge of the L bracket as that would be the only variable. The only explanation that I can see is maybe, as a safeguard, they decided to increase that particular piece being it does take a beating. Outside of that I don't t think Honda decided to pick me to give a short bolt to. BTW Harley is metric, SAE, torx, hex, slotted, Phillips etc. etc it's their way of saying - bring it to the dealer.

Limoles
02-10-2015, 03:18 PM
What they talking about ? Beside counting and collecting money from former colonies , I know nothing about any
other systems . For me , the ONLY IMPERIAL measures counts .

bigbird
02-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Don't make fun of our measuring system and I won't pick on those big-eared, inbred pedophiles you call a Royal Family

:icon_laugh: .funnychit.

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 04:50 PM
No they're not inbred, BTW I honeymooned in Niagara Falls in case the fact checkers are around.

bigbird
02-10-2015, 04:57 PM
BTW I honeymooned in Niagara Falls

Which time? :hump: :bendover:

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Which time? :hump: :bendover:

Now that's funny, which time was it you asked? The last time.

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 05:30 PM
I was just browsing Cruiser Customizing and the Brakeaway Head Banner declaring:

"New and Improved" and then it proceeded:

"All new mounting hardware makes installation much faster and easier than ever before.
Clamp tension is adjusted by simply turning one screw. Tension setting is less prone to the effects of temperature. Finally!! A mechanical throttle management device that combines, Style, Quality, and Safety."

Why? Was the mounting hardware slow and difficult before? I didn't find that, actually it was fairly easy up until the end. mmmm Or does the new one come with an extended pivot screw?
News at 11

bigbird
02-10-2015, 05:40 PM
Now that's funny, which time was it you asked? The last time.

Hopefully, it's the LAST last time.

Mind you, your greenback is likely worth 25% more right now than it was the last time.
Who knows, maybe if you venture back into "real" Canada (not that shitty one foot across the border stuff), but into Northern or NW Ontario, or heaven forbid, Friendly Manitoba, you might actually like it.

Just one recommendation:

Leave your handgun at home. They are classified here as restricted weapons. If you bring it, don't declare it, and get caught smuggling it into Canada, to jail you will go. If you bring it and declare it, the border officers will either escort you back to the US side of customs, or they'll confiscate it. Either way, you'll lose either your weapon or your trip.
And mace and pepper spray are classified the same as restricted weapons. So don't bring those either.
Condoms however, especially for Niagara Falls, are OK.

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 05:45 PM
My man is gone I have no interest

bigbird
02-10-2015, 05:55 PM
I was just browsing Cruiser Customizing and the Brakeaway Head Banner declaring:

"New and Improved" and then it proceeded:

"All new mounting hardware makes installation much faster and easier than ever before.
Clamp tension is adjusted by simply turning one screw. Tension setting is less prone to the effects of temperature. Finally!! A mechanical throttle management device that combines, Style, Quality, and Safety."

In looking at Brakeaway's website, not all the models have been revamped. The newly redesigned model numbers begin with a 7.
The F6B model is still a 6CP03. It hasn't been updated..... yet.

53driver
02-10-2015, 06:13 PM
In looking at Brakeaway's website, not all the models have been revamped. The newly redesigned model numbers begin with a 7.

I guess that's better than 6 C3PO....

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 06:18 PM

I can get used to having an assisstant, get Brian from Brakeaway on the phone, pronto, and book me a dinner for 2 at the Skylon Tower 6:00 p.m. dozen roses for the misses.

bigbird
02-10-2015, 07:42 PM
I can get used to having an assisstant, get Brian from Brakeaway on the phone, pronto, and book me a dinner for 2 at the Skylon Tower 6:00 p.m. dozen roses for the misses.

Just giving the facts, ma'am, as they used to say on Dragnet.

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 07:56 PM
Just giving the facts, ma'am, as they used to say on Dragnet.

Facts are OK but I would still like to get to the bottom of the matter as this doesn't make sense and because Brakeaway never returned any calls we couldn't compare motes.

unsub
02-11-2015, 08:14 PM
And? I use Aqua Velva.....

Hell, I trust you then. Should be part of every kit! :icon_biggrin:

blackmetoc
02-20-2015, 09:20 PM
Yes, my standard pitch to my young, single, Marines was:
- Right now, whole world is your toybox. You can get what you want within financial reason, and not have to answer to anyone but yourself.
- When you get married, your toybox suddenly has a bottom, two sides and a front and a back. You can still play with your toys and get new toys, but whatever is "sticking out the top," you are going to hear about.
- When you have children, the lid closes. Whatever was sticking out the top gets chopped, everything in that toybox is suddenly considered a "liquid asset," and you don't get to play with those toys until the last kid is "off the payroll."

Some are still single to this day.....

I wasn't once, but am now. I find it, pleasant and invigorating.

blackmetoc
02-20-2015, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=bobbyf6b;61902] I know there are Wing groups out there that do a lot of riding but the ones I've seen around here just ride 50 miles to get ice cream. I love my F6B for commuting and two up traveling but I put a lot of miles on my little Harley and love it just as much. It's just different.

mmmm, ice cream.

TouchOfGray
03-09-2015, 09:43 PM
My 2015 F6BD is black/silver matte and looks bad enough to be a member of any club..... I notice the HD riders always give a nod to my bike. I had a low rider for 3 years and it bothered my hips. The F6B is a lot more comfortable- and I can hear the music at more than legal speed.......

terrydj
03-10-2015, 12:06 AM
Still reckon that if Honda had a F6B T-Shirt collecting crowd The previous Harley Davidson owners would stay????????:icon_cool:

Brian D
03-10-2015, 09:29 PM
I have considered getting rid of my f6. But unfortunately when you pay close to retail less than a year ago and the damn thing isn't worth shit on trade it kinda makes ya pissed off. First let me say that I love this bike but it has dropped in value so fast that I'm forced to keep it. I'm not loyal to any one brand. I could care less what the make is. But I will say I could handle loosing 3grand unloading my harley after a year of ownership. But this bike is literally worth almost 10 grand less on trade vs what I paid for it. it all comes down to sales. This bike isn't selling. No matter how ya look at it dealers are having a hard time getting rid of there left over 13's. And what the 15 is gonna sell any better. Ohh wow why cause it has cruise and different color scheme WOW big deal. Us guys who paid nearly msrp couldn't trade up if we wanted to cause we are buried in ours. Like I said I love this bike as far as performance and handling and all around comfort but I just needed to vent about how it isn't worth jack crap on trade or even resale for that matter. Well at least it's a honda and it will run forever cause it will take that long to break even or even somewhat close. I gotta say this and I had problems with my 13roadglide all of which were covered under warranty at least it didn't drop no were even close to half of what I paid for it like this f6 did....Just saying. All this being said I still love this bike but all the crown royal I had for dinner tonight and reading this thread struck a nerve

Old Ryder
03-10-2015, 09:43 PM
I have considered getting rid of my f6. But unfortunately when you pay close to retail less than a year ago and the damn thing isn't worth shit on trade it kinda makes ya pissed off. First let me say that I love this bike but it has dropped in value so fast that I'm forced to keep it. I'm not loyal to any one brand. I could care less what the make is. But I will say I could handle loosing 3grand unloading my harley after a year of ownership. But this bike is literally worth almost 10 grand less on trade vs what I paid for it. it all comes down to sales. This bike isn't selling. No matter how ya look at it dealers are having a hard time getting rid of there left over 13's. And what the 15 is gonna sell any better. Ohh wow why cause it has cruise and different color scheme WOW big deal. Us guys who paid nearly msrp couldn't trade up if we wanted to cause we are buried in ours. Like I said I love this bike as far as performance and handling and all around comfort but I just needed to vent about how it isn't worth jack crap on trade or even resale for that matter. Well at least it's a honda and it will run forever cause it will take that long to break even or even somewhat close. I gotta say this and I had problems with my 13roadglide all of which were covered under warranty at least it didn't drop no were even close to half of what I paid for it like this f6 did....Just saying. All this being said I still love this bike but all the crown royal I had for dinner tonight and reading this thread struck a nerve

Wow. I had the same reaction when I heard my VTX 1800 was discontinued. All I can say is that today in Daytona, I was at the Honda tent and BY FAR the F6B display was stealing the show. For every person looking at any other Honda, there were 4 looking at the B. Just sayin

motoman
03-10-2015, 09:59 PM
I have considered getting rid of my f6. But unfortunately when you pay close to retail less than a year ago and the damn thing isn't worth shit on trade it kinda makes ya pissed off. First let me say that I love this bike but it has dropped in value so fast that I'm forced to keep it.

I think a lot of this is due to lack of awareness of the F6. As soon as people hear 'Goldwing' they assume it's a full Wing, and I am surprised how few people know anything about the F6. The other thing is the size of the bike, and again the assumption is it's big and heavy, handles poorly and is tough to deal with. Of course we all know different, but maybe Honda will spend a little $$$ promoting the F6 a little better. And eventually maybe awareness will increase, and stripped black 13's will be in high demand over those silly Yellow ones.

:moon:

chipmaker
03-10-2015, 10:23 PM

I had to beg the HD dealer to take my F6B in trade. They own a Honda dealership and knew the true low value of the F6B. I traded it anyway, life is too short to be on a bike you don't enjoy. Honda discounted new ones right off the bat, then when they couldn't sell them, they discounted them even more. Never had a issue with my F6B except paint, just not the bike for me. Must be the t-shirts and Harley dogs that brought me back.

mercator1
03-10-2015, 10:27 PM

I think the resale value debacle is a direct result of Honda screwing the buyers and dealers with the exclusion of cruise control, etc. It was a dumb, penny pinching move, and I knew the addition of cruise was inevitable, so I waited. Now I'm continuing to wait, because I can't bring myself to buy a new 2015 model when I've seen the bottom drop in the value of the '13 and '14 models. I'd be an idiot to buy it right now. I'll wait until the model year is changing and they are cutting the prices by 1/3 again. Until then, my R1200RT will have to suffice. After having the BMW for a season, I really have become a huge fan of cruise and electric windscreen. I'd probably be on a Victory Vision right now, which has those things and is more comfy than the Beemer, but the amount of heat generated by that thing in Summer riding is unbearable in Alabama.

terrydj
03-10-2015, 10:41 PM
In all honesty I think those thinking of selling should:yes:
If you ride a bike and don't just own one you will know their are very few better.
Yeah they mightn't have the T-shirts or the backup from magazines to support them or a Company purely focused on providing aftermarket so they can stay afloat???
But you can ride them and ride them for distances.
But then again even when they are shiny and yah pull up for yah Latte at Maccas they still dont get the look of those loud ones and yah definitely cant dress up like one of the Village People and ride em and be accepted like those on other Antique styled motorcycles
But the F6B does handle. does have brakes that work, does accelerate, does have storage for more than a Brando jacket aside and is really comfortable :icon_cool:

SoCal Rich
03-10-2015, 10:41 PM
I think a lot of this is due to lack of awareness of the F6. As soon as people hear 'Goldwing' they assume it's a full Wing, and I am surprised how few people know anything about the F6. The other thing is the size of the bike, and again the assumption is it's big and heavy, handles poorly and is tough to deal with. Of course we all know different, but maybe Honda will spend a little $$$ promoting the F6 a little better. And eventually maybe awareness will increase, and stripped black 13's will be in high demand over those silly Yellow ones.

I agree with you motoman. I always thought a Goldwing was an old fart bike, so never took the time to understand how well it performs. Somehow the F6B caught my eye and I found a dealer with a demo unit. After I rode it, there was no turning back. The power and smoothness are unfrickin believable. I'm hearing more and more people in my riding circles talking about them. I think they'll catch on in popularity. No too much, I hope. I don't want to see too many of them around, prefer that mine stay somewhat unique.

Brian D
03-10-2015, 10:49 PM
I appreciate all the comments I just felt like I needed to vent about the resale and trade in value. I really do like the bike but I have a Beamer really catching my eye (k1600) and it just sucks to know the f6 isn't worth much on trade.

B-builder
03-12-2015, 08:16 AM
I have a 6 and love it. I also hang with my friends at the Harley shop. But I will never own a Harley agian

opas ride
03-12-2015, 11:38 AM
I appreciate all the comments I just felt like I needed to vent about the resale and trade in value. I really do like the bike but I have a Beamer really catching my eye (k1600) and it just sucks to know the f6 isn't worth much on trade.
I also love my F6B and plan to keep it a while...But, also like the BMW 1600GT and would consider one later on if the F6B's value had not "tanked" so bad. I would be lucky to get $10,000-$12,000 for a bike I paid damn near twice that for 18 months ago...Granted I had it custom painted, Cobra pipes, Mustang seat, and other goodies installed, but Honda should be ashamed of themselves, in my opinion, for their selfish marketing practices and causing the value of a really nice bike to drop so dramatically so fast!!!...I know they are not selling very well as my dealer still has 2013's on the floor and has refused to stock 2014/15's until he dumps the leftovers....Oh well, just venting and will wait until the roads are clear and go ride a terrific motorcycle and be thankful for that.....Ride safe

Ixol Phaane
03-12-2015, 12:27 PM
...And eventually maybe awareness will increase, and stripped black 13's will be in high demand over those silly Yellow ones.

:lolup:
I really like you, motoman. You're always an optimist... And such a Dreamer!

smokinjoe187
03-12-2015, 12:48 PM
i've read this post for a while now,i really believe those who sell there bike should,its apparent the f6b is not for every one,i always read these posts and chuckle sometimes...
the f6b may not ever hold the value of the harley,we knew that going in to this,iv'e sold honda's and lost money on them before but lets be honest those who ride them and i me really ride them keep them
this bike will out last all the harley's you buy now,and to be honest have way less china shit on them
words of advice,if the bike don't fit you sell it or don't buy it,you wont change it like a harley
to many x harley guys are locked in to the kool aid
enjoy those new bikes,i will be riding mine.

Limoles
03-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Since I never made profit on any bike , I accepted losses . Today nothing is holding value well , with little exception of limited Runes (?) . It's the price of our happiness and joy anyway . On the long run makes sense to have it .
I'm attached to my toys . Without them , life could be empty ...

grendl
03-14-2015, 10:34 PM
I bought my '13 and got a pretty good deal on it. Has a few extras so I'm pretty happy,even though I couldnt sell it for what I paid. THAT difference is more than made up by the enjoyment I have gotten riding it.All told, I bought my bike from a guy that traded his Harley for it, then traded it back to a Harley dealer for another Harley.
Works for me !
Would I sell mine ? Sure - 23K firm. And guess where I'll be the next morning? My Honda dealer buying a new one :-)
Besides,if I had wanted an investment,I'd have bought IBM stock.
I bought a motorcycle that I love and am very cool with that decision.....

jlyon
03-14-2015, 11:06 PM
Well... I own an F6B, an H-D CVO FatBob and a Vic XCT... I love all of them...

They each have a different riding "feel", and each bring a smile to my face...

It's not what you ride, it's that you ride at all....

Just MHO...

chipmaker
03-14-2015, 11:18 PM
Well... I own an F6B, an H-D CVO FatBob and a Vic XCT... I love all of them...

They each have a different riding "feel", and each bring a smile to my face...

It's not what you ride, it's that you ride at all....

Just MHO...

lucky man...

Rcx
03-16-2015, 02:23 AM
Just sell it and stop whining

motoman
03-16-2015, 11:07 AM
I really like you, motoman. You're always an optimist... And such a Dreamer!

People always want what they can't get.

Watch what happens when Honda discontinues the Black F6B. :icon_cool:

smokinjoe187
03-19-2015, 02:05 AM
People always want what they can't get.

Watch what happens when Honda discontinues the Black F6B. :icon_cool:

yup

G-Man
03-20-2015, 12:02 AM
Stock market at all time high
American cars better and selling
Gas $2 / gallon