PDA

View Full Version : Heated Gloves

taxfree4
02-09-2015, 08:16 PM
I just got these delivered today Venture Heat Grand Touring Gloves with Thinsulate.Insulation 100 gram, Dintex Waterproof and Breathable membrane. I read some reviews I'm just going to try them tomorrow if it doesnt snow. The Harley Gauntlets just aren't doing it in the 20 - 25 degree weather.

wantone
02-09-2015, 09:31 PM
I just got these delivered today Venture Heat Grand Touring Gloves with Thinsulate.Insulation 100 gram, Dintex Waterproof and Breathable membrane. I read some reviews I'm just going to try them tomorrow if it doesnt snow. The Harley Gauntlets just aren't doing it in the 20 - 25 degree weather.

I have Gerbings heated gear, gloves and love them.

Jimmytee
02-09-2015, 09:35 PM
I got a full set of heated gear that included glove liners. I actually where the ventilated summer leather gloves over the liners and my hands are very warm. I found with insulated gloves, my hands were too hot with the liners.

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 06:02 AM
I have Gerbings heated gear, gloves and love them.

I was looking at the Gerbing Hybrids but when I went order them from Rezilla they were discontinuing them already.

taxfree4
02-10-2015, 09:34 PM
I just got these delivered today Venture Heat Grand Touring Gloves with Thinsulate.Insulation 100 gram, Dintex Waterproof and Breathable membrane. I read some reviews I'm just going to try them tomorrow if it doesn't snow. The Harley Gauntlets just aren't doing it in the 20 - 25 degree weather.

Hooked up the wires today, test the gloves tomorrow, it's supposed to be 21 degrees going up to a balmy 30. That's -6.1 degrees up to 1.1 degrees Celsius for our Canadian neighbors. Judging by the wind/chill chart I'm screwed by any measurement.

bigbird
02-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Hooked up the wires today, test the gloves tomorrow, it's supposed to be 21 degrees going up to a balmy 30. That's -6.1 degrees up to 1.1 degrees Celsius for our Canadian neighbors. Judging by the wind/chill chart I'm screwed by any measurement.

You forgot the minus sign in front of the 1.1 C

taxfree4
02-11-2015, 05:43 AM
You forgot the minus sign in front of the 1.1 C

It's the first time I'm using this wacky measurement, cut me some slack. :shrug:

bigbird
02-11-2015, 07:45 AM
It's the first time I'm using this wacky measurement, cut me some slack. :shrug:

I bet if you had installed the Brakeaway metrically, it would fit. :crackup:

taxfree4
02-11-2015, 08:24 AM
I bet if you had installed the Brakeaway metrically, it would fit. :crackup:

Or the pivot screw would only be 3 cm short

taxfree4
02-11-2015, 12:35 PM

Took a 40 mile trip with these this morning to test them out, it was 32 degrees out factoring in going 60 miles an hour which works out to be -1 degrees according to the wind chill calendar. Started the bike, hooked them up and by the time I took off they were toasty, about 4 minutes. I set these on high to warm the glove up then I could back off if needed. The gloves worked flawlessly and I made sure to keep my hands as far out as possible to get the most wind on them. The pinkies over to the middle finger are usually the ones that go numb with the Harley gauntlets that not only didn't happen but those particular fingers stayed warm despite getting the brunt of the wind. I will keep riding with these and will keep updating but for now these get a definite thumbs up. After researching over a month all types of heated gloves I narrowed it down to these partly because everything comes in one package, no extra heat-trollers to buy, sometimes for another $100 over the price of the glove, just plug and play. For price to quality I don't think I could have done better, we'll see.

hiflyer
02-11-2015, 02:02 PM
With heated grips and baker hand wings, I wear a pair of thin glove liners under my winter gloves, and never have cold hands. If I didn't have the grips I'd check these out. Thx for the info, I will retain for future needs.

taxfree4
02-11-2015, 02:22 PM
With heated grips and baker hand wings, I wear a pair of thin glove liners under my winter gloves, and never have cold hands. If I didn't have the grips I'd check these out. Thx for the info, I will retain for future needs.

I am very interested in the Baker Hand Wings, heard a lot about them but never knew anyone that had them, I will definitely look into them. So they do the job?

terrydj
02-11-2015, 03:22 PM
That cold weather must suck :no:
Here in the land down under in Queensland on the Gold Coast we average around 25C (77F) all year
But when I'm up North on the Coal it does get to 50C (130F) and above
Currently its 6.30am, raining and 24C (75F) :icon_cool:

taxfree4
02-11-2015, 04:37 PM
That cold weather must suck :no:
Here in the land down under in Queensland on the Gold Coast we average around 25C (77F) all year
But when I'm up North on the Coal it does get to 50C (130F) and above
Currently its 6.30am, raining and 24C (75F) :icon_cool:

Actually, these gloves opened up a whole new riding season, as long as it doesn't snow. The cold never bothered me but I had every piece of textile gear except the gloves, why I don't know. The temps are supposed to drop here Sunday it's supposed to be 16 degrees so I'll take a short ride on the parkway just to see what happens.

hiflyer
02-11-2015, 05:50 PM
I am very interested in the Baker Hand Wings, heard a lot about them but never knew anyone that had them, I will definitely look into them. So they do the job?

I've said many times that they are the best addition I've done to any bike . Works summer and winter

terrydj
02-12-2015, 01:42 AM
Actually, these gloves opened up a whole new riding season, as long as it doesn't snow. The cold never bothered me but I had every piece of textile gear except the gloves, why I don't know. The temps are supposed to drop here Sunday it's supposed to be 16 degrees so I'll take a short ride on the parkway just to see what happens.

Yeah I've seen snow
Looks bloody cold, and wet
Seen it heaps of times on the TV while I'm sitting here with the Air Con on set to 24 C (Around 78 F) :icon_cool:

taxfree4
02-12-2015, 05:07 AM
Yeah I've seen snow
Looks bloody cold, and wet
Seen it heaps of times on the TV while I'm sitting here with the Air Con on set to 24 C (Around 78 F) :icon_cool:

If I didn't like Mel Gibson so much I'd say something. Actually, one of my uncles was in the Pacific during WWII and met quite a few Australian soldiers, said they were as tough as nails but got a kick out of the crazy tests of strength they would do.

GiddyupF6B
02-12-2015, 09:58 AM
I bought a pair of lithium battery powered heated gloves in January and they been awesome. Best part is no wires. On low or med they last about 8 hrs, at 3/4 or high they last 4-5 hours. They were about $225 retail but with my discount they ended up be $200 exactly. Well worth it imo.....

taxfree4
02-12-2015, 10:29 AM
I was thinking about battery powered but decided against it in the end. Between the cell phone, mp3, tablet, mini tablet and GPS I can't plug anything else in. These were $149 including shipping.

terrydj
02-12-2015, 01:57 PM
If I didn't like Mel Gibson so much I'd say something. Actually, one of my uncles was in the Pacific during WWII and met quite a few Australian soldiers, said they were as tough as nails but got a kick out of the crazy tests of strength they would do.

I was with an Army training mob here in Australia and heard this funny story from an American soldier.
Said he was overseas doing what you do with some Australians and it had hit the fan pretty bad?
So he's lying in the dirt besides this Aussy and the Aussy starts telling him about this chick he picked up in the Cross (A Sleasy part of Sydney)
Mateship and the Aussy's sense of humor when it gets tough.:icon_cool:

Limoles
02-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Since I'm skier , I decided to test ski gloves , which I found are perfect for biking in cold as well .
There are so many to chose from , but I would recommend high quality , which still can be 2 x cheaper ,
than designated only for motorcycles .

53driver
02-12-2015, 08:43 PM
Said he was overseas doing what you do with some Australians and it had hit the fan pretty bad?

Bundy Bear get him????

BobinMich
02-12-2015, 09:26 PM
IMHO....Heated gear is the BEST SINGLE INVESTMENT you can make for your motorcycle riding (if you ride below 50/60 degrees)....they can go from cycle to cycle..... I LOVE them and swear by them. I have ridden in the 10-15 degree range with heated gloves and jacket (with chaps). 2616

taxfree4
02-12-2015, 11:32 PM
I was with an Army training mob here in Australia and heard this funny story from an American soldier.
So he's lying in the dirt besides this Aussy and the Aussy starts telling him about this chick he picked up in the Cross (A Sleasy part of Sydney)
Mateship and the Aussy's sense of humor when it gets tough.:icon_cool:

No matter what language or part of the world you're from women are the greatest equalizer, there's always stories to tell and you never run out of them.

taxfree4
02-12-2015, 11:36 PM
Since I'm skier , I decided to test ski gloves , which I found are perfect for biking in cold as well .
There are so many to chose from , but I would recommend high quality , which still can be 2 x cheaper ,
than designated only for motorcycles .

In the new Popular Mechanics they have a company that will custom make you a pair of beaver gloves for $200 bucks, Dam!

taxfree4
02-12-2015, 11:39 PM
IMHO....Heated gear is the BEST SINGLE INVESTMENT you can make for your motorcycle riding (if you ride below 50/60 degrees)....they can go from cycle to cycle..... I LOVE them and swear by them. I have ridden in the 10-15 degree range with heated gloves and jacket (with chaps). 11304

I'm a believer, what brand of heated gear are you using? It's going to be 16 here Sunday so I'm heading out to test the gloves again, they did fine under 32F

taxfree4
02-13-2015, 07:55 AM
In the new Popular Mechanics they have a company that will custom make you a pair of beaver gloves for $200 bucks, Dam!

Name of the company is Boundary Fur Sewing in case anyone is interested.

taxfree4
02-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Took a 20 minute ride on the parkway in 16 degrees, haven't figured the wind chill yet but they performed fine.

fl1madmax
02-13-2015, 10:32 AM
Took a 20 minute ride on the parkway in 16 degrees, haven't figured the wind chill yet but they performed fine.

and then back to Helen Ga. for the summers, Best of both Worlds.......... it's 46 today, light jacket standard Honda riding gloves !!
Ride Safe Ride Often !!!!!!!!!

taxfree4
02-13-2015, 10:53 AM
and then back to Helen Ga. for the summers, Best of both Worlds.......... it's 46 today, light jacket standard Honda riding gloves !!
Ride Safe Ride Often !!!!!!!!!

Lived in Florida, hated it, too many people from Brooklyn. Anyway according to the National Weather Service chart 16 degrees with 60 mile an hour wind is equal to 11 below

bigbird
02-13-2015, 11:22 AM
Anyway according to the National Weather Service chart 16 degrees with 60 mile an hour wind is equal to 11 below

I'll need heated riding gloves tonight if I'm taking my 'B out.

Temp -22F, wind gusting to 40 mph, windchill -47F.
But I have free medical treatment should I get frostbite :icon_laugh:

taxfree4
02-13-2015, 12:17 PM
You just have to find someone crazy enough to come and get you, I think even the sled dogs would call a strike in that weather. They'll come and get you at the spring thaw

bigbird
02-13-2015, 12:28 PM
You just have to find someone crazy enough to come and get you, I think even the sled dogs would call a strike in that weather. They'll come and get you at the spring thaw

A very cold but nowhere near record night. All activity carries on as usual.

We all have block heaters in our vehicles. If you need to park somewhere where there's no electrical outlet for the block heater, synthetic oil and a good battery should get you started in the morning. A lot of cars have auto start incorporated into their remote starts. You can set the temp at which the engine will self start, how long you want it to idle, and then it automatically shuts off. It's not uncommon to see vehicles idling unattended in the middle of the night for 10 minute stretches every couple of hours.

taxfree4
02-13-2015, 02:47 PM
A very cold but nowhere near record night. All activity carries on as usual.

We all have block heaters in our vehicles. If you need to park somewhere where there's no electrical outlet for the block heater, synthetic oil and a good battery should get you started in the morning. A lot of cars have auto start incorporated into their remote starts. You can set the temp at which the engine will self start, how long you want it to idle, and then it automatically shuts off. It's not uncommon to see vehicles idling unattended in the middle of the night for 10 minute stretches every couple of hours.

We used to run the diesels all night long in not as near cold weather as that so I guess that's what you do with them there.

bigbird
02-13-2015, 02:55 PM
We used to run the diesels all night long in not as near cold weather as that so I guess that's what you do with them there.

Diesel trucks, or diesel anything, for that matter, are a different kettle of fish as you know.
When it gets REALLY cold up here, guys either absolutely have to plug them in, or leave them running.
My son-in-law owns a construction company, and he's got about a dozen pieces of big equipment (excavators, grader, tandems, loaders, skid-steers, etc). His yard has no electricity, so he has to go out there on very cold mornings with the ether can and hope for the best. The newer ones will start, the older stuff, no.

Limoles
02-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Diesel trucks, or diesel anything, for that matter, are a different kettle of fish as you know.
When it gets REALLY cold up here, guys either absolutely have to plug them in, or leave them running.
My son-in-law owns a construction company, and he's got about a dozen pieces of big equipment (excavators, grader, tandems, loaders, skid-steers, etc). His yard has no electricity, so he has to go out there on very cold mornings with the ether can and hope for the best. The newer ones will start, the older stuff, no.

Tell him , in USA we have portable and very useful generators .

bigbird
02-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Tell him , in USA we have portable and very useful generators .

What's a generator?????
We don't even have refrigerators. No need, as we live in igloos.

Hornblower
02-13-2015, 06:41 PM
What's a generator?????
We don't even have refrigerators. No need, as we live in igloos.

Wow! It must be rough living in Canada. Oh well, at least the igloos are free, right? :stirthepot:

taxfree4
02-14-2015, 03:54 AM
What I like about these gloves:

Everything in one package - the gloves have the heat controller right on the glove, by way of a selection button, 5 settings of low, medium and high on/off. No heat-troller to buy, sometimes at an extra cost of $100. Y-Split cable included.

Touchscreen fingertips - easy cell phone use w/o removing glove

Lightweight - Dintex waterproof membrane is lightweight and even with incorporated leather and cushioned knuckles they managed to pull off lighter than usual glove.

Price - $149.00 Amazon