PDA

View Full Version : My New F6B

jerrym
02-15-2015, 01:14 PM
The Dealer delivered my 2015 F6B last Wednesday. It has installed on it the following Big Bike Parts, Smoked Chrome accessories. Side Accessory Group, the Front Accessory Group, the Cockpit Accessory Group, the Rear Accessory Group and the Smoked Tour Luggage Rack. I purchased the Dupli-Color Shadow chrome blackout coating and done the front disc covers, foot rests and some parts on the front fender chrome parts. I have not taken it out on a ride yet because of the weather.

I have one of the older J&M CFRG-GL18 Cell Phone/GPS/Radar Detector Auto Integration Terminal for GL1800. I have used this on two Goldwings. It is just too large for the room under the left glove box to put it. All I would like to have is to hookup my cell phone to work through my helmet speakers. Is there any system available without having to purchase the expensive new J&M CFBR-GL18 wireless system?

F6B1911
02-15-2015, 01:22 PM
That's gorgeous, the smoked chrome works perfect with the gray.
What windshield do you have there?

jerrym
02-15-2015, 01:34 PM
That's gorgeous, the smoked chrome works perfect with the gray.
What windshield do you have there?

It is a Tulsa windshield. I had purchased it for my 2012 Goldwing but had never installed it. I don't know if I like it to well. I may take it off and cut about two inches off the bottom and drill new holds to lower it about two inches.

Jimmytee
02-15-2015, 01:51 PM
:cheers: Congratulations. Nice looking ride

Dirtstiff's F6B
02-15-2015, 02:13 PM
Very nice,
Congrats and welcome.

VP8
02-15-2015, 02:57 PM
I have one of the older J&M CFRG-GL18 Cell Phone/GPS/Radar Detector Auto Integration Terminal for GL1800. I have used this on two Goldwings. It is just too large for the room under the left glove box to put it. All I would like to have is to hookup my cell phone to work through my helmet speakers. Is there any system available without having to purchase the expensive new J&M CFBR-GL18 wireless system?

Congrats on the new ride Jerry. If you want to go completely wireless, I would recommend investing in a Bluetooth system such as the Sana SMH10 or 20S. If you want to keep your existing JM headset and just want to listen to your tunes, etc through your cell phone, then you can use the front aux cord in your front left accessory box to plug in.

The third option is to possibly place your older JM device in the front right accessory area (where the heated grips controller is) and run your lines from there to the bottom of the left accessory box to plug in.

Or double stick/zip tie your JM module to the bottom of your front fairing (under your headlights) and run it into your left accessory box?

taxfree4
02-15-2015, 03:03 PM
That is smokin', this bike just keeps getting better every year.

Hornblower
02-15-2015, 03:18 PM

As you may know, the CFBR-GL18 system fits and works great on the F6B. As you mention, however, it is quite expensive. I was lucky to buy a used one from another forum member. Maybe you can get lucky and find a good used one too :shrug:.

Fast Forward...checked on eBay and here is a new one for a reduced price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/J-M-Bluetooth-Cell-Smart-Phone-Radar-beep-Terminal-for-Honda-GL-1800-F6B-/151466859540?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item234420dc14&vxp=mtr

Cool Hand Luke
02-15-2015, 03:26 PM
Like the color. :yes:

opas ride
02-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Nice bike and welcome.....I personally am not big on all the chrome stuff on some bikes, but yours looks nice..I also am not a fan of the front caliper chrome covers, but otherwise it is sharp....Ain't America great with all the personal choices we have and if your happy, so am I......The F6B is one super ride and I know you will enjoy the bike......Regards

Limoles
02-15-2015, 03:49 PM
Nice bike and welcome.....I personally am not big on all the chrome stuff on some bikes, but yours looks nice..I also am not a fan of the front caliper chrome covers, but otherwise it is sharp....Ain't America great with all the personal choices we have and if your happy, so am I......The F6B is one super ride and I know you will enjoy the bike......Regards

AMEN

1BADF6B
02-15-2015, 04:05 PM
Awesome color scheme. I wonder if they fixed the paint issues this year.

vmaxed
02-15-2015, 04:35 PM
Congratulations.... Nice Bike :yes:

Doug44
02-15-2015, 04:58 PM
Congrats on the new ride Jerry. If you want to go completely wireless, I would recommend investing in a Bluetooth system such as the Sana SMH10 or 20S. If you want to keep your existing JM headset and just want to listen to your tunes, etc through your cell phone, then you can use the front aux cord in your front left accessory box to plug in.

The third option is to possibly place your older JM device in the front right accessory area (where the heated grips controller is) and run your lines from there to the bottom of the left accessory box to plug in.

Or double stick/zip tie your JM module to the bottom of your front fairing (under your headlights) and run it into your left accessory box?

I agree the Sena Bluetooth setup is trick. I have it & works like Magic to my android cell phone, plus it has a 3.5mm jack (this is a standard stero earbuds input). With this input you can get from Sena for $24.95 a cord that will plug into the F6b's 5 pin din. With this setup you can Bluetooth either phone calls or music from you cell phone, plus listen to music from your bikes stero and usb input etc. When a phone call comes in it will automatically mute your music and all you do to answer the phone call is say "hello" hands free. In addition this Sena when paired up with another Sena will give you communications with another rider up to a mile or your wife riding behind you.

luisjromero
02-15-2015, 05:42 PM
Congratulations...Ride safe!!! :cheers:

bertrider
02-15-2015, 10:19 PM
Kennedy Electronics aka Cellset can custom fabricate you an integration unit for your cell phone to play through the intercom system on our f6's. I have one underneath my glove box and it works fine with my I Phone. Google Cellset and send them an e-mail. I know mine was less expensive than the J&M version.

flyboy
02-16-2015, 09:44 PM

+1 :lolup:

CheesyRider
02-16-2015, 10:15 PM
Congrats! That smoked chrome really works on the grey. I bet you're itching for some good riding weather!

Trike lady
02-16-2015, 10:31 PM
Congrats, the bike looks great. :yes:

yellow rex
02-16-2015, 10:57 PM
Ed Sets is working on device to intergrate your BT phone into the bike but you
still need the cord to the helment, and John at Kennedy just started working on his
last week check with both of them.