PDA

View Full Version : Picking up a new to me F6B

Denase
02-15-2015, 01:41 PM
I will be heading out the weekend of the 21 to pick up my new to me motorcycle. I will be trailering it 700 miles. Where are the best tie down locations, both front and back for the F6B? Thanks in advance.:icon_mrgreen:

Jimmytee
02-15-2015, 01:48 PM
I'd use the engine guards in front of the cylinders and guards directly in front of the saddlebags. I have not trailered my F6B though. I have trailered my Valkyrie and similar points to tie it down.

tinknocker
02-15-2015, 07:44 PM
I trailered mine from the crash bars both front and back...make sure you stop every do often to check the straps for tension

RickW
02-15-2015, 08:00 PM
I will be heading out the weekend of the 21 to pick up my new to me motorcycle. I will be trailering it 700 miles. Where are the best tie down locations, both front and back for the F6B? Thanks in advance.:icon_mrgreen:

You will want to use soft ties up front. Go around each fork just above the triple tree. This is the preferred method by most. Yes we have had to trailer our F6b a couple of times when I had to take the trailer to shows. On the back you will want to remove the side covers and either use soft ties or your ratchet strap and go around the frame where the rear guards are attached. The rear guards are pretty thin, not like on the old Valkyrie and will possible bend on you if a lot of stress if put on them.
You can also do a search for trailering a GL1800, there are a couple articles online.

flamed20
02-15-2015, 10:21 PM
I used the crash bars front and rear on mine when I trailered it home. Worked good and didn't have any problems. The trip was around 450 miles.

shooter
02-16-2015, 12:07 AM
I haul mine to Cincy and back , 900 miles on my Kendon trailer. I wrap a towel around the crash bars front and rear , wrap a soft tie around the towel and use 2 inch ratchet straps on front and 1 inch on the rear. It never moves. I never have to re-tie. Pull the suspension down approx 1/2 of its travel.

LX2
02-16-2015, 09:52 AM
Soft tyes from the LOWER triple tees at a forward angle with the front wheel in a secured wheel chock. Then secure at minimum thru and around the rear wheel to keep it from bouncing and moving the back of the bike sideways. Stay away from the rear crash bars cause the bolts supporting them may not be as strong as you think especially if your trailer hits a hard dip or chuck hole in the road.
Ask me how I know..............11423

It also bent the remaining bolt and was almost pulled out of the frame. NO......I didn't do this but I saw it........could have been a pretty bad situation.

jaygollner
02-16-2015, 10:07 AM
I use these on my bike and they sure work well for me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HTP8N0I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1