PDA

View Full Version : Warning - Manuals

zeus661
02-10-2015, 10:25 PM
Don't purchase manuals from www.service-shop-repair-manual.com. They are NOT as advertised. They are cheap copies of black and white. There are color pictures in the original manual they printed in black and white. They are not the same as you would get from the dealer.

Admin, delete if I am out of line here.

F6B1911
02-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Don't purchase manuals from www.service-shop-repair-manual.com. They are NOT as advertised. They are cheap copies of black and white. There are color pictures in the original manual they printed in black and white. They are not the same as you would get from the dealer.

That's good info to have, thanks.
The web site seems to be a bit misleading ... ???

"......These are new, dealer/factory service/shop repair manuals just as the dealers have and use. NOT a CD manual and NOT derived from a CD manual! Why pay more?"

terrydj
02-23-2015, 07:42 AM
Can anyone recommend a manual just for F6B's or Goldwing 1800/F6b ??:icon_cool:

Steve 0080
02-23-2015, 08:18 AM
This one covers it ALL...

bobbyf6b
02-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Who needs a manual? Just start taking it apart and hope you don't break stuff. :icon_doh:

On second thought, get a manual. :yes:

Steel Cowboy
02-23-2015, 07:47 PM
Can something be downloaded of the web, Much better option for me, have one for my M109R.:icon_biggrin:

Phantom
02-23-2015, 08:24 PM
:cheers:

With all due respect, everyone needs to be respectful of copyright laws.

Someone has gone through the expense of detailing all aspects of the required maintenance for our bikes and produced a perfect 3 ring binder. The cost is normally $70-$90 from a reputable source. You should be able to recover that small investment on the FIRST repair that you perform on your F6B. Just the savings from being able to remove parts without breaking them will make this manual valuable. I personally DO NOT condone pirating someone else's material and would ask that our membership simply purchase the actual manual. Thank You in advance for understanding.

You can order direct from Honda of Russellville or Wingstuff

I currently own 4 motorcycles and own the respective manuals for each motorcycle. They have paid for themselves many times over, well worth the money. :icon_cool::yes:

srt8-in-largo
02-24-2015, 11:57 PM

I got suckered into buying one of these. Thanks for posting so others can know.

:cheers:

With all due respect, everyone needs to be respectful of copyright laws.

Someone has gone through the expense of detailing all aspects of the required maintenance for our bikes and produced a perfect 3 ring binder. The cost is normally $70-$90 from a reputable source. You should be able to recover that small investment on the FIRST repair that you perform on your F6B. Just the savings from being able to remove parts without breaking them will make this manual valuable. I personally DO NOT condone pirating someone else's material and would ask that our membership simply purchase the actual manual. Thank You in advance for understanding.

You can order direct from Honda of Russellville or Wingstuff

I currently own 4 motorcycles and own the respective manuals for each motorcycle. They have paid for themselves many times over, well worth the money. :icon_cool::yes:

:yes:

stepbill
02-25-2015, 10:43 AM
I bought mine from them also and never gave it a thought until this post :icon_redface::banghead:. I would rather be able to put it in a 3 ring binder so you can open it up all the way. I know that I could have the holes punched and do it but.... I thought that they were an authorized distributor.

DaWadd
02-25-2015, 11:46 AM
Me too. All the info is there just a photo copy. Thats what ya get for being a cheapskate. Should have bought from Helm but at the time it was $25 more.:icon_doh:

98valk
02-26-2015, 12:10 PM
Put me on the list for buying a cheap black and white copy. I would have paid the extra for color photos.

I left a less than positive review on their site. It is awaiting their approval. I doubt it ever gets posted.

Right now they have only 1 review, and it is 5 stars. :yikes:

Navvet
02-26-2015, 01:25 PM
I always get a factory manual as part of the initial purchase. I really appreciate the color-coded wiring diagrams in the factory manuals.

DaWadd
02-26-2015, 02:42 PM
The wiring schematics are all in color in my cheapskate manual just crappy pictures. You get what you pay for.:banghead: